Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #31
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
So, no forced jabs either....right?
and no illegal drugs if used in one's body
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2021, 06:45 AM   #32
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
you must love the JoeHo plan on taking most of it and redistributing to be more equitable
I’m retired. He’s not touching my money. Besides, I’m not a democrat.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #33
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The right to control their own body. The right to make decisions about their health and well-being without interference from the state. The right to decide when and if they want to start a family. The right to decide how many children they want to have in that family.
Well, now...you are contradicting yourself because in another thread when we conservatives borrow the pro-abortionists' slogan of "My Body, My Choice with respect to the covid jabs, you claimed that the phrase is narrowly limited to a woman's reproductive system. So, which is it, Mr. Duplicity: Is it that limited or is it now as broad as what you just wrote? And if the latter, how come everyone can't apply that slogan to the covid jabs? Why can't everyone make their own choices regarding their personal "health and well-being", with respect to the jabs? You preach autonomy for the woman but not for everyone else? Freedom for the woman, but not everyone else?

Secondly, the decisions about when or if to start a family should be made before a woman gets herself knocked up, don't you think? To decide after the fact to abort because the fetus is an inconvenience is premeditated murder given the principle that is taught in the Exodus 21 passage.

So... what part of that Exodus passage that I cited didn't you get, Mr. Choir Boy?
Old 12-03-2021, 04:44 PM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well, now...you are contradicting yourself because in another thread when we conservatives borrow the pro-abortionists' slogan of "My Body, My Choice with respect to the covid jabs, you claimed that the phrase is narrowly limited to a woman's reproductive system. So, which is it, Mr. Duplicity: Is it that limited or is it now as broad as what you just wrote? And if the latter, how come everyone can't apply that slogan to the covid jabs? Why can't everyone make their own choices regarding their personal "health and well-being", with respect to the jabs? You preach autonomy for the woman but not for everyone else? Freedom for the woman, but not everyone else?

Secondly, the decisions about when or if to start a family should be made before a woman gets herself knocked up, don't you think? To decide after the fact to abort because the fetus is an inconvenience is premeditated murder given the principle that is taught in the Exodus 21 passage.

So... what part of that Exodus passage that I cited didn't you get, Mr. Choir Boy?
Exodus 21:22-25 clearly refers to a case in which a third party causes a premature birth or miscarriage as the result of a fight between two or more men. Not only that, but the punishment is only a fine. It’s only when the injury goes beyond the loss of the unborn that more severe punishments are implemented. And the compensations are always awarded, not to the woman, but to the husband for damage to his property.

Exodus 21 is also where it says it’s OK to drive an Aul into a servant’s ear. I’m sure you would be all right with that even today.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #35
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Exodus 21:22-25 clearly refers to a case in which a third party causes a premature birth or miscarriage as the result of a fight between two or more men. Not only that, but the punishment is only a fine. It’s only when the injury goes beyond the loss of the unborn that more severe punishments are implemented. And the compensations are always awarded, not to the woman, but to the husband for damage to his property.

Exodus 21 is also where it says it’s OK to drive an Aul into a servant’s ear. I’m sure you would be all right with that even today.
That's not what the text says. Here it is:

Ex 21:22-25
22 "If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows.

So, if she gives birth prematurely and there is no serious injury, the offender gets fined. BUT...

23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
NIV

So, if the the fetus dies as a result of the pregnant woman getting hit, then the penalty is death! What part of life for life, don't you understand? There's nothing in the text that says anything about "beyond the loss of the unborn".

Obviously, a woman can give birth prematurely and the child could suffer little or no harm. But in other cases, a premature birth can be disastrous for the child.

In God's eyes human life in a womb is as human as life outside the womb.

Jer 1:5
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I KNEW you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

NIV

In other words God had personal, intimate knowledge of Jeremiah BEFORE he was even conceived! How much more, then, after he was conceived!? The Hebrew term for "knew" is quite powerful and is used in the OT to denote intimacy between a man and a woman.

Last edited by boxcar; 12-03-2021 at 05:18 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #36
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Sure, why don't you defend Breyer's stupid argument?
Can you post a link to the text of his argument?
Old 12-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #37
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Can you post a link to the text of his argument?
I did in the first post in this thread.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #38
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I did in the first post in this thread.
Did you? Following that link the only thing I find about Breyer is this.

Quote:
Justice Stephen Breyer argued that the court should be “more unwilling” to overrule what he called “watershed” precedents, so that the public does not think the justices are simply responding to political pressure.
Is this what you refer to?
Old 12-07-2021, 12:48 PM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Why is it that MEN are the overwhelming force behind this, NOT women, to which it is far more germane?
Because now Men can get PREGNANT...google it...

https://www.healthline.com/health/tr...0might%20think.
Old 12-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #40
boxcar

Quote:
Did you? Following that link the only thing I find about Breyer is this.

Is this what you refer to?
Congratulations!
Old 12-07-2021, 03:56 PM   #41
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Congratulations!
Why do you regard this argument as stupid?
Old 12-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Why do you regard this argument as stupid?
The better question is: Why can't you see it's stupid, not to mention downright arrogant?
Old 12-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #43
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The better question is: Why can't you see it's stupid, not to mention downright arrogant?
You've made two claims. The burden of proof is yours.
Old 12-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #44
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
To be fair...Boxcar is an expert on stupidity and arrogance so....
1mileto7Fcutback is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2021, 05:02 PM   #45
boxcar

Quote:
If you can't see the obvious, you won't understand it even if I explained it to you. Carry on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: