Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 09-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
betovernetcapper

Lightbulb Daruty Conversation part deux

So in my conversation with Scott Daruty, I learned that I may have been mistaken about signal wars. I learned that TrackNet actually wanted to distribute the signal far and wide. It isn't the fault of TrackNet, it's the fault of others.
This caused me great distress and I grappled with with the thought "What can I do to bring these parties together?". At around 3am I got it, I could set up a conference call with TrackNet's Scott Daruty and TVG's David Nathen and a reporter from Bloodhorse and in a few minutes they could resolve this. Simple
Except.......it turns out others are affected by signal wars-there are the track owners-the horsemen and the players. Then I had an epiphany. Why not invite the track owners-the horseman and even the players to enter into this mini conference. Who to get..................

representing the track owners RON 4% GEARY

Head of the La HBPA representing the horseman SEAN ALFORTISH

representing the players BONC

Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish have very tight schedules and have worked hard to make this work.
Conference will take place tomorrow Thursday September 13th

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
DeanT

You are awesome dude!
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
betovernetcapper

DeanT-hope you are still saying that tommorow night

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

i suggest you record it.,,,,,,,,,,or have a stenographer
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
betovernetcapper

Ralph-great minds think alike-Ryan Conley from Bloodhorse has some kind of steno ability

Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
So in my conversation with Scott Daruty, I learned that I may have been mistaken about signal wars. I learned that TrackNet actually wanted to distribute the signal far and wide. It isn't the fault of TrackNet, it's the fault of others.
This caused me great distress and I grappled with with the thought "What can I do to bring these parties together?". At around 3am I got it, I could set up a conference call with TrackNet's Scott Daruty and TVG's David Nathen and a reporter from Bloodhorse and in a few minutes they could resolve this. Simple
Except.......it turns out others are affected by signal wars-there are the track owners-the horsemen and the players. Then I had an epiphany. Why not invite the track owners-the horseman and even the players to enter into this mini conference. Who to get..................

representing the track owners RON 4% GEARY

Head of the La HBPA representing the horseman SEAN ALFORTISH

representing the players BONC

Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish have very tight schedules and have worked hard to make this work.
Conference will take place tomorrow Thursday September 13th
BONC,
The extent of your influence is indeed awesome. Does the timing of this conference have anything to do with the CA ADW Bill's passing? What completely flabbergasts me is the willingness of these gentlemen to conduct such a discussion in the presence of a B-H reporter. Perhaps you could shed some light on their motivation for participation.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
betovernetcapper

Indulto-the only thing I can say is that I think Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish are motivated by a real love of the game. That sounds like BS, but I think it's true.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Indulto-the only thing I can say is that I think Ron Geary and Sean Alfortish are motivated by a real love of the game. That sounds like BS, but I think it's true.
BONC,
Thanks for responding. I don't doubt that's true of Geary and Alfortish, but does the same apply to Daruty and Nathanson?

Please correct me if I'm off-base here, but is there some objective of this conference (from their standpoint) other than to present the image that conflict resolution is underway so that no subsequent action on our part is required?
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 04:35 PM   #9
NoCal Boy

All that I can add is the CA ADW law is genuine and TVG supported it with the others (and this in and of itself is impressive).

This is all good. Alfortish is the real deal as is Couto in CA. They get it. Some may not like their actions, and perhaps some actions are not justified, but they do get it in ADW.

Broadcast exclusivity (TVG or HRTV) makes sense. But wagering and a/v exclusivity on the internet makes no sense. This can be rectified through pricing issues.

Good to see the LA horsemen involved. Now that the CA industry has done its part by getting a good Bill passed, now we turn to Lousiana horsemen who also get it.

Great job.
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
betchatoo

Great work BONC. I am looking forward to hearing the result of this conversation. Your hard work and continuous searching for answers is greatly appeciated.
Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right. -Martin Luther King, Jr.
betchatoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Scav

You should have players involved on this also. Is it possible that their is a number we can dial to listen to this conference call?

Also, why isn't Youbet involved in this. PM me if you need a higher up's information.

Last edited by Scav; 09-12-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Scav is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Ralph-great minds think alike-Ryan Conley from Bloodhorse has some kind of steno ability
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
Maji

thanks.
Maji is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 PM   #14
michiken

I think that Ian from Premier Turf Club should join that conversation.... my 2 cents
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #15
boomman

I agree 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
All that I can add is the CA ADW law is genuine and TVG supported it with the others (and this in and of itself is impressive).

This is all good. Alfortish is the real deal as is Couto in CA. They get it. Some may not like their actions, and perhaps some actions are not justified, but they do get it in ADW.

Broadcast exclusivity (TVG or HRTV) makes sense. But wagering and a/v exclusivity on the internet makes no sense. This can be rectified through pricing issues.

Good to see the LA horsemen involved. Now that the CA industry has done its part by getting a good Bill passed, now we turn to Lousiana horsemen who also get it.

Great job.
It has been suggested further in this thread that Ian join this conversation and I hope he does. And even though you and I agree most times on this issue No Cal, we totally disagree that Drew Couto "gets it". He was the one who single handedly kept Ian from getting the signals from CARF and Del Mar, so I'm sure Ian would welcome a prolonged conversation with him. I do agree with you 100% that Alfortish "gets it" and I compliment BONC on his continued tremendous efforts!

Boomer