Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Laura de Seroux Lets Words Fly...then goes OOOPS!!

Here are her two most recent posts from Thoroughbredtimes.com message board:

Quote:
12/24/2003
FYI,
Tendons do not heal in two months, they need six months to a year. We knew Azeri's scan would look good by now - because we STOPPED as soon as we felt some heat and the beginning of a profile. That does not mean a clean bill of health to return to the level she was at. That's why top horses are retired with this sort of injury and cheaper horses are brought back with the leeway of perfoming at a lesser level. The economics determine these decisions.
The reason fans on this forum are reacting negatively is that they understand and know that this is the wrong thing to do. I only hope Lucas will 'listen' to her when she tries to tell him she feels it coming on again as she so clearly told me by her reluctance. I'm sure everyone saw that on TVG - that wasn't a 'bad hair day'. In the past when I was an exercise rider, we would see Lucas take these kind of balkers out very early in the dark so no one would see him with his bull whip ! and that's the truth.
Laura de Seroux
When she realized she had said a bit too much (and maybe said something that WASN'T TRUE), this came out:

Quote:
12/28/2003
I would like to apologize to all Forum members for my comments about Lukas and I would like to clarify what I meant. My comment was a knee-jerk reaction to criticism and I only meant that if anything goes wrong with Azeri I hope Lukas will listen to her, as I did.
Lukas never used a bull whip on his horses and I never witnessed any whipping sessions.
Lots of trainers take out high profile horses in the dark that might not be moving great in order to avoid scrutiny and that's more what I was referring to.
I know Wayne will treat Azeri like a queen and I wish him the best of luck with the remainder of the Paulson horses that he received.
Laura de Seroux

First she says Lukas went out with a bull whip "and that's the truth"....then she says she never saw this!!! Way to boost the ol' credibility level there Laura. I hope she has something else to fall back on, because she isn't doing herself any favors in front of perspective new clients with talk like this. Let it go already Laura, let it go.....

At least she spelled D.Wayne's last name correctly in her most recent post.....let this be a lesson to all posters out there! LOL

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-28-2003 at 09:43 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
Fastracehorse

Great articles PA.

Fun stuff.

fffastt
Fastracehorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 10:51 PM   #3
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Laura's comments surprised me. D. Wayne has a reputation for being stern when his help makes a dumb mistake that injures a horse, but I agree with him... he also pays on merit more than most others, which has always irritated other trainers who lost their best grooms and excercise riders to Lukas.

Beginning with my first impression, I always liked the way Lukas' help looked spiffy on the track and in the shedrow... he fostered a lot of esprit de corps and self-esteem with his methods.

As for spelling, I can understand that... Lucas is much more common than Lukas... everyone with a fleet of English classic automobiles sees Lucas on their instrument panels.
VetScratch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 11:06 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Talking Spelling

That is embarressing...spelling Dwayne Lukas's name wrong on a public forum!
Old 12-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #5
JimG

Re: Spelling

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Tom,

At least you always get Mark Crammer spelled correctly.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2003, 11:34 PM   #6
Handle

And we know that this was in fact the real Laura DeSeroux making these statements because....?
Handle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 12:17 AM   #7
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

Handle,
Quote:
And we know that this was in fact the real Laura DeSeroux making these statements because....?
Gee, I guess we don't know... so I will have to be the voice of authority, as usual.

The bull whip story dates back to Winning Colors. Lukas would frequently take a short bull whip into Winning Colors' stall, there would be an unholy commotion, then Lukas would emerge with welts all over his body. What's so controversial about a kinky relationship between a trainer and a horse?
Old 12-29-2003, 12:26 AM   #8
David McKenzie

Quote:
Originally posted by VetScratch
...As for spelling, I can understand that... Lucas is much more common than Lukas... everyone with a fleet of English classic automobiles sees Lucas on their instrument panels.
Q: What's a euphemism for Lucas electrical systems in vintage British motor cars?

A: "We strongly suggest you avoid driving us through any puddle deeper than your great uncle Nigel's spats."

:>)
David McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 12:58 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Handle,

She has been posting on the Thoroughbredtimes.com message board off and on for many months now. I doubt the powers that be at that most prominent website (not to mention their weekly publication that is an industry staple) would let a poster continue to post under that name if indeed it was not her.

In fact, I believe they ran a story or two BASED on what she had said on the message board....

I would have to think there is no doubt that it is her....I'm sure they contacted her personally to confirm that all the posts made by her starting months ago were her. I can't imagine they wouldn't have her phone number....LOL

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-29-2003 at 12:59 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 09:50 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Question OK, I'm ignorant....

...but who is this Laura and why do we care what she says?
Old 12-29-2003, 09:55 AM   #11
JimG

Re: OK, I'm ignorant....

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
...but who is this Laura and why do we care what she says?
She is the former trainer of Azeri.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #12
stgeorge

Quote:
Originally posted by Handle
The Thoroughbred Times ran an article this weekend about the Azeri return. It included this line, "De Seroux denounced returning Azeri to the track on the THOROUGHBRED TIMES forum on Wednesday."
stgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 12:59 PM   #13
VetScratch
EffetePrivilegedTrackRat

The cards are stacked against Lukas making Azeri's career with Laura look bad. Trainers know that by the time you stop on the first really serious setback, other chinks and holes have already started to form. Horses react to discomfort, try to compensate, then one bad thing leads to others. It would be nice to see Lukas do well, however, because he really isn't a fashionable version of Charles Manson!
Old 12-29-2003, 06:07 PM   #14
Suff
Beat up 💪

Re: Laura de Seroux Lets Words Fly...then goes OOOPS!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
[B]

I told you in another thread this Gal was touched... I think I am out of my mind 1/2 the time when I spew my thoughts alll over this silly Board...

whats in God's name is Laura De sourx doing? she's been having a running arguement on that Board for 9 months now.. wtf?

She was Training the TOP Filly in the Country by Day.. then defending her actions at Night on that Board...

If I was training Azeri.. I would'nt explain anything I did to anyone? why?

I don't know.. My jade-o-meter went off when I read her stuff...

she's a ? something.. ? I'm not sure what.. but she aint right.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2003, 06:53 PM   #15
Suff
Beat up 💪

Re: Spelling

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Tom...

Just for The record..

John F Kennedy read over 1300 words a minute. Attended The London School of Economics, Harvard, Princeton and Stanford Universities.

He was a Notorious bad speller,,and his Penmanship was unreadable. His written Grammar was not much better... He was Forced to TYPE every single piece of work or personal correspondence and continued to do so...even when he was the 35th President of the US of A.

This is how I console myself when I re-read some of my stuff.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply