Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #46
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
The flat effort in the BC as well as visually coming to a walk at the wire was not due to any bad starts or being wide. If the race was 6.5 furlongs he would have lost by 25 lengths, he was much slower in this race than any other race.
You're ignoring the unmeasurables that CJ eluded to. Lost In The Fog had lock horns not with just one top class frontrunner for the first time in his career, but rather 3 in the form of Wildcat Heir, Attila's Storm, and Battle Won. He dispatched with two of those when unleashing his move on the turn, but the wide trip allowed Attila's Storm to stay with him, and that left him vulnerable to some solid closers from behind (Silver Train, Taste of Paradise). The result, a gut-busting loss.

This task was a far cry from snatching the lead from Fusaichi Rock Star and holding off Egg Head.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #47
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenj
I don't know if this will show up from Facebook but he's not pleased to be awakened from a deep sleep.

https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficalR...1077078687891/
Lol , so much like her , remember Life Is Sweet. LShare
https://youtu.be/idWtmffgNzU
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #48
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
You're ignoring the unmeasurables that CJ eluded to. Lost In The Fog had lock horns not with just one top class frontrunner for the first time in his career, but rather 3 in the form of Wildcat Heir, Attila's Storm, and Battle Won. He dispatched with two of those when unleashing his move on the turn, but the wide trip allowed Attila's Storm to stay with him, and that left him vulnerable to some solid closers from behind (Silver Train, Taste of Paradise). The result, a gut-busting loss.

This task was a far cry from snatching the lead from Fusaichi Rock Star and holding off Egg Head.
They're all unmeasurables, you just have to go on an opinion. I'm not a figure guy, I'm a video guy, I'm basing his performance on the tape. Great horses don't crawl home under the wire because they get less than the ideal trip.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #49
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Beyer column on Run Happy and his connections.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...896_story.html
Interesting tattoo, at least it's of one of my favorite horses, but who could tell.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #50
castaway01

Quote:

To me, Lost in the Fog was a huge bet-against in that race. At the same time, he was crushed from both sides at the start of the race and also was in the early stages of cancer at the time. He's literally the worst example of "his Beyer declined for no reason" that I can think of.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #51
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
He's literally the worst example of "his Beyer declined for no reason" that I can think of.
I wish there was a favorite button.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #52
Spalding No!

Quote:
They're all unmeasurables, you just have to go on an opinion. I'm not a figure guy, I'm a video guy, I'm basing his performance on the tape. Great horses don't crawl home under the wire because they get less than the ideal trip.
Again, you are ignoring the competition.

Why did the undefeated Maharesred finish 10th in the BC Juvenile in 1988? He was dominating the Pacific Northwest, so...

Why did Shared Interest get beat a pole in the 1991 CCA Oaks after winning her first 4 races with ease?

Why did Twining get browbeat in the '94 Dwyer after dominating the first 5 starts of his career?

Why did Jolie's Halo start folding in the spring of '91 when had crushed in his first 6 starts?

It's ironic you say you're not a figure guy, when this whole thing started because you were shocked by Lost In The Fog's Beyer drop off in the Sprint.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Alarming how he fell off the map beyerwise in the BC I find that very interesting.
Yeah, a body slowly starting to riddle itself with cancerous tumors has a way of impacting the Beyer figures in a negative fashion...or so the theory goes...

You'll grasp at any chance to throw a conspiracy against the wall and see if it sticks...you do realize the boy who cried wolf wasn't listened to after only a little while...
Old 10-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #54
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Again, you are ignoring the competition.

Why did the undefeated Maharesred finish 10th in the BC Juvenile in 1988? He was dominating the Pacific Northwest, so...

Why did Shared Interest get beat a pole in the 1991 CCA Oaks after winning her first 4 races with ease?

Why did Twining get browbeat in the '94 Dwyer after dominating the first 5 starts of his career?

Why did Jolie's Halo start folding in the spring of '91 when had crushed in his first 6 starts?

It's ironic you say you're not a figure guy, when this whole thing started because you were shocked by Lost In The Fog's Beyer drop off in the Sprint.
I base my opinions on videotape, with the Beyer figs staring me in the face, I don't have to be a figure guy to notice them.

The visual is stunning, the fog was not crawling home because of 'competition' the other horses didnt make him run much slower than he normally runs. He was running Beyer figs in the 110 range or higher, what did the winner of the BC sprint get assigned? Was it 120?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #55
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yeah, a body slowly starting to riddle itself with cancerous tumors has a way of impacting the Beyer figures in a negative fashion...or so the theory goes...

You'll grasp at any chance to throw a conspiracy against the wall and see if it sticks...you do realize the boy who cried wolf wasn't listened to after only a little while...
Oh please, the horse ran a 111 seven months after the BC. None of this has any conspiracies, I thought it was just odd he ran so slow in the BC.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #56
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is "odd" the euphemism for "I lost, therefore the race must have been fixed!"
Old 10-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #57
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
I'm 99.9 pct sure I didn't have a wager on that race and if I did, I never would have played Fog at those odds. Races aren't fixed too often, it's mostly an honest sport.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #58
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
See why I've had to delete so many of his posts today?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:32 PM   #59
Spalding No!

Quote:
The visual is stunning, the fog was not crawling home because of 'competition' the other horses didnt make him run much slower than he normally runs. He was running Beyer figs in the 110 range or higher, what did the winner of the BC sprint get assigned? Was it 120?
Clearly it was the pace that did him in. He had relatively little pressure in any of his previous races.

Again, in the BC Sprint, he had 3 top class horses glued to him up to the 1/4 pole. He ran his race, as evidenced by the patented turn move that saw him take a clear lead into the stretch only...the top class closers then came along and finished him off as he had little left for the drive.

Instead of worrying about figures or visuals, maybe you should bust out the old Handicapper's Condition Book and brush up on class.

Hint: "But he went :43+ at Golden Gate and Turf Paradise before" doesn't cut it as a response.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #60
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Clearly it was the pace that did him in. He had relatively little pressure in any of his previous races.

Again, in the BC Sprint, he had 3 top class horses glued to him up to the 1/4 pole. He ran his race, as evidenced by the patented turn move that saw him take a clear lead into the stretch only...the top class closers then came along and finished him off as he had little left for the drive.

Instead of worrying about figures or visuals, maybe you should bust out the old Handicapper's Condition Book and brush up on class.

Hint: "But he went :43+ at Golden Gate and Turf Paradise before" doesn't cut it as a response.
Kings bishop is a major race w strong competition. He was just fine in there.
Closed Thread