Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 2.20 average.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #286
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
It's going to take a whole lot more of a national tragedy to get me to wait in line without urinals.
What would be worth the price of admission is watching a woman walk into a bathroom in an old venue and see the horse troughs we have to pee in.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #287
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
DEM. Illinois GOV. candidate urges men to protest Trump by using ladies room.
Don't most democrat men do that already?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #288
johnhannibalsmith

Tom's on a roll already tonight.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 10:37 PM   #289
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

IMO, I've never heard Donald Trump give a speech with such powerful moments tonight, his best EVER. The moment with Carryn Owens, the widow of a US Navy Special operator, William "Ryan" Owens, who was killed in an anti-terror raid in Yemen in the first major military engagement of the new administration, was exceptionally powerful, emotional and unifying. Tonight, at least in my eyes, Donald Trump officially became President of the United States...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #290
incoming

Very powerful tribute to the falling warrior, Ryan Owens. I bet John McCain could have crawled under his chair trying to hide after calling the mission a failure. Advice..... Don't pull on the President's cape.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-28-2017 at 11:19 PM.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #291
FantasticDan
gelding

Republican Congress and Trump quietly repeal Obama law requiring the Social Security Admin to report certain mentally ill beneficiaries to the FBI background check database..

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...mental-n727221

Hey, they might not be capable of taking care of themselves, but who says they can't take care of a Glock?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 11:43 AM   #292
woodtoo

You used McCain and failure in the same sentence.
Congratulations.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM   #293
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
IMO, I've never heard Donald Trump give a speech with such powerful moments tonight, his best EVER. The moment with Carryn Owens, the widow of a US Navy Special operator, William "Ryan" Owens, who was killed in an anti-terror raid in Yemen in the first major military engagement of the new administration, was exceptionally powerful, emotional and unifying. Tonight, at least in my eyes, Donald Trump officially became President of the United States
Good points Randall, but through my eyes President Donald Trump also won re-election last night.

There was this great Trump speech, of course, but last night we all saw the complete exposure of what the Democrat Party truly is today and why their future as a viable national party is bleak at best.

I'll start with ... Trump speaks of supporting our police and protecting all Americans, and Democrats boo! Trump speaks of protecting our borders from illegal aliens and Democrats boo!

There was the Farakhan acolyte, a true-blue Jew hater, and Sharia law advocate, Rep. Keith Ellison, coldly looking on as Trump honored Mrs. Caryn Owens.

There was the hateful Chuck Schumer, who may have Senatorial procedure and custom on his side to slow down the Trump Train at the moment, but now has the entire USA against him. He is a spiteful, corrupt, self-hating Jew, who should be ashamed of himself for a 1,000 reasons, aside from his post-speech comments and his backing of anti-Semite Ellison as DNC chairman.

Ditto for the oft altered Nancy Pelosi, a shameful and despicable phony and one of the dumbest and most incoherent persons ever elected Speaker of the House, and that's saying something.

Then there was this old fool, the ex-governor of Kentucky, Steve Beshear, who gave the rebuttal speech. What was that all about? Here is a clown who was once a Republican, then became a turncoat, and is now a Democrat. Two years ago, he also became a very big loser when he lost his bid for governor in 2015 in a landslide defeat.

All these Democrats were exposed front and center to the American people last night.

The only people missing were the failed, anti-American Barry Soetoro; the despicable and chronically corrupt Hillary Clinton, and, the failed human being, traitor, serial sex offender and rapist, the evil Bill Clinton. (Well, you can't have everything sometimes but it was still a great night for America.)
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #294
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
[B]
There was the hateful Chuck Schumer, who may have Senatorial procedure and custom on his side to slow down the Trump Train at the moment, but now has the entire USA against him. He is a spiteful, corrupt, self-hating Jew, who should be ashamed of himself for a 1,000 reasons, aside from his post-speech comments and his backing of anti-Semite Ellison as DNC chairman.
Shumer's seated body language, last nite, reminded me of a bored teenage boy, sitting on a park bench, all slumped over in his seat, waiting for something or other, or nothing at all, to happen....

Perhaps he is still crying from within himself, lamenting the delayed people at the Airports..
Old 03-01-2017, 03:52 PM   #295
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Good points Randall, but through my eyes President Donald Trump also won re-election last night.

There was this great Trump speech, of course, but last night we all saw the complete exposure of what the Democrat Party truly is today and why their future as a viable national party is bleak at best.

I'll start with ... Trump speaks of supporting our police and protecting all Americans, and Democrats boo! Trump speaks of protecting our borders from illegal aliens and Democrats boo!

There was the Farakhan acolyte, a true-blue Jew hater, and Sharia law advocate, Rep. Keith Ellison, coldly looking on as Trump honored Mrs. Caryn Owens.

Ditto for the oft altered Nancy Pelosi, a shameful and despicable phony and one of the dumbest and most incoherent persons ever elected Speaker of the House, and that's saying something.

Then there was this old fool, the ex-governor of Kentucky, Steve Beshear, who gave the rebuttal speech. What was that all about? Here is a clown who was once a Republican, then became a turncoat, and is now a Democrat. Two years ago, he also became a very big loser when he lost his bid for governor in 2015 in a landslide defeat.

All these Democrats were exposed front and center to the American people last night.

The only people missing were the failed, anti-American Barry Soetoro; the despicable and chronically corrupt Hillary Clinton, and, the failed human being, traitor, serial sex offender and rapist, the evil Bill Clinton. (Well, you can't have everything sometimes but it was still a great night for America.)
One day all that hate just may give you a heart attack.

Or - at the very least - you may dislocate your shoulder trying to pat yourself on the back.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #296
Parkview_Pirate

Trump's speech had its highs and lows.

High - yes, America, there really are radical Islamic terrorists out there. Let's call a spade, well, a spade.

Low - unifying can't be done by mouthing the words, and hoping all the requested parties comply. Trump will need to lead by example to make progress bringing the country together....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #297
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Trump's speech had its highs and lows.

High - yes, America, there really are radical Islamic terrorists out there. Let's call a spade, well, a spade.

Low - unifying can't be done by mouthing the words, and hoping all the requested parties comply. Trump will need to lead by example to make progress bringing the country together....

Good synopsis.

I may have misheard exactly what he said and I've been meaning to find a transcript but I thought I heard him say that immigrants should be able to support themselves before arriving. If I heard it right, and I am asking for clarification if I am wrong, that would be the low. I understand what he's saying, but scandinavian countries aren't the Land of Opportunity. We might still be running DC current and never heard of a guy named Marconi if we didn't want pioneers with four cents in their pockets showing up.

Edited to add my beef:

"...
Nations around the world, like Canada, Australia and many others --- have a merit-based immigration system. It is a basic principle that those seeking to enter a country ought to be able to support themselves financially. Yet, in America, we do not enforce this rule, straining the very public resources that our poorest citizens rely upon..."

-Robert James Smith, 1989

Last edited by johnhannibalsmith; 03-01-2017 at 05:56 PM.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #298
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
One day all that hate just may give you a heart attack.

Or - at the very least - you may dislocate your shoulder trying to pat yourself on the back.
There's not an ounce of hate in my heart, my head or my entire body, Stinky. Nor is there a single mischaracterization in my description of the villains I wrote about in my post. My question to you and other lefties is how could you defend and support those slugs?

Yes, there is a possibility of dislocating my shoulder as you describe, but I'll take that risk since I am so very right all the time. I'm very happy to take one for the team and thanks for your concern for my well-being.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 01:13 AM   #299
NJ Stinks

Quote:
There's not an ounce of hate in my heart, my head or my entire body, Stinky. Nor is there a single mischaracterization in my description of the villains I wrote about in my post. My question to you and other lefties is how could you defend and support those slugs?

Yes, there is a possibility of dislocating my shoulder as you describe, but I'll take that risk since I am so very right all the time. I'm very happy to take one for the team and thanks for your concern for my well-being.
No problem. Just don't be reckless!

Old 03-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #300
woodtoo

"I can call Donald Trump now, and he'll probably pick up.
He picks up his phone.
If you've got his number, he'll talk to you.
Damnedest thing I've ever seen."

"I've had more personal time with Trump in two months,
than I had with Obama in 8 years."

@ Sen-JoeManchin#MAGA Democrat Senator

Some are coming around!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply