Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-26-2022, 05:48 PM   #1
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Jimmy's Idol is Dead

A sad day for him.

https://pagesix.com/2022/10/26/jerry...-at-87-report/
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 06:02 PM   #2
TJDave

Apparently not.

Thirteen-year-olds still not safe.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:10 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Do they even proof read and edit anymore? There are so many glaring mistakes in digital articles these days. It implied Johnny Cash was a rock star.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 06:57 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Do they even proof read and edit anymore? There are so many glaring mistakes in digital articles these days. It implied Johnny Cash was a rock star.
Johnny Cash posted 42 songs in the hot 100 billboard chart over his career.

I think that makes an argument for being a rock star. Most of them were middle of the charts, or less, but the Hot 100 is the chart of all genres.

The man was a damn legend. Not for just his music. He moved the needle big time in television too. When CBS threatened to fire him from his number one tv show he went out the next week and basically told them to eat shit.

He broke ground in lots of non musical ways. He lost several years to drug addiction. He told people to phuck off when they canceled his shows in the south, because they found out he was married to a black woman. He soldiered on.

He was an imperfect man, but he made a ton of noise in a turbulent life that ultimately made the world a better place. He found his place before god several years before he died and some of his best music came out of it. If you don’t think so, listen to “Gods gonna cut you down”

My favorite “when the man comes around” is a much deeper song that is a magnificent piece that covers lots of biblical ground.

Ask the famous R&R producers who worked with him in the end and I’m sure Rock Star makes their list of Johnny Cash labels
Old 10-26-2022, 06:59 PM   #5
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

I think that makes an argument for being a rock star. Most of them were middle of the charts, or less, but the Hot 100 is the chart of all genres.

The man was a damn legend. Not for just his music. He moved the needle big time in television too. When CBS threatened to fire him from his number one tv show he went out the next week and basically told them to eat shit.

He broke ground in lots of non musical ways. He lost several years to drug addiction. He told people to phuck off when they canceled his shows in the south, because they found out he was married to a black woman. He soldiered on.

He was an imperfect man, but he made a ton of noise in a turbulent life that ultimately made the world a better place. He found his place before god several years before he died and some of his best music came out of it. If you don’t think so, listen to “Gods gonna cut you down”

My favorite “when the man comes around” is a much deeper song that is a magnificent piece that covers lots of biblical ground.

Ask the famous R&R producers who worked with him in the end and I’m sure Rock Star makes their list of Johnny Cash labels
Correct. That man transcended genres!
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 07:21 PM   #6
TJDave

Quote:
He told people to phuck off when they canceled his shows in the south, because they found out he was married to a black woman. He soldiered on.
Amazing. First I’ve heard about this. Did He know beforehand?

I’m betting no.
Old 10-26-2022, 07:39 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:

My favorite by him!
Old 10-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

I must be genre challenged I don't see anything rock & roll in Johnny Cash he is old school county to me.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:11 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I must be genre challenged I don't see anything rock & roll in Johnny Cash he is old school county to me.
His cover video of the nine inch nails song “hurt” I think solidified it for lots of people

Old 10-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #10
mhaney0423

Quote:
His cover video of the nine inch nails song “hurt” I think solidified it for lots of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI
Didnt he do Rusty Cage by Soundgarden as well?
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 09:13 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Amazing. First I’ve heard about this. Did He know beforehand?

I’m betting no.
Check the pic in this article. I think it might answer your ?

https://www.texasstandard.org/storie...lls-her-story/
Old 10-26-2022, 09:31 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
And others

This is hilarious....

Old 10-26-2022, 09:57 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
My favorite by him!

My favorite, but he has a little help.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:10 PM   #14
jimmyb

I always saw JC as a country performer. Toured the Ryman Auditorium, which was the original Grand ole Opry. Nice tour, we were told Johnny was banned for kicking out the stage lights.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 10:15 PM   #15
fast4522

Nice rendition, it is cool it is captured with good quality. Many of really super artists have only so so quality to be viewed, happy to see this one.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply