Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-23-2021, 10:35 AM   #16
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
MVR is an odd track.
Amen, brother. Gleefully discard what you think you know-and enter at your own risk.
mountainman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 11:45 AM   #17
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
MVR is an odd track. Having seen the post race interview, if that guy is cheating, we're all doomed. He could barely talk he was so overcome with emotion.
I'd like to see that, if you could point me in the right direction. I know of the guy, I'm sure he's as surprised as anyone that he'd even find himself in position to be in this race to begin with.

Last edited by rastajenk; 11-23-2021 at 11:47 AM.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
I'd like to see that, if you could point me in the right direction. I know of the guy, I'm sure he's as surprised as anyone that he'd even find himself in position to be in this race to begin with.
I saw it live. I checked the replay and it cuts off right before he talks unfortunately. I genuinely felt great for the guy, David Wilson, Jr.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #19
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Some horses love that hard Saratoga dirt........perhaps BY falls in that direction.
BTW:
The winner was terrible on paper.
I'm suggesting the 24 hour Drive Thru Pharmacy was in play.
Winner was really not that difficult to have when you consider the pace picture of this race. According to Twinspires (Bris)

12 horses in the race

7 E

5EP

no obvious closers in a race that screams for a closer, really only the 6 and 10 look like they may close in this race, unfortunately I bet the 6 who finished a well beaten third and then was DQ'd to boot. In retrospect, the 6 according to the AVG PACE figs was going to be a bit too close, which only left the 10.

Sorry for quality of the attachment, it is just a screen shot from my phone yesterday, the whole field wouldnt fit in the pic

Edit: Then again, they're all easy after the race is over!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211122-161731_Samsung Internet.jpg (174.2 KB, 19 views)
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 01:16 PM   #20
Maximillion

I wouldnt have bet him in there with someone else's money but he did have a race(s) on the track and he definitely looked better than the other 3 who did.

Last edited by Maximillion; 11-23-2021 at 01:19 PM.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #21
porchy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
The winner was terrible on paper....
Appears he was claimed for 12,500 in August. And again for 15,000 last month.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #22
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Winner was really not that difficult to have when you consider the pace picture of this race. According to Twinspires (Bris)

12 horses in the race

7 E

5EP

no obvious closers in a race that screams for a closer, really only the 6 and 10 look like they may close in this race, unfortunately I bet the 6 who finished a well beaten third and then was DQ'd to boot. In retrospect, the 6 according to the AVG PACE figs was going to be a bit too close, which only left the 10.

Sorry for quality of the attachment, it is just a screen shot from my phone yesterday, the whole field wouldnt fit in the pic

Edit: Then again, they're all easy after the race is over!!
You can always find a few reasons to bet a horse after the race. Did you bet him before? If so, great, hope you did. But mostly this kind of backfitting is an exercise in futility.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #23
mhaney0423

Quote:
You can always find a few reasons to bet a horse after the race. Did you bet him before? If so, great, hope you did. But mostly this kind of backfitting is an exercise in futility.
Thats essentially what I said in my post, read the edit, and no I did not have it because I bet straight win at noon eastern. I said in the post I didnt have it and I said I bet the 6 which finished third and was dq'd. If I had been watching the races live and betting exactas, which I sometimes do, I would have keyed the 6,10 on top of the ticket for reasons I mentioned earlier.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #24
the little guy

Quote:
At least he set you straight with his follow up post!

I know I'm convinced.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #25
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
At least he set you straight with his follow up post!

I know I'm convinced.
Not sure what that is supposed to mean, really not one to make stuff up on here, I think several people will vouch for that.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:42 PM   #26
dilanesp

Quote:
I once listened to my mother as we drove home from Santa Anita retroactively extolling the merits of Arcangues.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 06:49 PM   #27
the little guy

Quote:
Not sure what that is supposed to mean, really not one to make stuff up on here, I think several people will vouch for that.
I don't think you were lying. I think you believe it or you wouldn't have posted it.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #28
westernmassbob

The prices and winner in this race seem to overshadow the inquiry that was at the very least questionable. BTW the inquiry came in very late and no jocks objection . Anytime a jockey decides to close with a horse up the rail they take the chance of traffic trouble. In this race the 6 and 4 horse were both closing with the 6 horse getting first jump in traffic. In my opinion if this was not a stakes race I don’t think they make a change. I respect Mark’s opinion and would like to know how he feels about the change.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2021, 07:38 PM   #29
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I don't think you were lying. I think you believe it or you wouldn't have posted it.
So what exactly did you mean then, guess I was a bit confused.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #30
the little guy

Quote:
So what exactly did you mean then, guess I was a bit confused.
I, too, frequently don't understand posts here.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: