Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-26-2024, 08:26 AM   #766
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
If we had the clear hindsight of con critics,
Covid lockdowns, etc., might have been done differently.
What? Maybe you need to revisit the threads back in March 2020 when many of us railed against the lockdown and masking and school closings. In real time not hindsight. We were right, but rather than just say that, you attempt to lump all of us into your groupthink.

Maybe next time stop hyperventilating and look at past results before making decisions. Question authority, like the left did for decades until the early 2000s. What happened to you guys?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 09:38 AM   #767
davew

I liked how Whitmer in Michigan outlawed the sale of garden seeds. Not sure if she was wanting to starve the population or what.

.. and now she is one of the contenders for demoncrat pres/vice.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 10:25 AM   #768
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I liked how Whitmer in Michigan outlawed the sale of garden seeds. Not sure if she was wanting to starve the population or what.

.. and now she is one of the contenders for demoncrat pres/vice.
Why did she do that may I ask?
Old 02-26-2024, 10:35 AM   #769
davew

not necessary? I do not understand, maybe one of the local dimwits can explain it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksib...h=749be49e5f80
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 10:48 AM   #770
MTO Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Speak for yourself dickhead.

The Dems forced us to close the economy. It cost me personally between 4-500 hundred thousand dollars in income.
The Dems forced us to close the economy, even though "the economy" (and your restaurant) closed during the Trump admin.. interesting..

Can you elaborate more on this point?
MTO Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 11:06 AM   #771
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Allow me, Ralph.

The STATES shut down the economy, EINTSTIEN.
Well, except for the elite few, Newsome, Pelosi, etc. who TOTALLY IGNORED the rules.

That is whystates like Florida did so much better.
In NY, TRUMP sent a HOSPITAL SHIP in to assist, but not a bed was ever used. Instead, our murderous governor sent patients to nursing home to kill thousands.

There is no debate on democrats DESTROYING the economy and the nazi teacher's union destroyinga generation of education.

But we all know, an educated electorate is the LAST thing dems want.

Remember, the trojan horse was a 2 week shutdown to bend the curve,
Trump wanted things to get back to normal by Easter 2020.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:24 AM   #772
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
The Dems forced us to close the economy, even though "the economy" (and your restaurant) closed during the Trump admin.. interesting..

Can you elaborate more on this point?
I have a business in Harris County Texas………the Republican Governor tried to avoid shut-downs and I was caught between the State Government and local government. My local health department shut everyone down. The county is run by idiot Democrats.

I was closed down twice for 45 days each time. March 17th until May 1st

July 15th until Sept 1st

It took us 1.5 years to return to normal sales volume etc.

My wife and I didn’t take a pay check for 15 months. Other places like Florida continued on…..fast food outlets were allowed to continue their drive thru business etc.

Here’s an example of the lunacy.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/a...irus-pandemic/

The Repubs were trying to keep us open. The Governor finally won out in court. But way too late

Last edited by JustRalph; 02-26-2024 at 11:25 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 11:53 AM   #773
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
The measles vaccination - one of the most successful in decades,
has not been given to children anywhere near the level it should be.
Who is responsible for that? Many of the same crowd who think that
embryos are people. DOTS ARE PEOPLE!!!

Keep killing kids by casting doubt on vaccines, cons.
All I can say is that sometimes you have to trust science.

TAKE THAT VAX!!!
Again, you love dead kids...so I fail to see the problem here.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:05 PM   #774
MTO Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I have a business in Harris County Texas………the Republican Governor tried to avoid shut-downs and I was caught between the State Government and local government. My local health department shut everyone down. The county is run by idiot Democrats.
Looks to me like your Republican Governor did his fair share of shutting shit down during the big Covid spikes:

https://www.hptx.org/923/Governor-Ab...utive-Action-T
MTO Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 01:24 PM   #775
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
Looks to me like your Republican Governor did his fair share of shutting shit down during the big Covid spikes:

https://www.hptx.org/923/Governor-Ab...utive-Action-T
It took Abbott 90 days to allow 75% capacity for restaurants. We ran a small business ourselves in dallas County, we had far, far more issues with dallas county restrictions than state restrictions. By late 2020 Abbott saw the light DeSantis saw. Open businesses, get back to normal

Dallas County lost my wife and I in the lockdowns. They sent Sheriff deputies to churches in April to monitor the parking lots and arrest anyone that had their car windows rolled down during outdoor services (indoor services were not permitted)

You can shit on yourself all you want. People that live here know who the oppressors were. Local Democrat entities that were heavy handed
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #776
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
It took Abbott 90 days to allow 75% capacity for restaurants. We ran a small business ourselves in dallas County, we had far, far more issues with dallas county restrictions than state restrictions. By late 2020 Abbott saw the light DeSantis saw. Open businesses, get back to normal

Dallas County lost my wife and I in the lockdowns. They sent Sheriff deputies to churches in April to monitor the parking lots and arrest anyone that had their car windows rolled down during outdoor services (indoor services were not permitted)

You can shit on yourself all you want. People that live here know who the oppressors were. Local Democrat entities that were heavy handed
Great reply with first hand account.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:21 PM   #777
Richie

Quote:

then all those people should be voting repubilican in the next cycle you would think?
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 03:23 PM   #778
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
then all those people should be voting repubilican in the next cycle you would think?
Most sane business owners already vote Republican. I think Thaskalos may be the only outlier. If you are referring to customers, then many of those are lemmings and go with the herd.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:12 PM   #779
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Tucker Carlson Interviews Steve Kirsch

Imo, Steve is right.

If there was nothing to hide the CDC would be transparent with the data (a little before the 15 minute mark.)

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 02-26-2024 at 07:17 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2024, 07:14 PM   #780
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Saved me from saying it! Perfect response