Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #31
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Basically a precocious 2YO that now has to face an expanded number of good competitors. If her style going forward is to make one run, they should get her on the turf.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
Basically a precocious 2YO that now has to face an expanded number of good competitors. If her style going forward is to make one run, they should get her on the turf.
put her on the turf after a 60 day or 90 day layoff...........

just me thinkin out loud
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #33
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asH
you see!

thats not even the issue..firstly the dynamics of a 2year old campaign is very different than the 3year old campagne, so who they beat is less important than how they won. SB won as if she wanted to go long. BTW,thats where you get the idea that horses cant make the jump, and in most cases its true, but then there's that special one who can. As races become more competitive the closer to the front, relative to pace, one should be.
It absolutely is the issue. Because you want to blame something and the jock is always the easiest. It's a lot more difficult to admit that maybe a horse isn't as good as you may think. Face it, Stardom Bound isn't one of those special ones. I'm asking simple questions. You can't answer them because the truth conflicts with your excuse.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #34
asH

Quote:
Originally Posted by toetoe
Over/under for future wins by Stardom Bound: 1/2 (one half). I'll take the under if I get even money.

Don't forget --- as losses pile up the connections will be inclined to notice sudden injuries, likely leading to retirement.
does she have enough black type to merit a good fee, fillies only work once a year.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #35
asH

typical

i expected as much
have a good day
Old 04-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #36
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
If they suddenly notice 'injuries' so they can retire her...they'd better hurry...another month and it'll be too late for her to keep her future 'date' with Big Brown for this breeding season...they sure don't want her to have a late foal, especially the first one out of her

I dont quite get why people keep referring to her future "date" with Big Brown...is that in some agreement somewhere with Three Chimneys? I may be missing something here because I thought they sold all the breeding rights away....maybe people are just speculating she will paired with him?
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #37
Dahoss9698
Veteran

She's not as good as you think. It's okay.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #38
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by asH
well we never had a chance to see what she may be able to do because of the rider, and at this stage she's playing catch up..what jocks are supposed to do is to place horses in the best possible position to succeed, Mike obviously couldnt do that...sorry your emotions are involved or you may have learned something or two.

From reading your posts, it seems like your emotions might be involved on this because you seem to be bringing a negative opinion of Mike Smith into your analysis of the situation. I have watched her previous races many times and cant see too much wrong with his rides, other than the next to last one, where he went way wide....I would point to her trainer situation as more of a likely culprit. Maybe she didnt like Frankel's program and Paasch go more out of her? Also, I believe her previous owner knew he was selling most of his horses well in advance of selling her and he and Paasch emptied a lot of gas out of her tank, knowing she would be sold.....

There could be tons of reasons, but it doesnt seem like Mike Smith is one of them...
Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #39
asH

no emotions at all - I analize everything including jockey tendencies,,for you it may seem such only because you dont do it, as a matter of probable fact most folk here dont come close to my analysis (right or wrong). That's why I always get 'this' from some here. Par for the course, I know this...

check out Mikes after race interview, talking kinda fast as he blamed the horse. See what happens
Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asH
as a matter of probable fact most folk here dont come close to my analysis (right or wrong). That's why I always get 'this' from some here. Par for the course, I know this...
Oh boy...The right or wrong part is money.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #41
NTamm1215

You knew the excuse machine would be in full force after Stardom Bound was eventually exposed, but I figured they'd be better than blaming Mike Smith when he rode a perfectly fine race. That's pretty weak.

NT
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #42
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by asH
no emotions at all - I analize everything including jockey tendencies,,for you it may seem such only because you dont do it, as a matter of probable fact most folk here dont come close to my analysis (right or wrong). That's why I always get 'this' from some here. Par for the course, I know this...

check out Mikes after race interview, talking kinda fast as he blamed the horse. See what happens

I watched it....I thought he was fine and just said that she didnt have her "A Game", which I think was the case....he could have just as easily been blaming the trainer but I dont think there was any blame given by him....

As far as your lack of emotion, your posts indicate otherwise---you said Mike is a passenger and always will be.....seems like you dont like him in general and your analysis of Stardom Bound based on his rides seems slanted from the get go because you dont care for him going in....also, Smith was talking fast cause he was out of breath....
Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #43
asH

thats exactly how people analyze, they take a second out of a day and swear on a stack they know...I said all of this about Mike and SB last year. when he had a go in NY I really had a chance to see him.

you guys are really good, but you need to pay a little more attention to things

Last edited by asH; 04-05-2009 at 07:54 PM.
asH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #44
Marshall Bennett

I've never seen Mike Smith push a horse to the limit . Thats why he'll never be more than ... Mike Smith . That's not to say he doesn't have the talent , I truely beleive he's afraid to use it . He's not the same jockey he was 20 years ago .

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 04-05-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #45
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
I've never seen Mike Smith push a horse to the limit . Thats why he'll never be more than ... Mike Smith . That's not to say he doesn't have the talent , I truely beleive he's afraid to use it . He's not the same jockey he was 20 years ago .
Who is the same as they were 20 years ago? He's in the twilight of his career. I have no idea what your first sentence means but he's ridden some real good horses in his career. To blame Stardom Bound's performance the last two times on him is just being lazy.