Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-14-2023, 05:42 PM   #1
lamboguy

RIP Dan Laxmeter

he was a good friend of mine through the years. he worked in the backstretch in Belmont Park, he wound up training a few horses on his own, i gave him some of mine to train.

anyway, he was diagnosed with leukemia a few years ago. turns out he never had leukemia, he had some type of blood clot and got treated for cancer. by the time they figured out he had a blood clot, they put him on the operating table and his heart gave out.

i always told him that these doctors often make bad diagnoses and the oncologists are under a lot of pressure from the hospitals they work for to stick their patients with poor treatments that often don't do anything but make you more sick.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2023, 06:20 PM   #2
myohmyjustify

Sorry for your loss of your friend.

The medical industry --hospital care and pharmacology-- has truly betrayed us these past few years and even decades. Medical decisions made by the hospital management companies are chosen more from your insurance policies and not your medical needs. It seems that way, anyway.

And thanks to the Covid vaccine lies more and more of us will no longer take any vaccine or shot because we no longer trust the gov't agencies and the Pfizers of the world that tells us we need these shots.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2023, 06:36 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote: I always told him that these doctors often make bad diagnoses and the oncologists are under a lot of pressure from the hospitals they work for to stick their patients with poor treatments that often don't do anything but make you more sick.

Leukemias are odd ducks and can change both rapidly and without known cause. I have been under treatment for bone marrow cancer for almost three years now and I have NEVER witnessed the above happening

A lot of pathology just happens in spite of all the competent interaction addressed to them. Happens RAPIDLY and symptomatically as well.

Just in the realm of my type of cancer conditions can change rapidly
Myelodysplastic syndrome include many subtypes and the nastiest of those Ulster is amyloplastic leukemia. Rational treatment means blood work weekly like i I have done now since May 2001

Read the very good book Cancer the Emperor of all Maladies to find out DIFFICULT this treatment was and still is today.. I was serialized on PBS and is available for viewing.

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/cancer-...-all-maladies/
Old 12-14-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Quote: I always told him that these doctors often make bad diagnoses and the oncologists are under a lot of pressure from the hospitals they work for to stick their patients with poor treatments that often don't do anything but make you more sick.

Leukemias are odd ducks and can change both rapidly and without known cause. I have been under treatment for bone marrow cancer for almost three years now and I have NEVER witnessed the above happening

A lot of pathology just happens in spite of all the competent interaction addressed to them. Happens RAPIDLY and symptomatically as well.

Myelodysplastic syndrome include many subtypes and the nastiest of those Ulster is amyloplastic leukemia. Rational treatment means blood work weekly like i I have done now since May 2001

Read the very good book Cancer the Emperor of all Maladies to find out DIFFICULT this treatment was and still is today.. I was serialized on PBS and is available for viewing.

Except he said his friend never had cancer. It was a misdiagnosed...and the misdiagnosis that cost him his friend and cost his friend his life.

But thanks for the info on cancer that did not apply to this story of medical incompetence (which appears to be RAMPANT...I've been seeing it for DECADES now, personally).

I hope you are one of the lucky ones and are able to beat your cancer.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:54 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

250-400k people are killed every year by Doctors who screw up.

Nobody gives a damn either
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2023, 07:34 PM   #6
lamboguy

i went for an annual checkup. i went to the same primary care physician that i went to the year before..
she did not listen to my heart with a stethoscope, she did not test my refluxes, and she did not stick a finger up my rear end to check my prostrate. she never laid a finger on me, but she did ask me about my living conditions and if i had any domestic violence against me. that was the end of the appointment. i asked her what about any blood and urine tests, she answered i don't need them, but if i wanted to get a basic set of tests i would have to pay $550 out of my pocket for the tests. i asked her what am i paying all this supplemental health insurance for, she said that's up to me. i almost forgot, when asked what pharmacy i go to for medications, i told her i don't take any..

the year before i had a higher blood pressure reading and she wanted to put me on a medication. i said no. i figured out that i was eating to much cheese and that was the reason why my blood pressure was a little high. this year it was better than normal and she asked me if i took anything to bring it down.

i wound up signing up for a nutrition study that did a comprehensive set of tests that i didn't have to pay for along with a more complete physical examination.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2023, 11:54 PM   #7
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Just out of curiosity, when did you get your first covid shot?
Old 12-15-2023, 06:21 AM   #8
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i went for an annual checkup. i went to the same primary care physician that i went to the year before..
she did not listen to my heart with a stethoscope, she did not test my refluxes, and she did not stick a finger up my rear end to check my prostrate. she never laid a finger on me, but she did ask me about my living conditions and if i had any domestic violence against me. that was the end of the appointment. i asked her what about any blood and urine tests, she answered i don't need them, but if i wanted to get a basic set of tests i would have to pay $550 out of my pocket for the tests. i asked her what am i paying all this supplemental health insurance for, she said that's up to me. i almost forgot, when asked what pharmacy i go to for medications, i told her i don't take any..

the year before i had a higher blood pressure reading and she wanted to put me on a medication. i said no. i figured out that i was eating to much cheese and that was the reason why my blood pressure was a little high. this year it was better than normal and she asked me if i took anything to bring it down.

i wound up signing up for a nutrition study that did a comprehensive set of tests that i didn't have to pay for along with a more complete physical examination.
agree, my doctor stopped all that too, and now has a premed student in there too, which doesn't bother me, but why go just to chat, now i get the blood test they do for physicals only, if the blood is good your ok, its all in the blood
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2023, 06:54 PM   #9
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
agree, my doctor stopped all that too, and now has a premed student in there too, which doesn't bother me, but why go just to chat, now i get the blood test they do for physicals only, if the blood is good your ok, its all in the blood
Unless you have other serious things going on some lifestyle changes you can work with a nutritionist plus better sleep, serious improvements in how you sleep can make a big difference. When you dump sugar & salt and limit bread a potato you will see a small weight drop that is not a yoyo thing. For me it also meant looking at all things baked like crackers & pretzels that should not enter the house anyway.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2023, 07:09 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

i wound up signing up for a nutrition study that did a comprehensive set of tests that i didn't have to pay for along with a more complete physical
examination.
Look at half of the doctors as flippers in a pinball machine, over half are liberals who no longer see the patient as a someone but more of a number. For these doctors who try to keep you to a set number of minutes or less and use time talking getting information for who they work for who sells that information along for profit for the practice group they are in. You if your smart will select an independent who is not from a hospital but has access to several hospitals. When they have actual connection to the one hospital nothing is independent and everything and anything will cost more. People with more than a few problems are with the heard and end up tied into a hospital and hidden costs and unfair billing.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2023, 08:37 AM   #11
king kong

M.D.s

Its the type of food you put in your mouth that is the biggest problem also photo finishes!!
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply