Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-05-2024, 05:43 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Speaking of Michael Byrd, it's about damn time...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ashli-b...death-lawsuit/

Have to wonder why this took so long.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:58 PM   #2
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ashli-b...death-lawsuit/

Have to wonder why this took so long.
=Babbitt’s family has zero chance of collecting a single cent.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:01 PM   #3
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I will bet a dollar against your $100 that they do get something. It is a heck of an overlay for YOU.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2024, 11:36 PM   #4
ElKabong

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. This won't be heard in a DC court. It'll be in so cal. The evidence is there for a judgment but I'd bet Byrd is not worth a whole lot, and I'm not sure the judgment could access Byrd's pension . But if they can litigate his murdering ass in the dirt, go for it. Works both ways

He shot and killed an unarmed woman. There's no getting around that much
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2024, 11:43 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
one day you're gonna realize just how small of a man you are...

This isn't a criminal trial...and they have an excellent case for a civil suit.

The video evidence alone clearly shows it wasn't a good shoot. Any number of police department officials across the country will tell you that with just one viewing.

As long as they have competent lawyers (unlike Trump), they can easily win this lawsuit. Easily.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:46 PM   #6
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
one day you're gonna realize just how small of a man you are...

This isn't a criminal trial...and they have an excellent case for a civil suit.

The video evidence alone clearly shows it wasn't a good shoot. Any number of police department officials across the country will tell you that with just one viewing.

As long as they have competent lawyers (unlike Trump), they can easily win this lawsuit. Easily.
I hope you're right but I'd be interested in WHO they hired. No doubt it's on contingency (if that's allowed in CA and I'd be surprised if it's not). Problem is, is Byrd worth anything? If not, the chance of hiring a top lawyer is going to be tough
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 03-06-2024, 12:31 AM   #7
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I hope you're right but I'd be interested in WHO they hired. No doubt it's on contingency (if that's allowed in CA and I'd be surprised if it's not). Problem is, is Byrd worth anything? If not, the chance of hiring a top lawyer is going to be tough
The government is worth something, is it not?

Quote:
The family of a 35-year-old California woman who was fatally shot by a Capitol Police officer during the Jan. 6 insurrection has filed a $30 million wrongful death lawsuit against the U.S. government.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 03:51 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Awesome! I hope this also re-energizes the psychos that hate his guts. I am sure the harassment and death threats have died down. I hope he has to look over his shoulder every day of his life, until he dies. If he manned up and admitted he was a scared coward and screwed up, I could accept that, but he did not, and had the nerve to brand himself a hero. I wish him nothing but the worst. Just think if he switched colors with Ashley. He is a disgrace to the badge. To show how pathetic the Capitol Police are he was promoted.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 08:32 AM   #9
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
My apologies. Didn't catch that. Questionable that can fly but I'll be as interested as anyone to see how it goes

I wish they'd go after Byrd instead. Far less resources on the defendant side, and peering into his finances after his "heroic" act of killing an unarmed woman would be interesting
Old 03-06-2024, 08:56 AM   #10
davew

They should be able to sue Byrd's employer as well. I thought I saw this a couple months ago ->

https://www.judicialwatch.org/wrongf...wsuit-babbitt/
Old 03-06-2024, 09:09 AM   #11
jimmyb

Quote:
Unarmed woman shot and killed by police after Biden preached shooting suspects in the leg for less lethal results. Part of his campaign rhetoric.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 11:16 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Yes, it's worth every penny WE have!
Old 03-06-2024, 11:52 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Lt Byrd, now Captain Byrd got $164,211 from a GoFundMe he started to supposedly hire security because of threats. Democrat politicians even donated. From McLean Times:

J6 commission member U.S. Rep. Adam Kinzinger donated to Byrd's GoFundMe page and bragged about the donation on social media.

If people are not aware Googling for a job salary yields 100's of results with no two that agree. I went to the Capitol Police website, boy are their sorry asses paid way more than they are worth with insane benefits.

Staring pay $77,441 that is a 40 hour week. Capped at $200k looks like lots of OT available. New hires get 13 paid sick, and 13 paid vacation days a year.
That is over double what is common in the private sector if even offered.

Considering that I would expect a captain like POS Byrd to make $150k a year or so with no OT.

I am sure their is a POS racist black lawyer who hates white people like Ben Crump who would defend Byrd pro bono, or he could do a GoFundMe for legal expenses.

Captain Byrd is living proof that the rampant violent white supremacist problem the left sells is just more of the misinformation and lies they spread. He still walks upright and among the living.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:06 PM   #14
davew

the lawsuit is against the government, not sure Byrd would need a lawyer, but probably more gofundme money so he can hide out in some resort.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:38 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
the lawsuit is against the government, not sure Byrd would need a lawyer, but probably more gofundme money so he can hide out in some resort.

I know, I was just responding to someone saying Byrd would be an easy target for a personal lawsuit. I disagree due to how biased the modern progressive liberal is, they constantly take sides based on race. It looks like in California a civil jury consists of 12 people and it appears while hard to dig up 5/6 are needed for a conviction and award. That would be 10 of course.
Numbers on the percentage of people who identify as progressives are all over the place, I am willing to bet it would be somewhere between 2-3 out of 12.

One of the politicians that donated to Byrd said that he was a victim of misinformation. You have to love the extent Democrats tell you not to believe your lying eyes. Ashli Babbitt's cold blooded murder is on clear video and it also exposes all the lying that POS Byrd did. He was hiding off to the side and popped out and fired a shot without any warning, He also shot Ashli with police right behind her, he could have easily killed a fellow officer. He is a pathetic POS excuse for a man.