Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Tape Reader

Tote board software wanted

Hi All,

I would appreciate any advice/estimates I can get for having an auto-betting program programmed for me similar to what PA did with this link:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=53321

The desired program would scan the tote board at User Defined track, at different UD MTP, according to UD variables and automatically place bets at 0 MTP. (The auto betting part is essential as I usually scan for big prices, and can't afford to miss one.)

The program would be 100% tote board and read Win pool odds only.

As I am not a programmer, some sort of "easy language" for describing my User Defined variables would be greatly appreciated.

All bets would be of vertical nature: WPS, EX, TRI, SUPER, HI FIVE.

I currently have an account with NYRA.

Sincerely,

Tape Reader
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
Warren Henry
Once/Always

ME TOO

For any interested developer. I too want what he wants. However, mine can be generic. I just want to know techniques/procedures for accessing the tote data in real time and pushing bets back into the site(s).

Teach me how to do it, or do it for me. I will pay with real money or ego strokes -- whatever floats your boat.

In a former life, I was a programmer, so I shouldn't be too hard to teach.

In case you are interested in developing something that you can sell to the masses, be assured that my interest at this point is personal. I have no desire to provide this to anyone else without your permission.

The most important software is between your ears
Warren Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
Dave Schwartz

Warren,

At The Races Pro is what you want.

http://www.homebased2.com/atr/at_the_races.htm
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
Warren Henry
Once/Always

TY, TYVM

Thanks Dave,

I hadn't realized that ATR had interfaced to a betting site again (since Pinnacle).

I will have to study their docs and see if their software can be interfaced to what I want to develop so that my selection and wagering can be fully automated.

Warren

The most important software is between your ears
Warren Henry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
ryesteve

As long as this topic came up, the last time I asked, ATR said they can't scrape and save willl pay info. Is this still the case? And if so, does anyone know of an alternative?
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
markum77
Veteran

Can atr send straight to premier... or what sites !! Can it do max odds instead of min odds...
markum77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
arkansasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by markum77
Can atr send straight to premier... or what sites !! Can it do max odds instead of min odds...
I can do this with Excel where I import the tote board and send bets to a text file for upload

John
arkansasman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
spitthebit
spitthebit

ATR now has a feature that will create a text file that can be sent to the PTC file upload platform. It does not interface directly with PTC; instead it enables you to structure your ticket on ATR, and when you hit "Print" it creates the text file automatically in the format that PTC requires. You have to browse your machine to grab the file for submission to PTC.

Gary added this feature about a month ago at my request. I appreciate his responsiveness, and I'm quite pleased with its efficiency thus far.
spitthebit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
Tape Reader

Just to reiterate from my original post, as there may have been some unintentional dilution from other posts:

(The auto betting part is essential as I usually scan for big prices, and can't afford to miss one.)

I do not have the time nor the inclination to analyze graphs on each race. What P.A. did with the auto-bet is what I want.

Example:

Type in date:

Type in track(s):

Type in tote board conditions: (Hopefully some sort of "easy language" to describe my variables.)

Hit "START" and come back at the end of the day to see how much I won.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Well, I think I have everything you want except for the conditions that produce the "how much have I won" part....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
Tape Reader

Well, I think I have everything you want except for the conditions that produce the "how much have I won" part....

No problem PA. That's the part that I want to experiment with. How much do you want for your program?