Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-26-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
bobbyt62

joe sharp--very sharp----drf asleep at wheel

now joe sharp is found again using levamisole. drf article (paulick too) does NOT state how the dq'd runners performed---not saying you couldnt guess, but in the name of good reporting, you'd think maybe paulick would say something. there were 5 this time, 3 winners and 2 close seconds. this wasnt his first time with this substance-----late 2019 and early 2020, same dope, 10 runners, 8 or 9 winners there too. i looked them up on equibase individually , though i can t remember whther the first time was 8 or 9 . but the latest 5 were right there. that puts himat around 13 of 15 or so, not bad . 1 --one-- month suspension. where's cancel culture when you need it ???
bobbyt62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2021, 10:35 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Are you sure about this? I thought it was the same batch that is now being adjudicated in Kentucky. First time was in Louisiana.

https://www.drf.com/news/sharp-suspe...isole-postives

It is all in that article...in DRF.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2021, 10:58 PM   #3
bobbyt62

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...s-in-kentucky/ heres the article from paulick in february 2020 , this time noting the performances near the end-----8 horses , 6 winners and 2 seconds. the story in drf covers the late 2020 churchill meet, with 5 other starters, 3 wins and 2 close seconds ( those finishes werent reported by anyone, drf, paullick or blood horse ) . art collector, subsequently transferred to tom drury, was one of the horses.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:07 PM   #4
bobbyt62

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=firefox-b-1-d
Old 01-26-2021, 11:19 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62 View Post
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...s-in-kentucky/ heres the article from paulick in february 2020 , this time noting the performances near the end-----8 horses , 6 winners and 2 seconds. the story in drf covers the late 2020 churchill meet, with 5 other starters, 3 wins and 2 close seconds ( those finishes werent reported by anyone, drf, paullick or blood horse ) . art collector, subsequently transferred to tom drury, was one of the horses.
The story in DRF covers the late 2019 meet at Churchill. I mean, it is the FIRST paragraph.

Quote:
Trainer Joe Sharp has been suspended 30 days after five horses he trained tested positive for the de-worming medication levamisole in late 2019, according to stewards’ rulings posted on the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission website.
This is the only mention of 2020 positives in the article:

Quote:
In all, Sharp has had 15 horses disqualified from races due to levamisole positives in the past year. Ten of his horses were disqualified from races in Louisiana after testing positive in late 2019 and 2020.
Maybe this is confusing, but it was late 2019 and early 2020, all at the Fair Grounds.

Last edited by cj; 01-26-2021 at 11:20 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2021, 04:12 AM   #6
bobbyt62

ill say im wrong about the time element just to get beyond that. the point is that at tw different tracks, fair grounds and churchill, he doped 13-15 horses, nearly all of which wonand confiscated a lOT of money from bettors which didnt bet his entry. the link i posted , titled "examining the plausibility of drug positives" is another damning indicment, especially in the analysis of WHEN he said he stopped. i dont want all this stuff to be true and to be happening, but it seems to go on and on....
Old 01-28-2021, 03:03 PM   #7
stuball

Unhappy I betcha

No way of telling how much they sucked out of the betting pools
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply