Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #1
Kash$
Veteran

Karl Broberg has 59 wins -106 starts.

Winning close to 60% of his races..funny...
Old 06-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #2
woodbinepmi

Have some friends in Louisiana who believe something is not right with this, he gets a horse that will be running Beyers in the 40's next couple races they improve 20 points. Then someone will claim them and it's right back to the 40's, and his winning percentage drops as soon as he is outside Louisiana.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
taxicab

Karl B.....Coming soon to a 24 hour drive through pharmacy near you.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
Have some friends in Louisiana who believe something is not right with this, he gets a horse that will be running Beyers in the 40's next couple races they improve 20 points. Then someone will claim them and it's right back to the 40's, and his winning percentage drops as soon as he is outside Louisiana.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...broberg-miyadi
Old 06-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
Kash$
Veteran

Evangeline..funny....
Old 06-11-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
Milkshaker

I enjoy following Delta/Evangeline nightly and at this point I refuse to bet on or against him.

So on a typical 10-race card, if he has 5 in, that's five races I just don't even look at.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #7
chadk66

when did the jockey club start doing this? I've never heard of this before. I'm glad to see it
Old 06-11-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
moneyandland

Quote:
Yeah he's only winning 40% in Iowa, 39% in Texas
Old 06-11-2015, 11:00 PM   #9
Milkshaker

From brobergracing.com (emphasis mine):

Broberg ended up buying a few horses and placing them with veteran trainer John Locke in 2007, and before long he was spending as much time as he could in the stable area...Taking over When Locke, a FORMER PRACTICING VETERINARIAN who saddled the winners of more than 1,200 races in the Southwest, started talking about retiring from training, Broberg saw his chance to finally get into racing with a ready-made stable. He made an offer to buy Locke out, including the sizable stable of runners that Locke owned...Broberg said “WE WERE ABLE TO GET THE RESULTS WITHOUT VERY MANY VET BILLS, and we did everything right without wasting money. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get that anywhere else."
Old 06-13-2015, 03:30 AM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Interesting how this trainer is pulling a 'chamberlain-esque' feat and yet there are barely any views or responses to this thread.

WHY?
Old 06-13-2015, 05:10 AM   #11
lamboguy

after watching Roger Engle destroy the Will Rodger's meet, i can now see that 50% and up winning percentage is possible. i never thought anyone could ever do it with the number of starts, but the game has proven me wrong once again.

as far as betting on these amazing stats, you are still a loser if you bet every single one of them, maybe even a bigger loser than if you were betting an 8% trainer every time out of the gate to win. what i generally do when these guys are in a race is make an odds model for show and bet either on or against them. it might be boring but at least i figured out ahead of time that since i am not in the know of these horse of these super stars i can't win betting win on them and they don't lose enough to make money betting against them either.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:36 AM   #12
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
Karl B.....Coming soon to a 24 hour drive through pharmacy near you.
he have violation history?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyandland
Yeah he's only winning 40% in Iowa, 39% in Texas
He was pretty dominant at Remington as well, deadly first off the claim of course.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #14
Track Phantom

Anyone have a way to see what was bet....?

Saturday, June 13, Canterbury Park Race 8 (Paul Bunyun Stakes). Karl Broberg shipped in #5 A Milky Way (7-2 morning line). It was a very evenly matched race, all looked like they had a chance.

In the gate, the #5 A Milky Way was 4-1. Mid-race, he dropped to 5-2. At the end, he was 3-2 and won like he was shot out of a canyon halfway through the race.

I'd love to know when and how much was bet late in the betting. If anyone can see this and share it, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #15
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:

But he hasnt been caught yet so what gives?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: