Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-31-2021, 12:28 PM   #31
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
Your post is absolute NONSENSE! Probably best if you didn't post about topics that you don't have a clue about. It doesn't add anything relevent to the discussion.

Perhaps, you could troll a different thread and take george.burns99 with you.
its all yours dude....say whatever you want...
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 12:32 PM   #32
mabred

where did they did up these jockeys??The handle has to be way off!!

mabred
mabred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #33
RunDustyRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
Your post is absolute NONSENSE! Probably best if you didn't post about topics that you don't have a clue about. It doesn't add anything relevent to the discussion.

Perhaps, you could troll a different thread and take george.burns99 with you.
What's nonsense? The fact that navarro and servis drugged their horses there or that Pimlico's handle was bigger yesterday while running three less races...keep watching every head on Mr. "Expert" and keep educating us...now get back to cleaning those monmouth stalls
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:04 PM   #34
A. Pineda

Old-timers might remember JEFFREY LEWIS, a 1968 foal by Real Good Deal. He was stabled in CA and raced without a whip, finishing ITM more often than not. (117 14-32-17 $145,077.)

Some bettors were reluctant to use him, even after he had recorded wins.

Change can be difficult.
A. Pineda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:10 PM   #35
jefftune

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pineda View Post
Old-timers might remember JEFFREY LEWIS, a 1968 foal by Real Good Deal. He was stabled in CA and raced without a whip, finishing ITM more often than not. (117 14-32-17 $145,077.)

Some bettors were reluctant to use him, even after he had recorded wins.

Change can be difficult.

Wow, I would have used him. My first and middle name is Jeffrey Lewis!
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #36
castaway01

Here's a few facts for all of the "experts":

1) Monmouth handle is way down. However...
2) The first two days of this holiday weekend had weather more like November than Memorial Day. It was frigid with strong northeast winds and rained most of Saturday and Sunday. Monmouth is one of the few tracks left that actually draws crowds on holiday weekends with people betting live. No one was going to attend in this god-awful weather.
3) Horses drift in the stretch of literally every race. Find me a race where everyone runs perfectly straight the whole way. You can hate the whip rule, but to act like horses haven't shifted in and out in the stretch for 100 years with the whip is just a flat-out lie.
4) I don't think the average fan cares about the whip---in fact, banning the whip is probably a positive for the casual fan, and that's who attends Monmouth on the usual 80 degrees and sunny summer holiday weekend. But they do care about the quality of the jockey, and if they think incompetent riders are up, they're less likely to bet.

The rest of it is, honestly, people who have no clue what it's like to be on a horse talking out their azzes. But these are skilled professionals, and if the normal jockey colony came back, the riders could adjust to not using a whip. The question will be if those riders not making their usual income wins out before fans not betting on the product.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #37
A. Pineda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftune View Post
Wow, I would have used him. My first and middle name is Jeffrey Lewis!
LOL. That could have been a very profitable angle for you.
A. Pineda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:37 PM   #38
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 02:48 PM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You're gonna have to convince me pretty hard that more restrictive whipping rules are going to cause gamblers to stop betting Monmouth.

No way, I say.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:12 PM   #40
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post

Remember this track allowed Navarro and Servis to pump whatever the hell they wanted into their horses but now they are for the horses and making things "safer." Check out the handle...way down...its been a joke track for years and now is even worse...won't get one cent from me.
Absolutely spot-on, RunDustyRun.

I like the Screen Name you use. I am originally from Lexington KY...and when I cut my teeth in Racing (early '80s) at Keeneland Race Course, Owner Verna Lehmann still raced a lot of horses then in the Colors of Golden Chance Farm. They were ridden by Mike Manganello.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:52 PM   #41
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDustyRun View Post
What's nonsense? The fact that navarro and servis drugged their horses there or that Pimlico's handle was bigger yesterday while running three less races...keep watching every head on Mr. "Expert" and keep educating us...now get back to cleaning those monmouth stalls
The NONSENSE is that you slander me by calling me disingenuous and a liar; as well as my ability to read how a race is run. You point to no objective evidence to contradict my post. Perfectly happy to have the discussion, by I cannot have some stranger attack my character. In this way, you have aptly earned the status of TROLL.

If you want to rail on Navarro and Servis, start a different thread or go to the one that currently exist.

As for the handle, I think castaway01 comments were well said and accurate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Here's a few facts for all of the "experts":

1) Monmouth handle is way down. However...
2) The first two days of this holiday weekend had weather more like November than Memorial Day. It was frigid with strong northeast winds and rained most of Saturday and Sunday. Monmouth is one of the few tracks left that actually draws crowds on holiday weekends with people betting live. No one was going to attend in this god-awful weather.
3) Horses drift in the stretch of literally every race. Find me a race where everyone runs perfectly straight the whole way. You can hate the whip rule, but to act like horses haven't shifted in and out in the stretch for 100 years with the whip is just a flat-out lie.
4) I don't think the average fan cares about the whip---in fact, banning the whip is probably a positive for the casual fan, and that's who attends Monmouth on the usual 80 degrees and sunny summer holiday weekend. But they do care about the quality of the jockey, and if they think incompetent riders are up, they're less likely to bet.
Hopefully, you will learn from the more informed members of this forum; and at some point feel educated enough to make coherent/objective post without attacking someone character. At that point, you will shed your TROLL status.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2021, 06:18 PM   #42
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're gonna have to convince me pretty hard that more restrictive whipping rules are going to cause gamblers to stop betting Monmouth.

No way, I say.
The Pimlico comp is not a good one for Mth. Typically Mth would easily out handle Maryland
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2021, 09:21 AM   #43
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

No way, I say.
There's no way this no whipping rule is going to have any impact on my betting at MTH. Even if I lose a race where I think a whip would have made a difference it's not going to change anything. It's all going to equal out. No one has any advantage without a whip other than maybe the strongest riders and I can ultimately weigh that in if necessary.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:51 AM   #44
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Many are not carrying them.
It’s the jocks choice whether or not to carry a crop.

I know one thing. If I am a jock I am carrying a crop.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #45
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
The Pimlico comp is not a good one for Mth. Typically Mth would easily out handle Maryland
I didn’t play one race or make one visit this past weekend for what it’s worth
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply