Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
pandy

Wiggle It

Really nice first over win by WiggleIt Jiggleit tonight. In the Meadowlands Pace, neither Tetrick or Zeron went to the lead and handed the race to Wiggle, but this time Artspeak blasted and Wakisashi blasted and they made Wiggle work and he came up big.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
zico20

Very impressed with his win tonight. Came from behind and parked out down the back stretch. Pocono is the fastest track in the country so 148, while fast, could have been better. I can't wait for when he meets Freaky Feet Pete. That will be the race of the year if neither loses til then.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
MutuelClerk

Very impressive. IF he goes to Delaware and draws outside I'm betting against. It's more the Montrell factor than the WIJI factor.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Really nice first over win by WiggleIt Jiggleit tonight. In the Meadowlands Pace, neither Tetrick or Zeron went to the lead and handed the race to Wiggle, but this time Artspeak blasted and Wakisashi blasted and they made Wiggle work and he came up big.
I think it was an mistake for Tetrick to sit behind Artspeak who is just not right. He should have retaken and gone for the lead knowing his horse is in good shape.

If Wakizashi had been on lead we would have witnessed a dandy battle with WIJI to the wire. As it turned out Artspeak stopped badly trapping Waki in the 2 hole at a critical juncture of the race.

Congrats to the Teagues for winning tonigth's race and for WIJI's best race ever.
Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
pandy

I agree. Tetrick also make a mistake with this horse in the Meadowlands Pace when he left and tucked (and went first over against Wiggle It). If he had continued to the lead he would have had the same pocket trip he had when he won the North American Cup. Wakisashi is a very good colt but he's had some unlucky trips in recent starts.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #6
Sinner369

The big...........???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Very impressive. IF he goes to Delaware and draws outside I'm betting against. It's more the Montrell factor than the WIJI factor.
The big "IF" question.............if WIJI had a top notch driver like a Tetrick, Campbell, D Miller, etc. Would the horse still be unbeaten for his career?
Old 08-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #7
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner369
The big "IF" question.............if WIJI had a top notch driver like a Tetrick, Campbell, D Miller, etc. Would the horse still be unbeaten for his career?
Personally, I doubt it. Teague did nothing wrong in the NA Cup, Tetrick left hard inside of him and parked him. I guess you could question his drive in the Cane, but in today's speed biased sport, when you have the best horse, you either have to leave and cut the mile or you have to go first over. Not that this monster couldn't win from off the pace, he did in the elimination for the Pace, but you just can't drive horses like that in the finals.

Teague is no slug out there,it's not like he can't get the most out of the horse. Because he's young, people will criticize him, but I actually think the driver who has driven the worst in these races is Tetrick. He gave Wazikashi a great drive in the North American Cup, but his drives in the Big M Pace and in last night's race were bad. His drive in the Big M pace was terrible. He left and tucked when he easily could have gotten the pocket trip behind Wiggle It and the pace wasn't even that fast. Ron Pierce would have put Wazikashi in the pocket and he may have won with that strategy.

Campbell, Pierce, and Miller are the best in these big money races. Tetrick and Gingras are good but they make more mistakes than the veteran drivers. Pierce is sorely missed. If I was driving a top horse in a major stakes race, before the race started I would ask myself, "What would Ron Pierce do?" That's how good Pierce is in stakes races.

Last edited by pandy; 08-23-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #8
Augie16

How is Pierce doing these days? Hope he is recovering well.
Augie16 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
pandy

He was at Pocono last night, but only as a fan. He recently said that he may need more surgery and he may retire.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #10
Stick

Quote:
Personally, I doubt it. Teague did nothing wrong in the NA Cup, Tetrick left hard inside of him and parked him. I guess you could question his drive in the Cane, but in today's speed biased sport, when you have the best horse, you either have to leave and cut the mile or you have to go first over. Not that this monster couldn't win from off the pace, he did in the elimination for the Pace, but you just can't drive horses like that in the finals.

Teague is no slug out there,it's not like he can't get the most out of the horse. Because he's young, people will criticize him, but I actually think the driver who has driven the worst in these races is Tetrick. He gave Wazikashi a great drive in the North American Cup, but his drives in the Big M Pace and in last night's race were bad. His drive in the Big M pace was terrible. He left and tucked when he easily could have gotten the pocket trip behind Wiggle It and the pace wasn't even that fast. Ron Pierce would have put Wazikashi in the pocket and he may have won with that strategy

Campbell, Pierce, and Miller are the best in these big money races. Tetrick and Gingras are good but they make more mistakes than the veteran drivers. Pierce is sorely missed. If I was driving a top horse in a major stakes race, before the race started I would ask myself, "What would Ron Pierce do?" That's how good Pierce is in stakes races.
I think you can more than question his drive in the Cane. This is a typical pattern that happens and better drivers handle it and other drivers just over drive. The pattern being one horse leaves hard inside of you and an outside horse is also leaving hard. If he just settles behind Callahan until Sears clears he can brush up the backstretch at the appropriate time when Sears looks to settle the fractions. If Sears never settles the fractions and goes extremely fast, just sit until someone else calls you out. Very good chance this won't be until the far turn. Not a bad trip with a dead horse on the lead. This horse can win in different ways. 25.4 52.1 with a good horse down your throat is very dubious .
Stick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
mrroyboy

I told you WIJI was special after that Harrington win. Hope he stays fit for next year.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
pandy

You were right, he is special, for sure.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #13
Muddy
Muddy

Quote:
You were right, he is special, for sure.
I recall someone saying he is average at best
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #14
mrroyboy

That's ok Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
pandy

Wakisashi Hanover is another really good colt, hasn't had good trips lately but he is fast and game. I hope they get a few more wins out of him this year.