Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #16
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I don't know mountainman, pulling the anthem would be tantamount to caving, no?

How about we take all the statues they don't like down, so they can't object to something that 'offends' them.

Hearing some talk that the snowflakes have their eyes set on GRANTS TOMB of all things.

No, I think we make it as uncomfortable and difficult as legally possible for that idiot kaepernick.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #17
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Lol.

If you continue to twist my words, you and I have a big problem..

What part of " I stand proudly for our anthem" is difficult to interpret. And I never said I agree with Kapernicks stance- just that he has the right to protest. In fact, plausible or not, I proposed a way to stop the protests. So knock it off. Personally, I think the guy is an insincere and ill-informed spokesman for his own cause. But, do you REALLY want to live in a country that would compel him to stand???? They do that in North Korea.

What are you gonna do, beat me up? LOL I know, you lifted weights and that makes you a badass, you have whales backing you and that makes you connected. Save the tough talk for Nancy and your viewers.

You and your like need to stop validating pukes like Kapernick. Leave the anthem alone and keep honoring the flag and we won't have a problem.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #18
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
What are you gonna do, beat me up? LOL I know, you lifted weights and that makes you a badass, you have whales backing you and that makes you connected. Save the tough talk for Nancy and your viewers.

You and your like need to stop validating pukes like Kapernick. Leave the anthem alone and keep honoring the flag and we won't have a problem.
Let's dial things down a bit. I'm not validating Kapernick, nor do I agree with his points of protest. In fact, I think he's an attention whore who would NEVER have started this controversy while he still had a starting job. But I AM validating a flag strong enough to tolerate protest. In my opinion, such tolerance is one thing (not the only thing or even the biggest thing) that makes our country so special and strong. And one of the things those soldiers died for.

And I don't see discontinuing the anthem as surrender, but instead as a way of pulling the rug out from protesters-the only legal way to stop these displays that so many find repugnant.

Otherwise, get used to it..the kneeling will never stop. And I would bet my LIFE it would be the protesters, not patriots, who would complain loudest were the anthem discontinued at nfl games.

Please, stop calling me names and questioning my patriotism. I love this country as much as you do, and would not presume to question yours,
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #19
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
I don't know mountainman, pulling the anthem would be tantamount to caving, no?

How about we take all the statues they don't like down, so they can't object to something that 'offends' them.

Hearing some talk that the snowflakes have their eyes set on GRANTS TOMB of all things.

No, I think we make it as uncomfortable and difficult as legally possible for that idiot kaepernick.
In my opinion just a clever way-the only legal way- to pull the rug out from under Kapernick,

And don't get me started on the destroying of statues and revising of history. The protesters don't have THAT right.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #20
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
In my opinion just a clever way-the only legal way- to pull the rug out from under Kapernick,

And don't get me started on the destroying of statues and revising of history. The protesters don't have THAT right.
I'm sorry MM, but the way I see things, if we pull the anthem Kapernick and his ilk get EXACTLY what they wanted and win......99% of everybody else loses. That's insanity, plain and simple.

Let me just add this....What Kapernick and his ilk are doing is laughable when compared to the real impact of a TRUE civil rights protest almost 50 years ago:

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #21
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I'm sorry MM, but the way I see things, if we pull the anthem Kapernick and his ilk get EXACTLY what they wanted and win......99% of everybody else loses. That's insanity, plain and simple.

Let me just add this....What Kapernick and his ilk are doing is laughable when compared to the real impact of a TRUE civil rights protest almost 50 years ago:

https://youtu.be/FOVTKN7fVBI
The LAST thing they want is the anthem discontinued at games. The want the chance to visibly protest. And the owners don't owe them that.

This is a fight that patriots cant win. The more people complain about the protests, the louder and more widespread the protests become. Even uncle sam has the right and option to be cagey sometimes and not lead with his chin.

Last edited by mountainman; 08-23-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #22
jimmyb

Quote:
The LAST thing they want is the anthem discontinued at games. The want the chance to visibly protest. And the owners don't owe them that.

This is a fight that patriots cant win. The more people complain about the protests, the louder and more widespread the protests become. Even uncle sam has the right and option to be cagey sometimes and not lead with his chin.

"A senior colleague asked why I liked being involved in soccer so much. I said, they don't play the anthem. The next game, everyone stood while the anthem crackled over the PA system. The administrator looked at me and said **** you."

Not my words but I liked how it played out. I'm done discussing.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 10:13 AM   #23
mountainman

Quote:
"A senior colleague asked why I liked being involved in soccer so much. I said, they don't play the anthem. The next game, everyone stood while the anthem crackled over the PA system. The administrator looked at me and said **** you."

Not my words but I liked how it played out. I'm done discussing.
Fair enough. I respect your opinion-and you made some points in your favor. Even patriots can disagree.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I have my own mouth, eyes and ears. If it bans me because you are a paid PA vendor, so be it.
Why in the world would the thought of being banned over a debate in off topic about protesting the NA ever cross your mind, even IF it's with someone who is an advertiser? It's off topic...lol

Weird, man...I must have some reputation....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-23-2017 at 10:30 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #25
Parkview_Pirate

IMHO, Kaepernick's "right" to kneel during the national anthem ends when he puts on his uniform. His "protest" has never been about how minorities are treated, he's simply trying to figure out a way to call attention to himself, and to distract attention away from his poor performance.

Now his supporters want a boycott if he's not signed by a team:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...l-boycott.html

There's some serious irony for ya - boycott the league for not signing a guy who has clearly demonstrated he's not a team player.

The NFL should simply fine, then suspend, players who don't show enough respect to stand during the national anthem. Problem solved.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #26
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
I stand proudly for the anthem, but support the right of others to kneel, turn their backs, or downright disrespect our flag. In my opinion, that right proves how strong and noble our flag IS.
It depends what you mean by "support." Do I support the right of free speech and free expression. Absolutely.

But "support" can also mean that you are behind what they are doing -- as in SUPPORT our troops. In that vein, I support our troops, but not this dishonorable, disrespecting scum which gets no support from me.

These people are scum. The anthem was written as Americans were dying so that said scum making millions of dollars, and the rest of us could live in the most amazing nation in the history of the world.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #27
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I vote they play the Anthem TWICE
Old 08-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #28
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
It depends what you mean by "support." Do I support the right of free speech and free expression. Absolutely.

But "support" can also mean that you are behind what they are doing -- as in SUPPORT our troops. In that vein, I support our troops, but not this dishonorable, disrespecting scum which gets no support from me.

These people are scum. The anthem was written as Americans were dying so that said scum making millions of dollars, and the rest of us could live in the most amazing nation in the history of the world.
Their is nothing ambiguous about "support their right to kneel." That wording in no way implies solidarity with the protesting point of view.

Agreement with Kapernick's position would be worded in far different terms. And , for the 10th time, I clearly stated that I, in fact, DISAGREE with his point of view.

I think you guys understand english very well, but just want a straw man to vent on.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #29
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
I think you guys understand english very well, but just want a straw man to vent on.
Well, at least you can't say, pick on someone your own size
Old 08-23-2017, 02:24 PM   #30
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Well, at least you can't say, pick on someone your own size
LOL..I've been whipped by smaller guys, but have upset some big bad opponents..but can assure you, i've had my last altercation...too old..too slow..too sane ( i hope)..still have bad temper, but have(finally) learned to walk away...in fact, i've spouted enough on this topic, and it aint cool to insist on the last word..so i'm out...

btw---i think Kapernick would have a job if he actually COULD perform...the guy stunk it up in his last several outings

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: