Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #76
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
They sure weren't the Hekawis shooting those arrows. Besides, I assume the pic was photoshopped.
Not photo-shopped. But not what it looks like........

I'll explain later
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #77
chrisl

I wonder if the Fukarewe tribe is their to.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #78
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Fukarewe?
Where?
Old 02-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #79
chrisl

Who!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #80
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Not photo-shopped. But not what it looks like........

I'll explain later

It looks like a piper was sick, and the doctor used acupuncture.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 03:15 AM   #81
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The picture is an aircraft undergoing rivet-wing repairs

The bad rivets are drilled out-removed and these pieces that look like arrows are placed in the holes to maintain the structure and sometimes show the total extent of damage in a repair. The damage has to be evaluated by an inspection certified repairman/mechanic. Leaving them in like in the picture, as opposed to fixing them one at a time, can tell a more accurate story about the total damage from a single event. Sometimes they can't be totally fixed and the plane is deemed no longer fit for service. Totaled.

I'm going to guess the plane in the shot (random shot found on the internet) had a gear up landing or collapsed gear. The log books kept with an aircraft sometimes contain pics like this to keep records on repairs for future owners etc.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:37 AM   #82
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Lightbulb

http://mymodernmet.com/los-carpinter...penters-aviao/
Old 02-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #83
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack Playa
Cool! They are real arrows. Great stuff!

I've seen this plane online ...always explained by the repair story. Although I've seen planes that look like that (including my own after a renter wrecked it) many times, never saw this piece. Thanks!

After looking hard at those pics......that's a pretty decent looking plane. That is some costly so-called art.

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-07-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #84
chadk66

Quote:
The picture is an aircraft undergoing rivet-wing repairs

The bad rivets are drilled out-removed and these pieces that look like arrows are placed in the holes to maintain the structure and sometimes show the total extent of damage in a repair. The damage has to be evaluated by an inspection certified repairman/mechanic. Leaving them in like in the picture, as opposed to fixing them one at a time, can tell a more accurate story about the total damage from a single event. Sometimes they can't be totally fixed and the plane is deemed no longer fit for service. Totaled.

I'm going to guess the plane in the shot (random shot found on the internet) had a gear up landing or collapsed gear. The log books kept with an aircraft sometimes contain pics like this to keep records on repairs for future owners etc.
they're called cleco's. I went to school and got my aircraft mechanics license but never got to use it. no jobs when I got out. piss poor timing.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #85
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
they're called cleco's. I went to school and got my aircraft mechanics license but never got to use it. no jobs when I got out. piss poor timing.
Yep, one of my renters collapsed nose gear on my plane once. I got to play with them while assisting the mechanic. Neat little invention
Old 02-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #86
chadk66

Quote:
Yep, one of my renters collapsed nose gear on my plane once. I got to play with them while assisting the mechanic. Neat little invention
yea they're pretty cool. here is a really nice article regarding the rioters. and they claim it's about protecting water
Lachlan MarkayFebruary 7, 2017 9:43 am
Oil Pipeline Protest
The protest camp near Cannon Ball, North Dakota still has an estimated 2000 people who oppose the Dakota Access Pipeline / AP

BY: Follow @lachlan

Authorities in North Dakota are working to prevent an environmental catastrophe caused by the massive amounts of trash left behind by anti-oil pipeline protesters, local media report.

State and tribal sanitation crews are rushing to remove piles of waste and debris left over from the protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline before weather warms and the mountains of trash turn toxic.

According to cleaning crews, they're worried they might even find dead bodies among the piles of refuse that now pollute areas where anti-pipeline protesters camped out for months.

"It's estimated it will take 250 trucks filled with litter to clear the camp," according to a local NBC affiliate. Once the spring thaw comes, the area could be at risk of major environmental damage. "In a month, all this trash could become toxic."

"We are looking for, as I said, anything illegal, anything that might be used to, I guess, harm our officers during a protest," says Jay Gruebele, Morton County Sheriff's Office Captain.

Authorities are also searching through the piles for evidence they hope they don't find.

"As bad as it sounds, we're looking for people that may have died and could be wrapped up in a canvas or a tarp or tent," says Gruebele.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #87
davew

250 trucks of left garbage? these eco-terrorists sure are environmentally friendly.

There may be dead people there? wouldn't someone know if people are missing presumed last seen there? or are these all vagabonds and protesters for hire?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #88
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
250 trucks of left garbage? these eco-terrorists sure are environmentally friendly.

There may be dead people there? wouldn't someone know if people are missing presumed last seen there? or are these all vagabonds and protesters for hire?
there was a rumor that there was a tent with bodies in it. haven't seen anything come of that but makes a guy wonder. They have arrested two people for kidnapping and aggravated assault from the camp. One gal had her 80 year old mother zip tied to a chair in a cold tee pee and she was left for dead. They got her out of there and arrested the daughter. You should hear some of the stories from people (natives even) that went to the camp and just had to get out after a few days. Raping, Pillaging, the whole nine yards. Then they won't let you leave you have to sneak out. Intimidate the hell out of em to try to get them to stay. It's been inexcusable the actions of many of these criminals. It's never been about water and never will be.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #89
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Sounds just like the Occupy crap from a few years ago.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #90
Racetrack Playa
regular user

some facts

On September 10, a Sunoco pipeline ruptured near Sweetwater, Texas. About 33,000 gallons of crude oil were spilled. The pipeline was just over a year old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...t_century#2017

On October 21, an 8-inch Sunoco pipeline ruptured in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, spilling about 55,000 gallons of gasoline into the Susquehanna River

from dec 2nd
Quote:
Same old shit. Look up the pipelines that already run under this country. They are everywhere with little trouble.
On December 2, equipment failure in a Denbury Resources source water pipeline led to a leak of approximately 84,000 gallons of source water into Skull Creek, in Bowman County, North Dakota

On December 5, a 6-inch Belle Fourche pipeline spilled 176,000 gallons of crude oil into Ash Coulee Creek in Billings County, North Dakota

It Happens all the time,

On January 14, the Ozark Pipeline, an Enbridge division, spilled about 15,330 gallons of light oil at the Lawrence Pump Station, near Halltown, Missouri

On January 20 , 200,000-litre spill on Ocean Man First Nation territory Saskatchewan

On January 25, the Magellan pipeline leaked 138,600 gallons (3,300 barrels) of diesel fuel onto private agricultural land in Worth County, Iowa, near Hanlontown