Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-25-2019, 01:50 AM   #121
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Amash's point, which has been made by a number of people already, is that the indictment process carried out by Grand Juries parallels the impeachment process that the House is engaging in and can be used to explain why the increasingly common complaint that the House investigation has to be done in the open - so that the accused can confront their accusers - is invalid.

The presentation of evidence and witnesses before a Grand Jury is all done in secret and followed by a vote to indict or not. If the Grand Jury indicts, then an open trial takes place in the courts where the accused has the opportunity to confront their accusers in an open forum. Since this is so, an accused person has no valid complaint that it is unfair for the Grand Jury to conduct their deliberations in secret. The opportunity for open confrontation will come later, in the trial in the courts.

In parallel, the presentation of evidence and witnesses before House Committees is all done in secret and followed by a vote by the entire House to impeach or not. If the House impeaches, then an open trial takes place in the Senate where the accused US President has the opportunity to confront their accusers in an open forum. Since this is so, then for the same reason that an accused person has no valid complaint that it is unfair for the Grand Jury to conduct their deliberations in secret, an accused US President has no valid complaint that it is unfair for the House committees to conduct their deliberations in secret. The opportunity for open confrontation will come later, in the trial in the Senate.

In what way is this parallel misleading or erroneous?
I appreciate your thoughtful explanation of the impeachment process, and I do understand your point about the rights of the accused; however, there is no rule or law requiring an impeachment 'inquiry' be done secretly. The main complaint is that the lack of transparency has been going on too long for everyone concerned. This is not a normal procedure for an inquiry that has not been voted on. In other words, there is no grand jury in place that requires secrecy. The Demos have made there own rules most likely to avoid embarrassing political theater (as with Corey Lewandowski) and to control selective leaks. Frustration is building...the secrecy can't and shouldn't go on indefinitely.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 02:01 AM   #122
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Rep Al Green caused a vote to impeach Trump in 2017 and 2018, so it has been taken twice.
Al Green must be clairvoyant...he sees all the way to 2020.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 02:23 AM   #123
TJDave

Oddest thing but every time I hear the name Al Green I think of a pot of scalding hot grits.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:56 AM   #124
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Oddest thing but every time I hear the name Al Green I think of a pot of scalding hot grits.
I Dare You.....to drag one of the oldest southern traditions of 'Grits' into a discussion of democrat politics. The moral compass of the Democrat Party and one of the oldest southern traditions of grits just don't mix. I demand an apology! New Democrat Party.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #125
clerk of scale

Impeachment Inquiry

I have my AK47 and AR15 ready. Others have told me that if President Trump gets impeached there just might be a civil war!
clerk of scale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #126
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
I Dare You.....to drag one of the oldest southern traditions of 'Grits' into a discussion of democrat politics. The moral compass of the Democrat Party and one of the oldest southern traditions of grits just don't mix. I demand an apology! New Democrat Party.
How long does it take you to make your grits?

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 10-25-2019 at 07:44 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #127
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Dems will never let it happen. They will look like idiots

You wouldnt care to place a rather large wager on that.

The dems are in the process of determining the public hearings logistics once the closed door depositions have presented the facts.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #128
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
The Demos have made there own rules most likely to avoid embarrassing political theater (as with Corey Lewandowski) and to control selective leaks. Frustration is building...the secrecy can't and shouldn't go on indefinitely.

House Impeachment rules were put in place by John Boehner in 2015..

dems are following the rules as set out by the former speaker of the house.

Allan
Old 10-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #129
woodtoo

How's the old shampeachment going?
Shiffface still hiding in a basement room digging and spreading lies?
Where is the whistleblower? Asking for a friend.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #130
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
You wouldnt care to place a rather large wager on that.

The dems are in the process of determining the public hearings logistics once the closed door depositions have presented the facts.

Allan
It is obvious you don't use history for your political analysis. Democrats never solve problems.....they just politicize problems that divide the country.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #131
Wabash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I appreciate your thoughtful explanation of the impeachment process, and I do understand your point about the rights of the accused; however, there is no rule or law requiring an impeachment 'inquiry' be done secretly. The main complaint is that the lack of transparency has been going on too long for everyone concerned. This is not a normal procedure for an inquiry that has not been voted on. In other words, there is no grand jury in place that requires secrecy. The Demos have made there own rules most likely to avoid embarrassing political theater (as with Corey Lewandowski) and to control selective leaks. Frustration is building...the secrecy can't and shouldn't go on indefinitely.
What’s being done secretly? From what I understand, any Republican that’s on a committee is allowed in. I believe there are 47 Republicans on the committees conducting these investigations. Can’t those 47 Reps tell there fellow Republicans what is happening? I would understand your frustration(I would think it is wrong also) if they didn’t allow Republicans in at all but that’s not the case.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #132
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
It is obvious you don't use history for your political analysis. Democrats never solve problems.....they just politicize problems that divide the country.

LOL. LBJ (and a dem congress) instituted Medicare and FDR instituted social security.

Yours is just an old, tired CEC talking point that is not true.

Allan
Old 10-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #133
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
What’s being done secretly? From what I understand, any Republican that’s on a committee is allowed in. I believe there are 47 Republicans on the committees conducting these investigations. Can’t those 47 Reps tell there fellow Republicans what is happening? I would understand your frustration(I would think it is wrong also) if they didn’t allow Republicans in at all but that’s not the case.
Why would any congressperson not be allowed into any congressional hearing that they wanted to attend, especially any meeting trying to impeach the President. Trust your instincts.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 AM   #134
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Rep Al Green caused a vote to impeach Trump in 2017 and 2018, so it has been taken twice.
And voted down twice.
That is partly why this is a faux inquiry - witch hunt.
They had the Mueller report, they had hearings, the had two votes, and all they came away with hcap losing his mind.

When you can't win, cheat.
The dems are a total joke.

BUT, the new inquiries are now criminal investigations,, so dems may have to stop the side show and start looking for lawyers.

No matter what Canada thinks.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #135
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
They can tell anyone anything they want to, but the public is barred from actually seeing the proceedings. And the repubs are not allowed to have transcripts, nor view transcripts without a dem present. The process of trying to remove an elect official, and Al, he was elected by the rule of law, where popular vote doesn't count, is pretty significant and unlike ANY other proceedings. It is the most severe proceeding the government can ever do.

And dems want to keep it secret and leak only info that benefit them.

Banana Republic of America.

Dems are a disgrace and insult to freedom.
I support them holding hearing if they think they have anything, but do it in the light of day and in front of the voters, so we can all see what F*** roache you all are.

You know what would look good in the Capital Building - flames.