Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #16
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedking
Excellent write-up Joe; actually too good

Only thing you did not mention is that this filly is by Indian Charlie, one of my favorite sires for FTS in sprints. I'm not certain, but I think this syndicate won with a FTS a couple weeks ago which opened and went off at very short odds.

I like this one a lot also and only hope that the Zayat/Mott/Desormeux filly Freakstein takes some serious action just off connections. Kent has not been riding well since Sat or Sun.

Great pickup and analysis, Joe. Thanks

speedking
Hello Speedking:

You are right! I never made any mention of the breeding and maybe I should but I was not impressed at all with the breeding except for Indian Charlie. I usually focus my attention on the dam's side and her dam is Valid Wind and she had 2 foals (Doubly Appealing and Valuable Jet) which both won races but are not classy types at all. To their credit they both won early on except it took a few races. I went back to Valid Winds dam which is Canyon Winds and she dropped 4 foals including Valid Wind and they all were nothing special. I'm sorry I didn't note this all and I should have but when you see a 2yof work the way she has I will overlook this stuff only because alot of time horses will not run to their breeding. Surprise surprise! By the way,at most this 2yof will be nothing more than sprinter.

Joe

Last edited by jotb; 08-30-2007 at 02:00 PM.
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #17
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Hello Spiderman:

The odds will be a factor for sure if she's legit. If she's what I think she is I believe she will open up a hugh favorite then drift up and get hit late again.

I believe she is better than your stats say about FTS because she did have one bad year where she was 0-34 in 2004 other wise she's around 13% but remember something about this type of stat and many other stats . All it basically means is that Rice is capable of getting it done but if you insist on the poor stat always keep in mind a horse at any given time can make a liar out of stats.

joe
Survived not betting first three races. The tote opened for 4th and she is
4-5. Wouldn't expect that the drift-up goes higher 2-1 in this 8-horse field. I'll pass the race and wish all good luck. All I'll play today is the late P4.
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #18
speedking

Bad Start

The Rice filly broke poorly and made a nice move to reach contention, but could not overcome that rough start

Another Indian Charlie FTS got up for 3rd after a strong move while 4 wide on the turn. Stewart does better 2nd time out also.

The final Indian Charlie FTS of the day was the Baffert entry in the 6th...Broke alertly and ran the field off their feet with a very sharp effort. No surprise to anyone the way he trained in CA.

At least Linda got the money with her City Zip FTS on the grass in the finale. Saved ground all the way and finished powerfully off wild fractions to win easily. Best turf breeding in field and worked very well over the lawn.

speedking
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote Reply