Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Have you ever used a racial, sexual or ethnic epithet?
Yes 32 84.21%
No 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. This poll is closed

Old 06-05-2020, 11:56 PM   #16
Special Butter
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Middlesex county, my home, whites are not the majority. I’ve told close black friends & neighbors...you want to own the N WORD? Really?
That’s the hill you want to die on? When I can slice you to pieces with it, you don’t own it, I do.

I am Black and this crazy White woman near me on the bus cussed me out and called me a Nig MULTIPLE times(She did this because I looked back at her a couple of times because she was randomly screaming like a lunatic and I was checking to see if she had her mask on since this is Coronavirus Season and lucky she did have on a mask)the bus driver didn't kick her off the bus! WHAT!!!!!!
Special Butter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 12:01 AM   #17
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I agree with this. I just think its universal among different races. Not saying that makes it acceptable, just saying its the reality. I dont know how as a groups of historically different people you overcome it.

I married a black girl, this her. Pretty hot. I also spent time in many majority black Neighborhoods, I also did time & not for a weekend or a summer. 1 of 2 white guys on a 180 man block. If anyone wants to know how to make book when people bet honey buns, cigarettes or headphones, just ask me. Because I did it in a very uncivilized world.

Last edited by Suff; 06-06-2020 at 12:06 AM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 12:24 AM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
I tell people, I don’t need a Pew Research Survey, I’m around white people when there’s no Black people around. Then you know how deep it runs.
Where I am it doesn't run deep, doesn't run at all. No one I know uses racial slurs, I haven't made one since the 60s when I was in grade school and didn't know better.

Things changed drastically here in DFW decades ago, maybe racists keep their thinking to themselves and they know who will be receptive to that stuff. The last time I heard a racial slur or slang in person was in 2004, the dude was in his 80s, maybe 90s.

We're spending a whole lot of time in east Tx lately, things are very different there. Lot of good folks, but there's a vibe that reminds me a lot of south Louisiana/ Lafayette I saw after dark there. Black folkss have more of an attitude towards whites than what I'm used to, yet you have a very cool interaction of blacks and whites on a scale you won't see in DFW. More mixing. Yet some real tension amongst others
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-06-2020 at 12:26 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 AM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Where I am it doesn't run deep, doesn't run at all. No one I know uses racial slurs, I haven't made one since the 60s when I was in grade school and didn't know better.

Things changed drastically here in DFW decades ago, maybe racists keep their thinking to themselves and they know who will be receptive to that stuff. The last time I heard a racial slur or slang in person was in 2004, the dude was in his 80s, maybe 90s.

We're spending a whole lot of time in east Tx lately, things are very different there. Lot of good folks, but there's a vibe that reminds me a lot of south Louisiana/ Lafayette I saw after dark there. Black folkss have more of an attitude towards whites than what I'm used to, yet you have a very cool interaction of blacks and whites on a scale you won't see in DFW. More mixing. Yet some real tension amongst others
I’d say that’s fairly true in my more recent experience.

I think a lot of black people have integrated enough where we all realize its better.

Two weeks ago, big family of dark skinned Haitians took over the hotel pool & one of my pool chums leaned into me and said “whats with all the shines?”

Its out there.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:51 AM   #20
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
I put political correctness and the dumbing down of our free school system in the same kayak. These are both mind controlling techniques.
Yea agree, and also agree its the toxic currency of the Democrats mostly.

I was on the Trump train.

A job solves 95% of life's problems. You give people economic freedom, they’ll figure out the rest.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:07 AM   #21
incoming

Quote:
Yea agree, and also agree its the toxic currency of the Democrats mostly.

I was on the Trump train.

A job solves 95% of life's problems. You give people economic freedom, they’ll figure out the rest.
CARRY ON!!! CARRY ON!!!
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 02:27 AM   #22
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
CARRY ON!!! CARRY ON!!!
Not suggesting anyone read it, but I would recommend skimming the liberal philosopher John Stuart Mills. He wrote a book in 1859 entitled “On Liberty”.

The book shaped many US Presidents in the 19th century. Its not a college thesis of gobbly gook. I’d describe myself a liberal using his interpretations of what Liberty is. Particularly in western society.

180 years ago, he addressed fake news & idea suppression.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I married a black girl, this her. Pretty hot. I also spent time in many majority black Neighborhoods, I also did time & not for a weekend or a summer. 1 of 2 white guys on a 180 man block. If anyone wants to know how to make book when people bet honey buns, cigarettes or headphones, just ask me. Because I did it in a very uncivilized world.

Wait...you got MARRIED?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-06-2020, 04:20 AM   #24
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait...you got MARRIED?!?!?!?!?
Yes. 4 years ago. However we haven’t lived together for the last 18 months because supposedly I’m selfish.

Now I know CJ can keep a secret because last I spoke with him, I told him about it.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:36 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You should definitely be less selfish then...
Old 06-06-2020, 04:56 AM   #26
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You should definitely be less selfish then...
Its complicated.

I had to throw up the white flag. The surrender one, not the race one.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:15 AM   #27
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

We're spending a whole lot of time in east Tx lately, things are very different there. Lot of good folks, but there's a vibe that reminds me a lot of south Louisiana/ Lafayette I saw after dark there. Black folkss have more of an attitude towards whites than what I'm used to, yet you have a very cool interaction of blacks and whites on a scale you won't see in DFW. More mixing. Yet some real tension among others
Yea that is not my experience, its very much individual though rather than group.

We got this one guy, irish rugby player who just universally makes everything a race or homophobic joke. Good guy, great guy, and loves to give it and take the brunt of jokes but thats his personality. I dont partake but for the odd comment here or there. If you tell him to cool it you get a **** off.

I also been around my nephews who are half black and let me tell you they can let if fly. They have grown up in the "woke" generation as well. These are all good people, the demonization that is happening I think is a little hypocritical.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 04:12 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Not until I started singing along with rap music
Old 06-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #29
delayjf

Quote:
I married a black girl
Dude, you definitely out kicked your coverage.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #30
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Dude, you definitely out kicked your coverage.

I aim high. She's 2 inches taller.

I'm hooking up with them Tuesday. She has a son who's my best friend. He's the nicest human being I've ever come across.

I took him to Gulfstream with me often. Him and I enjoy giving mints to the ponies.

I taught him how to wear the Saratoga Hat properly.

We snuck into the Pegasus Statue together one day. A hilarious day because we actually jumped the fence to get in. I teach kids the important things.