Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #31
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Did you say Fast and Accurate? Please enlighten me, what am I missing? I thought he was the easiest toss this century... Artificial surface horse with super slow final fractions and a crappy pedigree.
I'm not going to bet him given he crawled home in the Spiral but do consider he is from the same female family as Golden Soul. He's got 20 dosage points including two solid and a DI of 1.86. If I didn't see Hansen as the sire I'd be thinking this one would have no trouble going long. There are certainly worse bombers out there.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #32
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I'm not going to bet him given he crawled home in the Spiral but do consider he is from the same female family as Golden Soul. He's got 20 dosage points including two solid and a DI of 1.86. If I didn't see Hansen as the sire I'd be thinking this one would have no trouble going long. There are certainly worse bombers out there.
Hansen being the sire is what has me worried about him getting the distance as well.
dballard125 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 01:46 AM   #33
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
Careful.

I have a really big net.

Either way, Mubtahiij wasn't a stiff, and Lani was more than credible last year with a 9th in the Derby, 5th in the Preakness, and a 3rd in the Belmont running all 3 legs.

You really want to toss the supposed best entry of these 3 from across the pond amid what may well be the "lessest" bunch the last 3 years on our side of the pond?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #34
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Careful.

I have a really big net.

Either way, Mubtahiij wasn't a stiff, and Lani was more than credible last year with a 9th in the Derby, 5th in the Preakness, and a 3rd in the Belmont running all 3 legs.

You really want to toss the supposed best entry of these 3 from across the pond amid what may well be the "lessest" bunch the last 3 years on our side of the pond?
no. i don't want you or anyone else to toss the uae horse. i encourage everyone on this board to bet the uae horse with all their $$$ hand over fist. play heavily in the exotics as well.

plz people,.....play this horse in the derby and you will win so much $$$ you won't be able to fold your wallet. these horses are proven commodities and always run well here.

in before the first person to say "i find him intriguing" without saying why they do. it's become an annual ritual on the internetz.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-16-2017 at 11:35 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 01:47 AM   #35
boys at tosconova

good horses are going to be on the front and/or very close to the lead in this derby.

AD/Irish war cry/classic emp.....that's a tough threesome. and all three will be well bet and should be in great position, regardless if you like them or not.

then you have state of honor/battle of midway and battalion runner...it doesn't look like the first 2 need the lead as well. so their tactical speed could serve them well if they're good enough.

irap can be up close as well, maybe even girvin.

it's going to be very interesting who's right behind these. there seems to be several closers that could hit the board
Old 04-17-2017, 12:03 PM   #36
MonmouthParkJoe

First time in a long time I have no strong opinion on any horse in here. Might be a case of just watching the race and putting in some small bets for the hell of it. Or just avoid the chaos and use alot of them in a horizontal bet. Most likely that is my plan.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #37
boys at tosconova

AD
Irish war cry
classic emp
state honor
midway
irap
malgacy
fast and accurate

barring post or a change in strategy all these horses figure to utilize some form of tactical speed. basically 1/3 of the field. and this isn;t taking into account some kind of unusual strategy of horse that you ddnt expect to be there, which there might be.

i don't give malagacy and fast and accurate much chance. but what i don't know is who will comprise the 2nd group of 6/7 horses right behind these. and if you can figure it out it could reward you immensely. these next few horses might have some serious talent enought to even win the race. and from looking at the charts. post 15 seems to be the cutoff.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 04-17-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #38
Bennie

I think Battalion Runner and Conquest, if he runs, will also be in the top half of the field through the early stages. Second tier looks to include Girvin, Practical Joke, J Boys Echo, Tapwrit and Patch.
I can see Classic, Irish, and State hanging around from the early runners and Girvin, Practical and Patch from the second tier. McCraken and Hence closing from the rear.
Bennie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #39
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
I think Battalion Runner and Conquest, if he runs, will also be in the top half of the field through the early stages. Second tier looks to include Girvin, Practical Joke, J Boys Echo, Tapwrit and Patch.
I can see Classic, Irish, and State hanging around from the early runners and Girvin, Practical and Patch from the second tier. McCraken and Hence closing from the rear.
i forgot about bat run as i complied the 2nd list. and obv if con quest mo runs he'll be moving to the front, but i don't think he'll run.

as for the 2nd grouping girvin is a decent/maybe place to start providing a decent post. it gets dicey after that imo, as many could utilize some speed as shown in lessor comp or maiden races.

it doesn't seem like gunnevera will be one of them. i have to say as impressive as the horse has been he's very close to not being used at all from me just because of running style and him being 18/19/20 for most of the race
Old 04-17-2017, 08:17 PM   #40
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
i forgot about bat run as i complied the 2nd list. and obv if con quest mo runs he'll be moving to the front, but i don't think he'll run.
According to Bloodhorse CMM's owners will make their decision tomorrow.

BTW, Bris ended up giving him a 95, and a 96 for CE.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #41
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
According to Bloodhorse CMM's owners will make their decision tomorrow.

BTW, Bris ended up giving him a 95, and a 96 for CE.
the owners are pretty obv racing poor. there's no other reason why not to when they had a chance to nominate for 6k a couple of weeks ago and they neglected not to do so.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 PM   #42
horses4courses

Race falls apart?

If it does, look no further than Gormley

Not the most gifted horse in the field,
but likely to benefit from a quick pace.

Jim Morrison summed it up accurately:
Quote:
The west is the best
, baby.......
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #43
Vinnie

I believe that Hence possesses the flexibility or tractability in his running style to be a little closer to the pace or at least mid pack to launch his move late to put himself into contention. Hopefully he will be training well up until the race.

I love this one at the present time.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #44
Mulerider

Conquest Mo Money aiming for Preakness

Connections have decided to skip the KD, aim for Preakness.

http://www.elpasoproud.com/news/loca...ment/693696084
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #45
Bennie

that should move up Untrapped and Lookin at Lee as Cloud computing is supposed to pass also.
Bennie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply