Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #16
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
[/B]

That's funny, Tom.

Came back from a trip to Japan in 2002 with a discovery that bidets are wonderful.

Since then, don't use much toilet paper.

True confessions: I did notice about 4 or 5 huge packages in our small garage. Guess Beth is hoarding again. LOL
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2021, 12:10 AM   #17
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Salmon is my goto breakfast when I get up at 3:30-4am for an early work day. (My vitamin B12 megadosing has caused me to not need near as much sleep.)
I traditionally eat breakfast only on Sunday and it’s usually something with lox..Big fan of soft scrambled eggs with sautéed onions and lox. When I had a deli in Mexico I used to bring in a 3lb slab from Costco. Later, when that became a problem I brined my own. Give it a try. Way cheaper than prepared.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:02 AM   #18
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I traditionally eat breakfast only on Sunday and it’s usually something with lox..Big fan of soft scrambled eggs with sautéed onions and lox. When I had a deli in Mexico I used to bring in a 3lb slab from Costco. Later, when that became a problem I brined my own. Give it a try. Way cheaper than prepared.
"Brined my own" sounds a lot like "Work WORK!"
(Cue Maynard G. Krebs.)
Old 12-04-2021, 06:15 AM   #19
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Seriously... It is one of the only foods I can taste & enjoy.

And 10 pounds might be a little low.

Beth went to Costco yesterday and bought me 3 packs of Norwegian Salmon (12 oz each), and 2 packs of this smoked salmon (24 oz each).

I try to stretch that to about 8-10 days.
(I did have to make a concession to farm raised. LOL)

I have a rule... if it isn't really good for me and completely non-toxic, and I can barely taste it, I shouldn't be eating it.

Although the list varies by day - and sometimes by BITE in a meal - many of my favs are just gone.

Rarely do I taste any kind of meat, except for pastrami & corned beef (like 80% flavor). Even ice cream and chocolate sauce are below 50% most of the time.

But, again can vary wildly.

Every day I do the "salt test." Most days salt is 5-10%. I've even stuck a teaspoon of salt in my mouth and couldn't taste it. (Spit it out, of course.)

So, when I run into some food... any, really... that consistently gives me pleasure & gratification, I will make sure that I've got plenty on hand.

Salmon is my goto breakfast when I get up at 3:30-4am for an early work day. (My vitamin B12 megadosing has caused me to not need near as much sleep.)
Dave, was that caused by Covid? My daughter reported her taste went to zero when she had it, but it's come back. Looks like we need to stock up coffee.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:26 AM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Dave, was that caused by Covid? My daughter reported her taste went to zero when she had it, but it's come back. Looks like we need to stock up coffee.
Yes.
I lost my taste & smell 10 days AFTER Covid.
First noticed in Jan. 6, 2021.

Ironically, smell was my strongest sense before.
I mean, I was like a bloodhound.

I always figured it was compensation for poor hearing. LOL

Now, I've got neither. Where's the fairness in that? LOL
Oh, wait. Never promised a rose garden, right?
Old 12-04-2021, 11:17 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

After Covid, a few things I used to love taste terrible. Dr. Pepper used to be favorite, but can't stand it anymore.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #22
fast4522

Bitcoin falls as much as 22% with global market nerves on edge.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...idated-2021-12
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Niether were the 7 fellows in my high school graduating class who died over there for WHAT? Bell could sell more helicopters?
You're nothing but a conspiracy theorist loon.

It wasn't about Bell selling more helicopters (Pfizer selling more vaccines), it was about the Gov't looking out for us by stopping Communism (protecting us from COVID).
Old 12-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #24
fast4522

Prices climbed 6.8% in November compared with last year, largest rise in nearly four decades, as inflation spreads through economy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=uxbndlbing
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2021, 12:02 PM   #25
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

All those cretins who couldn't live with Trump's personality are now paying the price of ignorance.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
All those cretins who couldn't live with Trump's personality are now paying the price of ignorance.
Actually, WE ARE ALL PAYING, whether we did or didn't like Trump.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #27
davew

Quote:
it just didn't FEEL right, because the news kept telling us he LIES all the time .... I guess Joe also LIES or CAN'T REMEMBER THE TRUTH all the time as well.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #28
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Prices climbed 6.8% in November compared with last year, largest rise in nearly four decades, as inflation spreads through economy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...cid=uxbndlbing
The rise is much higher then that.... go view this poste in another thread.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...4&postcount=26

And expect meat to cost more as well... feeding oats went from 8.79 to 19.89 in less then two months. Alfalfa from 9.58 to 18.94. Mixed feeds jumped 25% just last week... and I've notice a change how the animals are eating it... so they have done a formulation change as well. What are you going to do cut back ration on your animals.. thinning the herd literally. Price gouging is not just fell felt at the gas pumps. Price hay
Old 12-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The rise is much higher then that.... go view this poste in another thread.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...4&postcount=26

And expect meat to cost more as well... feeding oats went from 8.79 to 19.89 in less then two months. Alfalfa from 9.58 to 18.94. Mixed feeds jumped 25% just last week... and I've notice a change how the animals are eating it... so they have done a formulation change as well. What are you going to do cut back ration on your animals.. thinning the herd literally. Price gouging is not just fell felt at the gas pumps. Price hay

I wonder if hay pricing is regional? I haven't known a pet horse owner since a sister of a girlfriend in the early 80's. I always seem to remember numbers, the good green alfalfa was like $8, that even makes that $18.94 number not look so bad. That was in Calimesa Ca, Inland Empire, SoCal. No idea if you get huge volume discounts on hay, she would only get a half dozen bails at a time. Also in that area at the time farmers used to get subsidized water dirt cheap.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2021, 03:35 PM   #30
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I wonder if hay pricing is regional? I haven't known a pet horse owner since a sister of a girlfriend in the early 80's. I always seem to remember numbers, the good green alfalfa was like $8, that even makes that $18.94 number not look so bad. That was in Calimesa Ca, Inland Empire, SoCal. No idea if you get huge volume discounts on hay, she would only get a half dozen bails at a time. Also in that area at the time farmers used to get subsidized water dirt cheap.
No those prices are for bagged loose feeding oats and alfalfa pellets 50lb sacks... in the 80s here hay was .75 to 1.50 depending on cut. Few years back was feeding 50 head... today it's only 11 old souls but is now costing me about the same per month.

Last edited by OntheRail; 12-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: