Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:02 AM   #631
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Maybe they should have a rebuttal before the announcement, pretty sure it would be the same thing.
Well she did.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #632
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
You are not listening very well to what he is saying. He wants a multipronged approach ... more border patrol agents, more judges and crews for asylum seekers (there is a backlog of near a million people), more fencing, ....
Listening to it all would not help his agenda.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #633
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He voted “present” 129 times in Illinois

He missed 25 % of U.S. Senate votes.

Laser focused huh?
He was a sharp as a banana, that one.
BUT, to those not that sharp, he appeared to be laser focused!
Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #634
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You know what I find amusing?
Those who keep ranting about Trump not delivering all of his promises, yet they did not want him to deliver any of them to begin with.

So gys, how about a matrix - showing, say, the last 4 presidents, their promises listed and Yes or No for each one?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:17 AM   #635
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Some day I hope you and Ely become business owners with responsibilities beyond just having a job. Then you'll see the difference between a policy opinion sterilized by academia and the real world.
You don't have a clue what I do or what my experience in the "real world" has been.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #636
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Some day I hope you and Ely become business owners with responsibilities beyond just having a job. Then you'll see the difference between a policy opinion sterilized by academia and the real world.
This is unbelievably funny man...
Old 01-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #637
elysiantraveller

When you put yourself in a corner there isn't really any way to get out...

Right wing media freaks out over "amnesty" so he has to assure them... while assuring Democrats "amnesty" is still on the table...

This is what happens when you pander to the fringe elements of the party Donald.

Old 01-20-2019, 12:13 PM   #638
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You don't have a clue what I do or what my experience in the "real world" has been.
Your posts speak for themselves. Sterile. Academic. Not first person.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #639
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
When you put yourself in a corner there isn't really any way to get out...

Right wing media freaks out over "amnesty" so he has to assure them... while assuring Democrats "amnesty" is still on the table...

This is what happens when you pander to the fringe elements of the party Donald.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...77510225727488
Maybe my reading comprehension is diminishing in my old age but I interpret Trump's message as 1) he doesn't have a problem with amnesty of illegals as long as he gets a bigger piece of cake out of it and 2) he's not planning on devoting extra resources to rooting out and expelling our undocumented brethen.

So is I right or is I wrong?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #640
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

I had a professor in grad school that gave open book exams. He said it was because life is open book.
Did he ever say if you don't know what you are talking about, stop talking about it?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #641
Clocker

Quote:
Your posts speak for themselves. Sterile. Academic. Not first person.
And that proves that I have had no "real world" experience? Do you think that discussions of economic policy should be less "academic" and more entertaining? My posts concerning economics and politics reflect my "academic" background (is that a dirty word now?) and many years of experience working in the public and private sector. Much of that work involved public policy and regulation.

But you dismiss the content of my posts based on my writing style? Don't give up your day job, you have no future as a literary critic.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #642
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Maybe my reading comprehension is diminishing in my old age but I interpret Trump's message as 1) he doesn't have a problem with amnesty of illegals as long as he gets a bigger piece of cake out of it and 2) he's not planning on devoting extra resources to rooting out and expelling our undocumented brethen.

So is I right or is I wrong?
The first part of the tweet is him assuring the far right that he isn't granting amnesty to illegals. Its pandering to the Coulter-types who took to social media yesterday attacking him for eve making the offer.

Immediately afterward he has to tell Democrats though that he is willing to consider amnesty if the price is high enough.

There is no way to reconcile those two statements without selling one group up the river.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #643
fast4522

Government shutdown is the thread, your academic background is worth nothing. Your relationship to Ely is noted and not valued here. Half of the country is still with President Donald J. Trump so your investments continue to be dependant on what markets do, your vote at elections counts more than your posts here against the President's policys. Those policys will continue for a minimum of two more years no matter what.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #644
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Trump is losing all this support. He will buckle you've said. He'll lose in 2020.

Trump wants to secure the country against the desire and wishes of all the Democrats, half the GOP, the Koch brothers and 98 per cent of the Trump haters on here.

Trump wants a safe, secure, free and prosperous country. Can't say the same for the rest, who want wide open borders, cheap labor, cities, schools and hospitals bankrupt thanks to millions of sick, illiterate, uneducated illegals invading our country.

And then there is the epidemic drug problem and terror threat that we have. Trump seems to be the only one mentioning these threats; the others aren't, especially those that want open borders. They say there is no threat.

The real trouble for the Trump haters, common sense deniers and lunatics is that Trump has a mandated US Constitutional right and duty to secure the borders, protect US citizens and create safe, free and prosperous America. And the rest of them do not.

Finally, in response to the Trump criticism by PA-OT's resident idiot-savant:

1--The longer this shutdown lasts, the stronger Trump actually gets, especially among Hispanics.

2--How is Trump losing again? In another ignorant analysis, you said Trump loses in 2020 because he won't win the states he won in 2016, such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc. Is that what you mean? Or will the country vote Trump out because the economy is great again? Or a wall is being built?? Or his economic and trade policies swell the Treasury with billions that didn't happen under Obama? Millions of citizens now working?

3--So, it truly doesn't matter that you think Trump is dumb. Who cares what you think? You should worry about how dumb you are, not Trump.
Red carded.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:47 PM   #645
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Government shutdown is the thread, your academic background is worth nothing. Your relationship to Ely is noted and not valued here. Half of the country is still with President Donald J. Trump so your investments continue to be dependant on what markets do, your vote at elections counts more than your posts here against the President's policys. Those policys will continue for a minimum of two more years no matter what.
I'm not the one that brought up my background, tucker did. A frequent tactic here: if you can't refute the content, attack the poster.

I didn't know that I had a relationship to Ely or why it matters. Yet another personal deflection from the issues.

Half the country is not with Trump. The last poll I saw was 55% disapprove, 40% approve.

Those policies will not continue for 2 more years if he can't work with the opposition, an ability he has never shown to date.