Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 11:43 AM   #7816
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Why is Gad so starved for adoration? Is this a reasonable mental state for an "all-powerful" and 'ever-loving' being to be in?
It is a reasonable state; for who possible could be greater than Yahweh? Did you create yourself?

Are you the pot going to pretend that you're greater than the Potter who made you?

Further, do you realize that at any moment - any moment at all -- the Potter could smash the pot out of existence? Your life isn't your own. At any moment, God could require your soul because he owns all souls.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #7817
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Gus, have you been able to read some of this free book below? It really is very interesting and I’ve already learned alot about the ancient Levitical sacrificial system having originated from the Canaanite system and for the most part identical with with...it basically proves that the Jewish system of sacrifice was just as pagan as the Canaanite system...I’d start reading on page 117...”sacrifices to the gods”

https://archive.org/stream/canaanite...hill#page/n235

P.s. there are tools on archive. Org to resize page and text for easier reading, try clicking the full page icon in the menu, or zoom.
You have it all backwards. Animal sacrifices took place in the Garden after the Fall. The Canaanites worshiped false gods (in fact demons) and offered sacrifices to them. After the Fall, all mankind became corrupt, including their religious practices.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #7818
boxcar

Quote:
My point is that even if I worked my entire life supporting orphans and widows it would all be moot IF I hadn’t acknowledged and accepted Christ in my life as Lord and Savior, then I would still be unsaved and risk perdition, right...? Such is the only way to glorify god...in your view.
What good you do for others does not atone for your sins. The vast majority of religions in the world subscribe to the "scales of justice" system of "salvation". If you do enough good works and weigh them on one scale and those works outweigh your sins on the other scale, then God becomes indebted to you because you have earned your way into heaven. A truly just God, therefore, in this scheme, is morally obligated to reward you.

But this system isn't taught anywhere in the bible. Another unique biblical teaching...
Old 08-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #7819
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Beg, borrow, steal or buy a dictionary.
I'm not going to play that game. Socrates said "the beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" and he did not mean beg, borrow, steal or buy a dictionary because they did not have dictionaries back then. So what do you mean by these terms? Or do you want me to define them?
Old 08-18-2018, 01:01 PM   #7820
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I'm not going to play that game. Socrates said "the beginning of wisdom is the definition of terms" and he did not mean beg, borrow, steal or buy a dictionary because they did not have dictionaries back then. So what do you mean by these terms? Or do you want me to define them?
Whatever the Soc said proves nothing.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #7821
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
What good you do for others does not atone for your sins. The vast majority of religions in the world subscribe to the "scales of justice" system of "salvation". If you do enough good works and weigh them on one scale and those works outweigh your sins on the other scale, then God becomes indebted to you because you have earned your way into heaven. A truly just God, therefore, in this scheme, is morally obligated to reward you.

But this system isn't taught anywhere in the bible. Another unique biblical teaching...
After reading about the Canaanite/ Jewish sacrificial system, I realize now that the death of Christ on the cross is just an extention of this system into a new time period.

The ancients would kill and offer animals, even babies and adults, in order to appease the deity, or as a substitute death for their own sins. Many of these were blood rites where they would smear the blood of the victim on both the altar and themselves in an act of expiation for forgiveness and atonement.

It was the origin of tribe/ community communing with the deity...they even would drink the blood and eat the flesh of the sacrificed animal...

The Leviticus laws required that the animal be without blemish...that is why Jesus had to be spotless and without sin...

And this is why Christians still eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus... they are still performing bizarre pagan rites of the canaanites and the Israelites from long ago...

Barbarous cultus of long ago lives on...
Old 08-18-2018, 01:38 PM   #7822
boxcar

Quote:
After reading about the Canaanite/ Jewish sacrificial system, I realize now that the death of Christ on the cross is just an extention of this system into a new time period.

The ancients would kill and offer animals, even babies and adults, in order to appease the deity, or as a substitute death for their own sins. Many of these were blood rites where they would smear the blood of the victim on both the altar and themselves in an act of expiation for forgiveness and atonement.

It was the origin of tribe/ community communing with the deity...they even would drink the blood and eat the flesh of the sacrificed animal...

The Leviticus laws required that the animal be without blemish...that is why Jesus had to be spotless and without sin...

And this is why Christians still eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus... they are still performing bizarre pagan rites of the canaanites and the Israelites from long ago...

Barbarous cultus of long ago lives on...
But the Leviticus system didn't offer up humans. Human sacrifices were an abomination to God.

Jer 7:31
31 They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire — something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.
NIV

The Leviticus system, however, certainly did prefigure the infinitely perfect sacrifice of God's Son. This one sacrifice has infinite value because Jesus was sinless -- the spotless Lamb of God.

Also, we can know with certainty that the Canaanites perverted the religious of sacrifice for atonement by reading Genesis 4. It's no small detail that Abel was murdered by his jealous brother Cain over the issue of sacrifice! Cain insisted on offering a perverse sacrifice to Yahweh, whereas Abel offered acceptable animal sacrifices. Cain knew that God rejected his self-made religion and religious ritual, and this angered him greatly against God and his brother. Since Cain couldn't murder Yahweh, he did the next best thing by murdering one of Yahweh's very own.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #7823
thaskalos

Quote:
Human sacrifices were an abomination to God.
Didn't God ask Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac?
Old 08-18-2018, 02:06 PM   #7824
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Better yet, didn’t god sacrifice HIS OWN SON...?
Old 08-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #7825
boxcar

Quote:
Yes...to test his faith. But didn't also the same God stop Abraham in time!?
Old 08-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #7826
boxcar

Quote:
Better yet, didn’t god sacrifice HIS OWN SON...?
Yes, and I explained why in my last post.

Any human sacrifice, in order to be acceptable to God, would have to be sinless. Jesus was the only one qualified. As I stated earlier, his righteousness is what made his sacrifice to be of infinite value to his Father. His sacrifice is of such inestimable value that if God wanted, he could have chosen to save all mankind, and even the fallen angels, by it.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #7827
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
His sacrifice is of such inestimable value that if God wanted, he could have chosen to save all mankind, and even the fallen angels, by it.

Now give the reason why God Almighty chose not to save all mankind.....
Old 08-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #7828
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes...to test his faith. But didn't also the same God stop Abraham in time!?
Yes...but by merely SUGGESTING such a thing to Abraham...it proves that such an act could not have been an "abomination to God". Why would God suggest an "abomination"?
Old 08-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #7829
thaskalos

Quote:
Whatever the Soc said proves nothing.
But what YOU say proves everything.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #7830
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, and I explained why in my last post.

Any human sacrifice, in order to be acceptable to God, would have to be sinless. Jesus was the only one qualified. As I stated earlier, his righteousness is what made his sacrifice to be of infinite value to his Father. His sacrifice is of such inestimable value that if God wanted, he could have chosen to save all mankind, and even the fallen angels, by it.
I never could figure out how sacrificing innocent people somehow make up for the sins of others...kind of like saying the holocaust gulag victims make up for the sins of hitler, Lenin, Stalin, etc...

Just kinda weird, sacrifice your innocent daughter to make up for the sins of someone else....justice?
Closed Thread