Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 10-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Charlie

Curious

I'll admit that I am a very easy mark when it comes to books about horse racing. I have quite an extensive library. When a book comes out, I usually buy it. In fact, I am still awaiting Pandy's new book about harness racing. But anyway, I stumbled upon the following website, (www.horsebettingracingsystem.com), and a manual titled "Guaranteed Horse Betting Profits". I was wondering if anyone has any info concerning its validity. Thanks for any response.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
I'll admit that I am a very easy mark when it comes to books about horse racing. I have quite an extensive library. When a book comes out, I usually buy it. In fact, I am still awaiting Pandy's new book about harness racing. But anyway, I stumbled upon the following website, (www.horsebettingracingsystem.com), and a manual titled "Guaranteed Horse Betting Profits". I was wondering if anyone has any info concerning its validity. Thanks for any response.
Hello Charlie, I am also looking forward to reading Pandy's harness book because i am just getting into that area. As far as the website , here is my opinion. Horse players are always looking for that "Utopia System". Stick with the library that you have , as long as you have the "main" books in the field....mine would be by Davidowitz, Beyet, Ainslee, Brohamer. Then study them in and out and get real good at one or two things. That with proper money management can get you ahead in this game. Who knows...then you join that other thread about being a pro haha. I have read many many books on racing and the phrase that keeps coming up is " too much analysis leads to paralysis ". Good luck joe
RaceBookJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
Vigors

Hey "Racebook".......

.....you wouldn't be forgetting Dick Mitchell and Barry Meadow,

would ya' ??
Vigors is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Pandy's book is out?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigors
.....you wouldn't be forgetting Dick Mitchell and Barry Meadow,

would ya' ??
Didnt mean to slight any author, just tried to write a quick post and not a novel haha. I left out a few authors that I really enjoy reading. I have actually learned something from every book I have ever read, even crappy books teach you what not to do. I have read some books by 'lesser' authors that I found something useful in. My point to the starter of the thread was more of a warning of always looking for the perfect way as we all do from time to time. Learn the art of handicapping and become a master in 1 or 2 areas as opposed to being a 'jack of all trades'. That doesnt mean that a 'jack of all trades' cant win....., but it is easier to master 1 thing first, then you can slowly add and become a "jack' if you want to.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Pandy's book is out?
I dont think it is out, and may not even be close, not sure. I read somewhere that he was supposed to be coming out with a book for a while now. I plan to get it when it does, i really enjoy his writings. I have read his articles at ustrotting.com and also inherited his "pro-simulcast system' for Tbreds. If I walk into the racebooks here in Vegas and have'nt had time to handicap properly, i find myself turning to his system first as a spot play. It comes up with all types of value plays, but I dont want to open up THAT can of worms ( what is value ) haha.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBookJoe
I dont think it is out, and may not even be close, not sure. I read somewhere that he was supposed to be coming out with a book for a while now. I plan to get it when it does, i really enjoy his writings. I have read his articles at ustrotting.com and also inherited his "pro-simulcast system' for Tbreds. If I walk into the racebooks here in Vegas and have'nt had time to handicap properly, i find myself turning to his system first as a spot play. It comes up with all types of value plays, but I dont want to open up THAT can of worms ( what is value ) haha.
I also doubt that Pandy's book is out, but if it is, feel free to tell me where I could find it. But anyway, I just wanted you to know that I continually read about handicapping. Have read many books, but favor the writings of Beyer, Pizzola, Free and Perosino. But my favorite book is Jim Lehane's Calibration Handicapping. It has many interesting concepts and is a very easy read. If you haven't read it, it's a worthwhile read.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
I also doubt that Pandy's book is out, but if it is, feel free to tell me where I could find it. But anyway, I just wanted you to know that I continually read about handicapping. Have read many books, but favor the writings of Beyer, Pizzola, Free and Perosino. But my favorite book is Jim Lehane's Calibration Handicapping. It has many interesting concepts and is a very easy read. If you haven't read it, it's a worthwhile read.
Calibration Handicapping is a good read, definately not so math heavy like the Sartin/Brohamer stuff. I think my first 4 authors that I read were Holloway, Ainslie, Flohr and Bauman. Then I was led to Beyer etc. Again, read everything you can get your hands on about the sport. Even the book "Training Thoroughbred Horses" by Preston Burch.....tells the story from the trainers point of view. Consume everything but narrow your focus to score. Keep posting.