Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #31
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Hey, I got a great idea (yet again!). Let's federalize racing regulation...that'll clean things up, for sure.
Right. The horses would all have to wear helmets and pads, and would be limited in how many furlongs they could run per month in works and races. Jockeys could not use whips, but could hold a carrot on a stick out in front of the horse to get it to run faster. Each horse would have to have a qualified health care plan and a fully funded pension plan. About half the horses currently running would qualify for federal disability and would retire.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Right. The horses would all have to wear helmets and pads, and would be limited in how many furlongs they could run per month in works and races. Jockeys could not use whips, but could hold a carrot on a stick out in front of the horse to get it to run faster. Each horse would have to have a qualified health care plan and a fully funded pension plan. About half the horses currently running would qualify for federal disability and would retire.
And jocks would never get days, or trainers suspensions.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
The union, SEIU of course, would never allow it.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #34
cj's dad

What;s wrong with the govmn't Part II

I had a $100 US Postal Money Order made out to me. I went to the local PO this AM at 10:30. I was told that it could not be cashed because they had just opened and had no cash on hand. WHAT !! The 2 dopes behind the counter were arrogant, cocky, and flippant.

"This ain't no bank" said one.
"Good luck cashing that" said the other.

I went to a 2nd PO 5-6 miles away, same story.
"Don't you know we just opened"? I was asked.
"Yes, I do and I don't give a rats ass when you opened, this is a business isn't it?"

Now of course a serious attitude is shared by all so I left.

Is there such a thing as customer service when dealing with ANY branch of the Fed Govt.? I think not.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #35
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
I had a $100 US Postal Money Order made out to me. I went to the local PO this AM at 10:30. I was told that it could not be cashed because they had just opened and had no cash on hand. WHAT !! The 2 dopes behind the counter were arrogant, cocky, and flippant.

"Yes, I do and I don't give a rats ass when you opened, this is a business isn't it?"

Is there such a thing as customer service when dealing with ANY branch of the Fed Govt.? I think not.
USPS can be cashed in many countries.

Sierra Leone is on the list: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-order-popup.htm
Old 10-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #36
HUSKER55

the local post office here is also a big effing joke. UPS and Fed-x are doing real well.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #37
dartman51

Quote:

Well, you know, when Mostie retired, the whole USPS just went to hell in a hand basket.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #38
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
Some of them would; depends on their voting records.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #39
TJDave

Quote:

[YT="Can you ax somebody?"]m9bA9S0XmxQ[/YT]
Old 10-09-2014, 10:30 PM   #40
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Off topic (appropriately), why are clips like this and everything else I see on facebook recorded in cars? "Don't you people have homes?"
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #41
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Thanks TJDave- your video proved my point- It was like a remake of what I went through this morning. I was dealing with idiots with an attitude.

The USPS is a business. Businesses open with cash on hand, or at least they should do so,

I assume the USPS is not a business as they lose $$$ each and every year,
Old 10-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #42
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
A "Dairy" of a post office window clerk?

I'm on the road the last few days. Went into a post office in Houston and the stamp machine was out of order. The out of order sign was made out of an old piece of mail. The stamp/date on the piece of mail was April something. I bet it's been empty or broken since April
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 02:03 AM   #43
mostpost

Quote:

It has been almost ten years now so I don't remember exactly, but I am sure that window clerks-of which I was one-are allowed to keep considerably less than $100 in their drawer over night. If you came to my window when I had $100 or even $120 in cash on hand, I would tell you that I am sorry but I can not cash that money order at this time. I would not leave myself with no change with which to take care of my other customers.

In case you are wondering, no the two clerks could not combine their money to cash the money order. Each clerk's drawer is separate.

What I do not understand is how the Post Office could just be opening at 10:30 and the rude attitude of the clerks. I would never treat a customer that way and neither would any of the clerks I worked with.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #44
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
A "Dairy" of a post office window clerk?

I'm on the road the last few days. Went into a post office in Houston and the stamp machine was out of order. The out of order sign was made out of an old piece of mail. The stamp/date on the piece of mail was April something. I bet it's been empty or broken since April
What are you complaining about? It's only October.

If you find a machine that is working, that would be news. I'm pretty sure those machines are delivered to the offices Out Of Order.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #45
mostpost

Quote:
Thanks TJDave- your video proved my point- It was like a remake of what I went through this morning. I was dealing with idiots with an attitude.

The USPS is a business. Businesses open with cash on hand, or at least they should do so,

I assume the USPS is not a business as they lose $$$ each and every year,
I think the lady in the video acted perfectly fine. She explained the situation to the woman trying to cash the money order and the woman acted like a horses ass.

Businesses open with enough cash on hand to take care of typical business. Any money that is in that drawer is money that is not in the bank earning interest. If every office had $300 on hand when they opened that would be $9,000,000 that would not be drawing interest.

Believe me when I tell you there were very few days when anyone would come in to cash a money order of any amount, much less one for $300.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: