Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #31
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Manning looked off last night. Sort like he might be nursing a sore shoulder.
I agree he looked a bit off. But I suspect it was as much from the Colts pass rush as anything.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
From what I saw last night (Broncos vs Colts), I would say that Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

I say this not so much because of statistics, but his leadership and get-it-done ability.

Sure, they lost. But he took hold of the game with a few minutes to go and it looked like Michael Jordan back when the 4th quarter belonged to him. The whole team just seemed to have a "We'll just succeed like we always do" attitude.

I was really impressed.
That's how I see it. If not for his teammates letting him down Indy was in real trouble. Watching Manning is like watching a field general. Nobody else like it playing today.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #33
Valuist

That game last night had 72 points and 16 punts. Rare to see so many points with that many punts.

Having said that, Denver has got some issues on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #34
proximity

if uncle peyton "struggled" any it was because he was playing a top secondary and (individual) pash rusher.

2012 pro bowl safety laron landry returned to the lineup along with our other safety antoine bethea who himself is a 2x afc pro bowler. i mention afc, because his career pretty much ran parallel troy polamalu who imo is the best ever.

darius butler is very strong in the nickel, vontae davis should probably be a pro bowler this year and greg toler is above average.

i will say that it was a great moment when peyton he took his helmet off after the tribute.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
if uncle peyton "struggled" any it was because he was playing a top secondary and (individual) pash rusher.

2012 pro bowl safety laron landry returned to the lineup along with our other safety antoine bethea who himself is a 2x afc pro bowler. i mention afc, because his career pretty much ran parallel troy polamalu who imo is the best ever.

darius butler is very strong in the nickel, vontae davis should probably be a pro bowler this year and greg toler is above average.

i will say that it was a great moment when peyton he took his helmet off after the tribute.
In their previous 6 games, Manning had been hit a total of 5 times. Yesterday alone, he got hit 10 times. Pass protection issues on the Broncos? They had an extremely easy schedule before last night's game. Dallas is ok, and they almost lost there, and last night they faced a good team, and lost by more than the final score indicated. That game realistically wasn't close.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
proximity

hey valuist, i noticed your post seahawk game stat came true again..... 49ers all over titans. i'm so convinced i've actually downgraded the colts win vs the 49ers.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #37
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
No. No he's not.

I thought he was head and shoulders better than RG3 and still do, and I've always liked him. However, he's not the best in the NFL by a country mile.

I always like to ask the following question: Someone is standing behind you with a gun to your head. There's two minutes to go in the game, and you need a QB to score a TD or the gun goes off and you're dead. What QB are you going to pick who gives you the best chance to survive???

If you answer Andrew Luck, I'm gonna call you a liar. He still makes too many young QB mistakes. And please don't bring up the meaningless 4th qtr comeback stat. Why were you behind going into the 4th qtr anyway?
He's not the best yet but he might be soon. And for the record, he's already generated nine game-winning drives in the 4th quarter (including six 4th-quarter comeback wins) from just 23 regular season games.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #38
proximity

one thing andrew could have done better was audible out of some of those 2nd and 3rd down runs in the beginning of the game when denver was crowding the line.

we've now beaten valuist's top 3 preseason teams. sf and sea are still probably better teams than us. with reggie i think we might have been better than denver though. without him it's going to be a rough road.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #39
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
From what I saw last night (Broncos vs Colts), I would say that Manning is the best QB in the NFL.

I say this not so much because of statistics, but his leadership and get-it-done ability.

Sure, they lost. But he took hold of the game with a few minutes to go and it looked like Michael Jordan back when the 4th quarter belonged to him. The whole team just seemed to have a "We'll just succeed like we always do" attitude.

I was really impressed.
I agree. Too bad Denver's defensive secondary is so God Awful !
They are near the worst in football and the reason they won't win the big games.
Peyton has to manufacture enough points to make up for their piss-poor pass defense, and that ain't gonna happen against better teams.

If they had even a decent pass defense, .. they'd be scary with Peyton.
But they give the opposing receivers so much room and don't seem to know what they're doing, that any decent passing team can march down the field seemingly at will..

Bronco's Defensive Secondary Needs: More Speed? Better Talent? Better Coaching?
They need something. But it sure as hell isn't (he's injured again and overrated) Chump Baily.
They should have got rid of that guy after his awful play last year.

Last edited by Hosshead; 10-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #40
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
one thing andrew could have done better was audible out of some of those 2nd and 3rd down runs in the beginning of the game when denver was crowding the line.

we've now beaten valuist's top 3 preseason teams. sf and sea are still probably better teams than us. with reggie i think we might have been better than denver though. without him it's going to be a rough road.
Yes, you have beaten Denver, Seattle and San Fran so its clear the Colts are not intimidated by anyone. The Miami loss was puzzling. The Charger loss was a bit but real tough scheduling spot for the Colts in the game between Seattle and Manning's return to Indy.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #41
TheEdge07
Veteran

Ill take luck over any qb in the league....amd.im talking.today
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #42
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Ill take luck over any qb in the league....amd.im talking.today

Like i said luck is the best qb in the league..him and brady do more with less case closed..and im a pitt fan and love ben.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #43
precocity
Veteran

EHH GIVE YOU ROMO AND ORTON RIGHT NOW FOR LUCK!!!!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #44
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Is the best QB in the NFl..

Brady MAYBE but he isnt as mobile as Luck he would get killed playing behind the COLT OFFENSIVE LINE

Rodgers
Manning
Ben
Russell
Kapernick

Couldnt win with the colt roster..

Luck has 8 game winning drivesin the 4th quarter or OT since the start of last season..the MOST by any QB qith a shit roster..
Easy there, Hoss!

I like Luck. He's very intelligent AND talented, unusual in pro sports. And he plays well under pressure. Yesterday, he played a great game.

That would be ONE great game! ONE! And, he's now 1-1 in the Playoffs. He has light years to go to catch up to 1) Joe & 1A) Tom, let alone that aww shucks guy- Terry or even Ben (look up his Playoff Record).

Take a chill pill and watch his development over the next DECADE. If he's still in the hunt then, come back and blast away.

Too early, no record of import, yet.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply