Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #61
sammy the sage

I'm going to channel..."my inner Tom"...nuke the WHOLE county...

prosecutors, law enforcement, corrupt judge, guilty as sin in-laws of something disgusting,...ect....

none of us here will miss anything...and the counties surrounding them will be better off....

there...I feel better already...
Old 01-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #62
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
If you're asking me then yes you should give a shit if people are in prison serving time for a crime they didn't commit. Its ****ing disgusting. Im a member of PETA and Im defending this guy because it could happen to anyone of us. Killing cats is ****ed up. More ****ed up than killing a human IMO. Like I said in a previous post if there was a law in place that kept cat killers behind bars for life then let the mother****er rot. Unfortunately there isn't.
I am not a court of law...and I am not obligated to abide by what the laws dictate when I offer my opinions on cases like these. I don't know what the "lawful" penalty is for dousing a cat with gasoline and tossing it into a fire, but to me, WHATEVER it is...it ain't enough.

I have a cat, and I also have a gun. And the person who does this to MY cat, is going to pay for this act with his life. And I am no-where NEAR what could be called a "tough guy".

I agree with Tom and Fager Fan on this one. Whatever harm comes to this guy will not disturb me in the least.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #63
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Everyone dies sometime.
Just make it a more convenient time for trash like this worthless slug.
Like I said Sammy, why take chances?
Take out the trash before it starts to smell.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #64
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I am not a court of law...and I am not obligated to abide by what the laws dictate when I offer my opinions on cases like these. I don't know what the "lawful" penalty is for dousing a cat with gasoline and tossing it into a fire, but to me, WHATEVER it is...it ain't enough.

I have a cat, and I also have a gun. And the person who does this to MY cat, is going to pay for this act with his life. And I am no-where NEAR what could be called a "tough guy".

I agree with Tom and Fager Fan on this one. Whatever harm comes to this guy will not disturb me in the least.
If you are reading anything that ass.hole Kratz says, look at the source and know it's most likely a bunch of lies.

It was never proven the cat had gasoline poured on him.

This is what happened according to Steven Avery.

"Another mistake I did, I had a bunch of friends over and we were fooling around with the cat and, I don't know, they were kind of negging (sic) it on,' viewers heard him say in the first episode. 'I tossed him over the fire and he lit up. You know, it was the family cat. I was young and stupid and hanging around with the wrong people."

I take it as he threw it over the fire and not into the fire, intentionally trying to kill the cat.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #65
Fager Fan
Veteran

You don't "light up" without an accelerant.

I also doubt he would've been reported had it been an accident. Apparently one or more witnesses were horrified to the point if reporting, and enough proof existed that this scum pled guilty.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2016, 03:11 AM   #66
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos

If you dig enough you can find a reason to dislike anyone who is on trial for any crime. Thankfully those people are not on trial for being bad people or there would be more people in prison than there are walking the street.

Last edited by ManU918; 01-08-2016 at 03:44 AM.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2016, 10:31 PM   #67
ldiatone

http://www.wtae.com/entertainment/wh...m:+New+Content

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #68
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
It's o.k.. He has this Attorney now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Zellner
Old 01-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #69
Mystic

Some things left of of the documentary.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MakingaMurd...ft_out_of_mam/
Old 01-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #70
Valuist

Just started watching it this past weekend. The first episode had a bit of a Fargo "feel" to it, but it also is like Breaking Bad, in that its addicting. With the playoff game unwatchable at this point, think I'll fire up Netflix.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #71
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Just started watching it this past weekend. The first episode had a bit of a Fargo "feel" to it, but it also is like Breaking Bad, in that its addicting. With the playoff game unwatchable at this point, think I'll fire up Netflix.
Smart man.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #72
RunForTheRoses

I watched this mostly last weekend, about 5 episodes in 2 days, it is addicting. I still have one to go.

First off, on a personal Justice level I agree with thasakalos, I do not give a shit if he rots in jail for killing the cat, in fact I'd like to see him slowly tortured. However, on a societal justice level it does matter. To me it does seem messed up that he was going to cost the county mucho dolares and destroy the reputations of Lenk and others (possibly they would face criminal charges too).

The reddit site is a good place for more discussion (although I'm getting overloaded looking at these repulsive people on all sides). One post, that looks kinda possible, is that there was a weird confluence of events between the searchers and Lenk and Colburn and the other nephew and the sister's boyfriend. One thing that doesn't add up in the nephew's account is where is the blood in the house? Lame brain wouldn't be capable of getting rid of all of it. But, the reporette brought up that SAs DNA was on the bullet and the nephew's full testimony seems damning if you watch the whole thing and not cherry picked excerpts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/makingamurderer

I'd like to see an interview with the victim's brother and other "normal" locals and see why they are so certain he did it.

Through reddit I learned about this podcast Serial, season one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial...n_1_.282014.29

about a case in Baltimore. Any Baltimore folks remember it? I've listened to the first two episodes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Hae_Min_Lee

One thing that is similar and is really an axiom of these cases is the DA, once they pick whom to prosecute are not worried about Justice but in getting a conviction. Their self interest as government employees is to win the case.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 01-17-2016 at 03:21 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2016, 11:10 PM   #73
Fager Fan
Veteran

Police can't plant sweat, can they?

They planted the car, the blood, the bullet, and the body?

Then we have to ask where they got the body? And her car and all her personal effects. So they found her shot in her car, and they decided, "hey, let's frame this guy, " and over the next days and nights they hid her car on their property, and burned her body in his fire barrel? And the guy didn't see them do this? Smell the fire? Nothing, though he was there?

Who did kill her? Did the Sheriff Dept kill her to have a murder to frame him with?

How do we explain him being the last to see her alive? And his phone calls to her? And how he called her phone at 4:30 to establish an alibi leaving a voice mail asking where she was, she hadn't kept her appointment, but then admits she did keep her 2:30 appointment.

He did it. The phone calls are the giveaway even if you think there was a vast conspiracy to frame him by law enforcement. The phone company wasn't part of the conspiracy.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #74
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Police can't plant sweat, can they?

They planted the car, the blood, the bullet, and the body?

Then we have to ask where they got the body? And her car and all her personal effects. So they found her shot in her car, and they decided, "hey, let's frame this guy, " and over the next days and nights they hid her car on their property, and burned her body in his fire barrel? And the guy didn't see them do this? Smell the fire? Nothing, though he was there?

Who did kill her? Did the Sheriff Dept kill her to have a murder to frame him with?

How do we explain him being the last to see her alive? And his phone calls to her? And how he called her phone at 4:30 to establish an alibi leaving a voice mail asking where she was, she hadn't kept her appointment, but then admits she did keep her 2:30 appointment.

He did it. The phone calls are the giveaway even if you think there was a vast conspiracy to frame him by law enforcement. The phone company wasn't part of the conspiracy.

I didn't know that. The creators of the show (and Serial) are using the common disconnect between Truth and Justice and the prosecution trying to get a guilty verdict.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2016, 12:39 AM   #75
Valuist

Nancy Grace was on Dr. Phil arguing there was "no doubt" in her mind that Avery was guilty. She cited a litany of personality flaws of Avery; he told an inmate or two in prison he was gonna rape women (since when are inmates such bastions of credibility?). She brought up the bit about the cat; was that bad? Sure, but it had zero to do with this case. She also then admitted her ex-fiance was murdered, so she clearly has tunnel vision on this (much like Hallbach's brother), and is speaking from emotion. Its understandable that Hallbach's brother had tunnel vision; he just wanted a conviction. Probably anyone else in that spot would. But that doesn't make him an objective thinker. And as we found out, Nancy Grace isn't, either.

One thing is for sure, whether Avery actually did it or not; the Manitowac County police were incompetant, corrupt, lazy, had a clear conflict of interest, and had a clear motive to stick it to Avery. The documentary wasn't about Hallbach; it was about the trial, and the shockingly poor work by the county PD.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply