Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #856
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Trakus screwed up both turf stakes races Saturday. Equibase has removed all the Trakus times and reported hand times for the final time only in both. The hand times look very well done to me, but final time is really fairly irrelevant without fractions, especially on turf. Gulfstream needs to do better but I'm not holding out hope. They've had timing issues for decades.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2020, 12:18 AM   #857
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox View Post
The first at Santa Anita....Hard to believe the 21.10 first 1/4
I'm checking that one out, the whole race looks too fast to me.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:33 AM   #858
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm checking that one out, the whole race looks too fast to me.
Yeah, no way those times are right, no way in hell.

Looks like the camera guy was caught by surprise when watching the replay, and the guy that turns on the Trakus switch was late turning on the system. Race is much slower than it is listed, will time it tomorrow to get better times.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:41 AM   #859
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Yeah, no way those times are right, no way in hell.

Looks like the camera guy was caught by surprise when watching the replay, and the guy that turns on the Trakus switch was late turning on the system. Race is much slower than it is listed, will time it tomorrow to get better times.
I gotta tell you all, this stuff is so tiresome some days. How does nobody that works at Santa Anita catch this?
Old 02-03-2020, 12:56 AM   #860
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

All the times are about 1.50 seconds too fast.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:49 PM   #861
outofthebox

Quote:
All the times are about 1.50 seconds too fast.
Thanks CJ
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2020, 04:49 PM   #862
AltonKelsey
Veteran

These genii cant time a race taking place right in front of their noses in plain sight

You want them to catch biotech cheaters ?

AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #863
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

GP Pace ratings today

BRIS had some interesting pace ratings.

First two races were hand timed and there were no fractions in the charts. BUT, there were pace ratings. So what time did they use to get them?

Third race had times in the chart and no note about hand timing,but there were no time listed for the race.....another WTH moment.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4095.jpg (66.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Tom; 02-29-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #864
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Most pace ratings seem to be made with a wide crayon anyway. Often make no sense.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #865
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You have to know how to use them.
Most people have no clue.

TF are great, BRIS, actually, not bad if you are selective and use common sense as to what ones are important.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #866
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
I don't think the photo finish camera and the timer are tied together in any way.

It's just sad really. I get it, shit happens, but how are these things not caught?
Nope they are mutually exclusive
Old 03-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #867
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Nope they are mutually exclusive
I guess it can be used at times?

I was told that is how Kentucky Downs has been timing races the past few years after hand timing before that. Maybe tied into the gate to start the timer? I really don't know and haven't asked to figure it out.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #868
cardinalsfan

They don't care about you!

The folks at Equibase and the Daily Racing Form do not care about you as long as you keep buying their products! I've spoken to folks from both places and their first response is they're right, you're wrong. Then when you provide evidence, and they're still skeptical. Every once in awhile they will admit a mistake but mostly, they just think you are a degenerate gambler and they owe you nothing. Didn't used to be that way, but these days, absolutely no quality control whatsoever . Just my opinion based on experience.
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #869
MooseDog

Then when you provide evidence, and they're still skeptical. Every once in awhile they will admit a mistake but mostly, they just think you are a degenerate gambler and they owe you nothing.

I don't think what you are saying is true. Ellis (Ubercapper on PA) monitors this board and I think he's been quite responsive to getting information about questionable times to the powers-that-be at Equibase. Why don't you contact him with your concerns.

If you call the 800 number, you're pretty much talking to high-turnover lower paid CS reps at both companies. Likewise if you email you're probably hitting those same people.
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #870
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
Then when you provide evidence, and they're still skeptical. Every once in awhile they will admit a mistake but mostly, they just think you are a degenerate gambler and they owe you nothing.

I don't think what you are saying is true. Ellis (Ubercapper on PA) monitors this board and I think he's been quite responsive to getting information about questionable times to the powers-that-be at Equibase. Why don't you contact him with your concerns.

If you call the 800 number, you're pretty much talking to high-turnover lower paid CS reps at both companies. Likewise if you email you're probably hitting those same people.

MooseDog, Thanks.

CJ, & many others, know what Cardinalsfan wrote couldn't be farther than the truth, at least insofar as when fractional times, run-ups, rail settings or other things in a chart are questioned, at least since I've been there (which is 20 years).

At the least, every concern is looked into if it passes my desk and as a general rule, if someone calls the 800 number and the issue involves a chart, it does pass by my desk (with one exception from 3/6 through 3/23 when I was on vacation for the first time in many years).

Cardinalsfan - send me a DM with an issue and I'll look into it.

Last edited by ubercapper; 03-30-2020 at 01:44 PM.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply