Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-28-2003, 09:30 AM   #1
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Saratoga Seating

NYRA Chutzpah!

We need to find more money for 2004, but we've already emptied the horsemen's accounts, so let's look for new ideas.

Just remember, these cows are sacred:
(1) Consulting agreements.
(2) Legal retainers.
(3) Golden parachutes.
(4) Management salaries and benefits.
(5) Expense accounts.
(6) Perks to political friends of NYRA.

Yes, raising seating prices sounds good!

Oh, that's really a creative twist... charging actual admission months in advance... that even ropes in the horsemen who have always paid for seats but were getting in free! On that note, let's adjourn this meeting to Ciro's Place!

http://www.saratogian.com/site/news....id=17708&rfi=6
VetScratch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #2
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

The New Deal For Horse Owners

Pay to buy your horse.
Pay to train your horse.
Pay applicable nomination, entry, and starter fees.
Pay your jockey.
Actually pay admission to watch your horse run!
Paper your bathroom with horsemen's statements that aren't worth the paper they are printed on!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
Suff
Beat up 💪

Thats old news ass scratch. I mean vet Scratch

This was posted by me...(coincidently) a few days ago...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&threadid=9267

get with the program...

Hey have a Nice day anyway...

Until You Post a PIk4 with us.. I'm not speaking to you.

Lol... all in fun.. but seriously.. play a Godamn Ticket!
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #4
Suff
Beat up 💪

Re: Saratoga Seating

Quote:
Originally posted by VetScratch
NYRA Chutzpah!

[/url]
You say you had an office at Pearl and Maiden in Albany? Well I'm a tad familiar with Albany NY...and most anyone with an office in that Neighborhood works for the Federal Govt or State Govt... although I think Skidmore College also has some office space in that Block as well,.,,, either way.. the Govt or and Edu.. Your a Hack yourself.. you got your own chutzpah.. because Your supposedly a child of privledge..who attempst to be the Voice of the Backside worker... Thats even LARGER ChutzPah than NYRA has..

But anway.. If you are at all Familiar with Saratoga... ADMISSION has NEVER been included with seating packages,, EVER!

I had 300 tickets last year alone.. 300 reserved seats.. and printed on everyone of them is "Admission not included"

It has been that way for 50 years...

If you buy two seats in the clubhouse at 8.00 a pop... you always had to pay the additional clubhouse admission when you arrived.... all NYRA did was restructure the way it accepted payment... so there

btw..I'll be at Saratoga in 2004,, and your graciously invited..and even though you say your doing well.. You don't have to worry about a thing.. I got your seat, Your admission, Your lunch. ..so don't sweat the Five bucks... and I have seen you type that Your photo has graced many a Locker room.... well you better plan on gracing the festival Tent with our group in 2004... I'd rather meet you than the president.. You are a character...and characters are right up my alley...

Last edited by Suff; 12-28-2003 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:41 AM   #5
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Suff,
Quote:
But anway.. If you are at all Familiar with Saratoga... ADMISSION has NEVER been included with seating packages,, EVER!
Just read http://www.saratogian.com/site/news....id=17708&rfi=6 and you will see admission is being bundled in advance for 2004.

This means horse owners now get nicked for admission when they buy their seating packages. This is unprecedented, because horse owner licensees have always been granted free admission at racetracks.

Slow down and read the news before you burst a vessel!
Old 12-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #6
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally posted by VetScratch

Slow down and read the news before you burst a vessel!
lol? slow down.. I'm having an AM coffee with a few pokes on the Peace Pipe.. I'm plenty chill'd

anyway.. I saw that...yes.. and you know what? The credentials are a Joke.. I had Horsemans pass's last year.. me and Rocajack had them... anyone with any wee bit of hustle can get them...
The one's we had came from a Guy here in Boston.. who went ONCE in 2003..did'nt race an animal so why should he get in for free?

Additionally.. The line at the Horsemans entrance is always LONGER than the Regular admission lines... They have three..count them ...3! Pass Gates...everyday 100's and 100's of people have owners and/or Horseman Creddentials.. Its a Joke..

You Blame NYRA for tightening the belt and Bringing credibility back to the real Crededentials...

Everybody in the INdustry comes to Saratoga...and with thier connections they have always gotten in for free... that party is over.

This actually is better Long Term for the New York Horseman. It means when you walk up to the Owners/Horseman window with credentials it will mean you actually are a Horseman with a Horse on the grounds and are contributing to the show... some shit bum trainer from Santa Anita should'nt fly back here and get in for Free because he races 25MD claimers at Santa Anita 32 times a year
Old 12-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Cool how can I like both of you!!

How in the hell can I like both of you guys so much...? Considering the differences you guys have. Now get a room and get it over with. How about somewhere around Syracuse? That should be about the half way point.........I have a feeling that you guys would get along in the real world.........
Old 12-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #8
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Long lines at racetrack horsemen's gates? I usually drive through the stable gate or just waltz past the lines when the security guys wave and drop the chain beside the turnstile lanes.

BTW, you are advised to sneak quietly onto the backside considering your attitude towards "shit bum trainers from Santa Anita."

Last edited by VetScratch; 12-28-2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #9
Milleruszk

Smile Saratoga seating

I used to scramble for club house seats when I went to Saratoga. Now, I just bring my own lawn chair and set up shop by the paddock, in the shade of a good tree, in front of one of the giant tv monitors. I don't have to run down to the paddock before every race. The horses come to me. The shoe board is right there. Since I don't bring binocculars to the track, I have always felt that watching the race on one of the monitors was best so I don't feel that I am missing anything by not sitting where I can see the race "live".
Dreaming of Saratoga on cold winter's morning!

Tom
Milleruszk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 02:16 PM   #10
Bubbles
Frontrunner

Re: how can I like both of you!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JustRalph
Now get a room and get it over with. How about somewhere around Syracuse? That should be about the half way point.........
I agree. I have one favor. If you should agree to these terms, schedule the meeting for the first weekend in May, when I'll be up. Wouldn't miss these fireworks for the world...
Old 12-28-2003, 02:41 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah Vet, this is old news...nobody cared about it much to make a big deal about it....Saratoga's always a tough ticket to get unless you buy way in advance, so NYRA has every right to do whatever they want with prices and whatnot....

If people agree that NYRA is screwing them over here, then NOBODY WILL BUY, and NYRA will have to change their policy again....nobody is forcing anyone to agree to the new terms....

It's the free market in action baby.......YEAH!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 04:45 PM   #12
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

PA,

Old news? The story was datelined yesterday, including a quote that called NYRA a bunch of crooks. Your reading skills are as bad as Suff's. If you kept up with the news, you would know that NYRA omitted the admission scam and price increases from its earlier letters to regular season seatholders.

BTW, horsemen who don't buy advanced-reserved seats will still get in free. Trainers routinely arrange ad hoc seating for owners. You would actually see a lot more no-shows if these seats were not given away like wait-listed seats on airplanes.

Last edited by VetScratch; 12-28-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:16 PM   #13
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Charging admission to folks who who don't show up is a typical nickel-dime chisel when NYRA has serious problems to confront.

History shows that NYRA will tighten every belt but its own, and will fight like a cornered weasel to protect the sacred cows:
(1) Consulting arrnagements.
(2) Legal retainers.
(3) Golden parachutes.
(4) Management salaries and benefits.
(5) Expense accounts.
(6) Perks to political friends of NYRA.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You are an idiot. Ask the folks who work at NYRA if the belt hasn't been tightened, and tightened for a LONG TIME now (way before YOU heard any news of trouble)....

Totally misinformed about reality, AS USUAL.

You are so FAR REMOVED from the scene here in NY (both geographically, as well as as every OTHER way).

However, your "bigger than NY CITY" ego not only furnishes you with the need, but the sense of RIGHTEOUSNESS to comment with COMPLETE AUTHORITY.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-28-2003 at 08:56 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 09:31 PM   #15
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

PA,
Quote:
You are an idiot. Ask the folks who work at NYRA if the belt hasn't been tightened, and tightened for a LONG TIME now (way before YOU heard any news of trouble)....
Your opinion should be stated... but belt-tightening? Most folks measure belt-tightening at the bottom line.

2001: handle up... lost $12-million
2002: handle up... lost $22-million

Did the belt-size shrink or the belly bloat?

Where are the funds that are supposed to be in the horsemen's accounts... embedded in the belt-tightening?