Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #1021
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I am still in favor of a balanced budget amendment, but i will take the soaring economy, full employment, reduced regulations, intelligent handling of the PAris Accords over that as more important.

Ely is a one ball juggler - he is not capable of more than one focused thought at a time. What he fails to understand is that under OBama, we had nothing good and still greatly raised the debt. With Trump, we are seeing dividends.

As I said before, a balanced budget is important, but not the top concern right now. When you get taken to the emergency room, the first thing they check is airway. Yo could have your arm severed and be bleeding out on the stretchers, but AIRWAY is #1. You can bleed longer than than you can go without breathing. That lesson comes printed on ball #2......
Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #1022
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I am still in favor of a balanced budget amendment, but i will take the soaring economy, full employment, reduced regulations, intelligent handling of the PAris Accords over that as more important.

Ely is a one ball juggler - he is not capable of more than one focused thought at a time. What he fails to understand is that under OBama, we had nothing good and still greatly raised the debt. With Trump, we are seeing dividends.

As I said before, a balanced budget is important, but not the top concern right now. When you get taken to the emergency room, the first thing they check is airway. Yo could have your arm severed and be bleeding out on the stretchers, but AIRWAY is #1. You can bleed longer than than you can go without breathing. That lesson comes printed on ball #2......
"The deficit was more important when we were at 7% unemployment then when we're at 3.7% unemployment."

- Tom paraphrased

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #1023
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
"The deficit was more important when we were at 7% unemployment then when we're at 3.7% unemployment."

- Tom paraphrased

3.3% with taxes coming in versus unemployed benefits with checks going out add up to BILLIONS
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2019, 10:31 PM   #1024
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
3.3% with taxes coming in versus unemployed benefits with checks going out add up to BILLIONS
And with that 3.7% unemployment rate we're running massive deficits.

Can you feel the winning?

I'm sure the next recession will help not hurt the deficit...

Thanks for making my point.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-09-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #1025
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
And with that 3.7% unemployment rate we're running massive deficits.
Perplexing to say the least.....FED should be raising interest rates and have huge tax surplus via consumer spending....But it's all a mirage, inverted yield curve, Fake news, Fake economy.

It's all upside down, totally illogical.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2019, 11:20 PM   #1026
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Perplexing to say the least.....FED should be raising interest rates and have huge tax surplus via consumer spending....But it's all a mirage, inverted yield curve, Fake news, Fake economy.

It's all upside down, totally illogical.
Not really...

Cutting taxes and increasing spending is a pretty surefire way to run a deficit.

Some pointed out tax cuts before this administration started spending any money should be met with skepticism.

To your post on interest rates I agree they should be raised but this doofus yells at the FED everytime they talk about it because he loves debt.... and his sheeple who bitched for years about low rates and QE suck it up now.

It doesn't matter anyway... old Republicanism is dead which is where this started a couple of pages back.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-09-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #1027
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

To ADD: Consumer debt just posted a record high crossing the $4 Trillion mark, and that EXCLUDES mortgages.....It's a debt slave nation, glad I'm not a part of it....

The Almighty got that through to me a long time ago...

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 07-09-2019 at 11:31 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 12:28 AM   #1028
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
To ADD: Consumer debt just posted a record high crossing the $4 Trillion mark, and that EXCLUDES mortgages.....It's a debt slave nation, glad I'm not a part of it....

The Almighty got that through to me a long time ago...
But fear not. Corporate profits are at record heights...so, that must mean that our economy is THRIVING!
Old 07-10-2019, 05:02 AM   #1029
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

From Forbes.

Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo.../#3008ff6b1af3

Old 07-10-2019, 05:03 AM   #1030
hcap

Whoop-di-do!!!
Go Chump
Old 07-10-2019, 05:29 AM   #1031
hcap

Even Drudge gets it.

DEBT PILES UP!
DEFICIT 25% HIGHER SINCE ELECTION

Make America's deficits great again
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...ts-great-again
Old 07-10-2019, 05:36 AM   #1032
hcap

Despite Trump’s frequent boasts that the current economy is the “greatest” in the history of the country.

During the first 29 full months that Trump has been in office, from February 2017 through June 2019, the economy created 5.61 million jobs, or about 194,000 per month, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

During Obama’s last 29 full months, from September 2014 to January 2017, the economy added 6.42 million new jobs, or about 221,000 per month.

Altogether, job growth under Trump is about 810,000 jobs short of what it was under Obama during the final part of his presidency.

Whoop-di-do!!!
Go Chump
Old 07-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #1033
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
President Trump still gets the lion's share of the credit for taking the stock market to new "record heights".
And rightfully so, considering many thought the world was going to end and all markets would crash if Trump were to be elected.

That was the FEAR MONGERING by democrats prior to the election. You conveniently forget such things. I don't.

Just like they told us John McCain was virtually on death's doorstep and we'll be stuck with a Palin presidency if we were to vote him into office.

It's a fun game, isn't it?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #1034
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And rightfully so, considering many thought the world was going to end and all markets would crash if Trump were to be elected.

That was the FEAR MONGERING by democrats prior to the election. You conveniently forget such things. I don't.

Just like they told us John McCain was virtually on death's doorstep and we'll be stuck with a Palin presidency if we were to vote him into office.

It's a fun game, isn't it?
Very sleight improvement compared to Obama.
https://www.financial-planning.com/o...rump-and-obama

Duh ! It's only a matter of time before I get insulted for posting charts.

Last edited by hcap; 07-10-2019 at 11:07 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #1035
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's only a matter of time...or not this TIME I guess:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/trum...ory%7C&par=msn

Trump wins dismissal of emoluments court case that challenged payments to his DC hotel by foreigners

Another failed INSURANCE PLAN clause

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-10-2019 at 11:19 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply