Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #61
Hedevar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Agreed then moving forward every trainer with a failed drug test should be treated the same. 2 year suspension from Churchill, no BC races and banned from Nyra tracks. Correct?
You are asking for exactitudes where they do not exist.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 01:14 PM   #62
dilanesp

Quote:
No you have the wrong definition. Many trainers have had drug positives, yet they are not banned from the Derby, BC or Nyra tracks. That's the definition of discrimination. I'm not defending Baffert per se. I want consistency. Just like baseball. You either keep them all out of the Hall of Fame or you don't. You either ban trainers the same amount of time or you don't. This was a small infraction compared to others. It's a witch hunt, nothing more.
The reason a witch hunt is a witch hunt is because witchery shouldn't be illegal.

And no, you don't want "consistency". You want to excuse criminality. If OJ gets off for murder, we can't arrest anyone for murder.

I don't think you really believe your position. I don't think you would say "sure, let a criminal loose in my neighborhood because not every criminal gets caught". This is a special position that you only apply to Baffert. It's insincere, fatuous bunk.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #63
dilanesp

Quote:
Agreed then moving forward every trainer with a failed drug test should be treated the same. 2 year suspension from Churchill, no BC races and banned from Nyra tracks. Correct?
Fine with me. You get 2 years for a first offense in track and field.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:08 PM   #64
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedevar View Post
You are asking for exactitudes where they do not exist.
Well they should. Don't you think?
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #65
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The reason a witch hunt is a witch hunt is because witchery shouldn't be illegal.

And no, you don't want "consistency". You want to excuse criminality. If OJ gets off for murder, we can't arrest anyone for murder.

I don't think you really believe your position. I don't think you would say "sure, let a criminal loose in my neighborhood because not every criminal gets caught". This is a special position that you only apply to Baffert. It's insincere, fatuous bunk.
I do believe my position. I'm confused by yours. I don't want to excuse criminality. I want everyone held to the same standard, not picking and choosing who to ban. It's not a position I only hold Baffert to. I want everyone else held to the same standard they are trying to hold him to now. The next time a trainer has a horse test positive. I want him or her to also be banned from all Nyra tracks and Churchill for 2 years as well as any BC race. If they are not then they are discriminating against Baffert. I don't see how you could see it any other way. Why wasn't Drug O'neill banned? Pletcher, Mcpeek, Rudy Rodriguez have multiple drug violations, yet no bans. Could it be becaude they provide Nyra with a lot of entries? Probaby. Baffert is A California trainer. It doesn't affect their bottom line. Let's see what they do the next time Rudy or Todd comes up with a positive. My guess would be a short suspension along with a pocket change fine.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #66
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Fine with me. You get 2 years for a first offense in track and field.
Agreed. Then they will hide the results of the tests because there would be no trainers left. It's all politics and a PR move. They want to do it for good PR nothing more.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:30 PM   #67
Hedevar

Quote:
Well they should. Don't you think?
The US has 50 different states and all have their own laws and precedents. The federal government has its own laws and precedents. Enforcement actions cannot be completely uniform. There are always aggravating and mitigating factors. What you are asking for might be possible in Utopia, but it is not possible here. If I were Baffert, I would start searching for mitigating factors. Lotsa luck with that.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #68
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Now they have to prove it. Let's see where that goes. Good luck with that.
Ummm...Churchill Downs is doing that for them. Be careful who you root for...you get lumped in with them.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:59 PM   #69
Elkchester Road

Quote:
The chickens come home to roost.
^^^This^^^
Old 09-11-2021, 04:01 PM   #70
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW View Post
I can't believe the hate that I read in this thread, what has happened to the people in this country?
Get lost, Troll.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:16 PM   #71
dilanesp

Quote:
Agreed. Then they will hide the results of the tests because there would be no trainers left. It's all politics and a PR move. They want to do it for good PR nothing more.
FYI they race in other parts of the world where drug rules are enforced. It hasn't killed the sport.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:34 PM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Baffert isn't cheating with what he got caught for. Read the Navarro/Servis transcripts about testing.
This ain't his first rodeo. That's really the point, I believe. He's been suspended and caught a bunch of times...plus there are other suspicions that have swirled around him for years...
Old 09-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #73
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This ain't his first rodeo. That's really the point, I believe. He's been suspended and caught a bunch of times...plus there are other suspicions that have swirled around him for years...
That plus you don't mess with the Derby.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #74
The_Turf_Monster

It’s not the derby, you don’t mess with what the derby does to the breeding shed
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2021, 06:28 PM   #75
azeri98

Quote:
The US has 50 different states and all have their own laws and precedents. The federal government has its own laws and precedents. Enforcement actions cannot be completely uniform. There are always aggravating and mitigating factors. What you are asking for might be possible in Utopia, but it is not possible here. If I were Baffert, I would start searching for mitigating factors. Lotsa luck with that.
Ok then why is Nyra getting involved in what Baffert did at Churchill? What rules did Baffert violate in New York?