Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-22-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
tonto1944
Tonto1944

Some Day someone is going to Sue

Today I loved the 8 in the 1st at the Spa. So I bet her and 2 other horses in the first. I was watching the Post Parade and Jan Rushton who deserves a Thank You , told us the 8 had a skin disease. She also said that a horse with this type of a diease rarely runs a good race. So I was able to cancel my bet on the 8 and luckily I had the exacta but not enough time to pick a third horse for triple. Now if we had info like this before the race like maybe in the Early A.M. or in the DRF or something people wouldn't throw money away. It's a digrace the way they are allowed to screw the Public. Any sports betting of any type Footbal,Baseball and what ever sport you bet they have to put out an injury report so the bettor has the proper facts. But as usual the horse player gets screwed.
Someday someone will either sue the Track or Owner or both. I hope it's soon.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
stuball

SCREWED OVER

Consider me screwed........I did not hear Jan before 1st race....

darn...................

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #3
Perilous

skin disease is a broad term, during the summer its pretty common. It would be hard to let the public be aware of every horse with a few bumps and loss of hair. Just like the public isn't aware that there is a screw in a ankle, quarter crack in the right hoof or has a breathing problem, all of these effect performance.
Perilous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perilous
skin disease is a broad term, during the summer its pretty common. It would be hard to let the public be aware of every horse with a few bumps and loss of hair. Just like the public isn't aware that there is a screw in a ankle, quarter crack in the right hoof or has a breathing problem, all of these effect performance.

I don't know about that. My older brother is big into Football and Basketball. Clollege Bball that is. He thinks my Father and I are nuts for betting a horse race of any kind . He knows if a player has and ingrown toe nail or if he has anything wrong with him. And he makes a very good living at it . But I don't have his patience. An owner or trainer should notify the public of any problem a horse they are going to run has. It's our betting money that keeps them in business.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Perilous

For the handicappers, yes that would make the game much clearer...though I think that is why they call it gambling.
Trainers, don't notify the public on anything besides general medication(lasix) and works, they would have to make rules, and I don't even want to think how they could create rules for horseman to say every little thing about their horse. Handicappers would probably be bored to death reading the list on every horse. I could see it now:
Horse has spurs in both knees.
Thrush in hind hooves.
Had a small thing of skin disease six weeks ago.
Got vaccinated two weeks ago.
Hasn't trained in a week.

That could be just for one horse, easy. The programs would be the size of a novel if all that was in there!
I wouldn't worry as much about skin disease, since its quite obvious from looking at the horse as much as medications, honest workouts and so on.
Perilous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
exactajack

skin disease or no skin disease the 8 had no shot. The 2 was huge on my numbers and going turf to dirt with Santos off and Johnny V on. No brainer. Almost as easy as Chowders First the other day and Sweet Synphony yesterday. Anyone who didn't think that Sweet Synphony was going to explode and didn't cash on these should reevaluate how they analyze races.
exactajack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
Bubbles
Frontrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactajack
skin disease or no skin disease the 8 had no shot. The 2 was huge on my numbers and going turf to dirt with Santos off and Johnny V on. No brainer. Almost as easy as Chowders First the other day and Sweet Synphony yesterday. Anyone who didn't think that Sweet Synphony was going to explode and didn't cash on these should reevaluate how they analyze races.
I agree that the 8 had little chance. But a no-brainer on the 2? There was a reason the 3 was odds-on there, her last race was amazing. Congrats for having the 2, but give yourself credit, it wasn't as easy as you made it sound!

Also, in terms of Sweet Symphony without trying to get TOO far off-topic: Explode? It was her first try at the G1 level, heck, it was her first taste of stakes waters, PERIOD. I thought she had a CHANCE, but against Spun Sugar, a very classy filly, she was FAR from a lock, just based on class.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #8
WINMANWIN
Toga Party !!!!

The Comedy Continues and Always Will. Wayne Lukas SAID that these Horses are WASHING OUT in the NEW DETENTION BARNS, AND BASICALLY Have NO-SHOT.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #9
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Skin Disease

Didn't Birdstone win the Belmont with a nasty skin disease ???

ZAFONIC
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
kenwoodallpromos

Tonto:

Maybe the guy with the suspect lawyer who is suing CHRB over Sweet Catomine will be willing to sue. Or you could search the old news article for the Atty's name.
BTW, CHRB just tightened reporting for gelded horses. Maybe trainers at all tracks could fill out a 10 page questionaire about the horse's condition. You could then publish it and make a fortune selling the information! If you find enough people to believe the trainer about all that.
Maybe the tracks could conduct complete physicals by a Vet, a dermitologist, a horse podiatrist, etc. Or maybe you could read Joe's articles on here.
Personally, I would faint if the industry even put out the amount of salix given each horse prior to the race.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:41 PM   #11
toetoe
Veteran

If I listened to Joe Takach, I'd never make a bet. Something bad to say about every horse.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #12
Donnie

Speaking of suing....

Are y'all folowing the discussion of Jerry Brown suing his partners/clients?

You can catch it here:

http://www.homebased2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4733

Be sure to scroll down and read the actual court filing...it is a pdf attachment.

Last edited by Donnie@HTR; 08-23-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #13
andicap

cancelling bets?

where can you cancel a bit you've already made?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
frankfig

BET VALUE

We all over handicap at times and adding this type of info will only confuse us. If a horse has the ability but MIGHT have a medical problem he is still a good bet at 8-1 but not so at 3-1 !
frankfig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #15
toetoe
Veteran

How can JB have the nerve to sue someone for doing what JB did to Ragozin?
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply