Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Doc

RIP Constantine

Don't know if anybody here watches "American Idol," but it was pretty shocking to see rocker Constantine Maroulis get bounced from the show last night. All I'll say is that less-talented contestants will be back next week.

Larry Lederman, during his call of the second race at Freehold Raceway today:
"And the question is...is American Idol a talent show, or a redialing contest?"

Lederman is a HUGE Idol fan.

Doc
Old 04-29-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'll admit it...I watch.

There is a story coming out on ABC (unless Abdul sues to stop it) that will say that last year's contestant, Corey Clark, slept with Paula Abdul (Clark was kicked off the show for having some sort of legal charges pending against him).

The way Paula was acting last night after Constantine got the boot, it seems she may have put another notch in her belt!

I mean, come on, the guy (Constantine) isn't that talented. I don't know what they saw in him. His voice was average at best. Sure, he may not have deserved to go last night, as I thought Scott Savol deserved to go (again)! But, it's no shock to me that he got booted. His dumb ass performance (with all the stupid kicks at the camera) was laughable.

Maroulis was POSEUR personified!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2005, 01:11 AM   #3
kingfin66
Bombardier

I'm happy to confess that I watch the show. I find it highly entertaining. Personally, I thought Savol should have been bounced. Maroulis wouldn't have won, but he should have hung around for 1 more week. Of course, I was surprised that Anwar got the boot last week. He had the voice but couldn't deliver the big performance.

I have a suspicion that Federov and Underwood have a little something going on. Check out the way those two look at each other.

I think the final five becomes an easy final three.

1. Vonzell
2. Carrie
3. Bo Bice

Big Gap down to

4. Federov
5. Scotty the Body

Has anybody noticed that when Simon wants somebody off the show he starts a campaign. He really wanted Scotty off this week. A few weeks ago it was Federov. He LOVES Carrie.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:57 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That's strange. I thought Carrie had something going on with Constantine. She wouldn't take her eyes off him once she saw he was bottom two with SS. Plus, they kept going to her face when Constantine was announced as the loser....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2005, 03:24 AM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I think it all comes down to Bo and Carrie. Bo is good, and I prefer his style music, but Carrie is from my adopted home state of Oklahoma, and she is rather hot. I am a guy after all...
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2005, 06:58 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

How in the hell that kid from Ohio, You know, Scott the portly kid, keeps getting enough votes to stay on.............is beyond me.............
Old 04-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #7
Doc

I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly all the people in the Cleveland area are dialing like mad for Scott AS A JOKE...to get him to the final despite his lack of talent. If it's true, I'm a little pissed off. Idol producers should take steps to limit each phone number to one vote each.

I predicted all along it would be Bo Bice (whom I really like) and Carrie in the final. I just hope and pray Scott gets booted soon.

Doc
Old 04-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #8
kingfin66
Bombardier

Scotty is next to go. I wouldn't say that Scott lacks talent, but he definitely isn't the American Idol. If were talking about marketable, talented performer, with good looks, then the winner will be Carrie or Vonzell. Of course, American gets to vote.

Bo has some bad stuff hitting the media at a bad time for him.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
Doc

Hey kingfin - where'd you read the bad stuff about Bo Bice? Can you pass along a link?

Doc
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Pace Cap'n

Check this.
Pace Cap'n is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2005, 03:16 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I suspect moveon.org is involved in this somehow.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #12
Lefty

Iwatch Idol, too. Basing on Performances the past week, Constantine was the one that shoulda been voted off. Good thing too, cause big scandal coming up.
Carrie's my pick to win it all but Vonzell coming on and is a threat, of course the less talented(voicewise)Bo Bice a threat due to the teeny bopper vote.

Last edited by Lefty; 05-02-2005 at 12:15 AM.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply