Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 06-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
barn32
tmrpots

Trump slams media for failing to cover nonexistent energy stock boom

"Among other good economic and markets news, Trump said the "drilling & energy sector" is "way up" since the election.

But if Trump's Oval Office desk isn't covered with articles detailing a boom in drilling and energy stocks, it's because there isn't one. These stocks have done terribly since the election."

Full Article

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-12-2017 at 01:24 PM. Reason: fixed URL
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...uarter-2-years

I'll take this.......
Old 06-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Come on Ralph, we all know coal is yesterday's news...everyone wants to talk about those booming solar startups like Solyndra....oh...wait a minute...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
"Among other good economic and markets news, Trump said the "drilling & energy sector" is "way up" since the election.

But if Trump's Oval Office desk isn't covered with articles detailing a boom in drilling and energy stocks, it's because there isn't one. These stocks have done terribly since the election."

Full Article
Come on barn... I would have thought even you would have known the difference between business and the economy and the stock market. While one may (but usually rarely) reflect one or another, they are two often distinct enterprises going in two divergent directions.

I'm not giving Trump a blind pass here, but for crissakes, he's only been president 5 or so months. If you must call him a failure -- which you incorrectly believe -- at least wait until June 2019, which I know you won't, when there are direct quantitative results of Trumpian economics in play.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Come on barn... I would have thought even you would have known the difference between business and the economy and the stock market. While one may (but usually rarely) reflect one or another, they are two often distinct enterprises going in two divergent directions.

I'm not giving Trump a blind pass here, but for crissakes, he's only been president 5 or so months. If you must call him a failure -- which you incorrectly believe -- at least wait until June 2019, which I know you won't, when there are direct quantitative results of Trumpian economics in play.
I didn't call anybody anything. I just quoted an article and provided the source.

But now I will proffer an opinion.

The reason I even posted this article is to point out that Trump (as usual) is fast and loose with the facts.

He thinks before he speaks, or as is the case here, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just makes stuff up hoping no one will notice. If you don't know what you are talking about you should keep your mouth shut.

[Do you really believe, 100% that he will testify before congress?]

As the article clearly stated the first parts of his tweet were spot on. The part about energy was a complete fabrication.

He would be better served if he talked (tweeted) less and governed more.

Intelligent people are paying attention.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Selectively, apparently.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Barn, find me a post in the last 8 years where you pointed out Obama being fast n loose with facts?
Old 06-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #8
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Barn, find me a post in the last 8 years where you pointed out Obama being fast n loose with facts?
During the 8 years of the Obama administration I never listened to one single word, speech or interview he said (had), nor did I ever turn on the news during that time let alone participate in any threads hitherto concerning said protagonist.

The only reason I am doing so now is because Trump is so goddamn entertaining.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't call anybody anything. I just quoted an article and provided the source.

But now I will proffer an opinion.

The reason I even posted this article is to point out that Trump (as usual) is fast and loose with the facts.

He thinks before he speaks, or as is the case here, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just makes stuff up hoping no one will notice. If you don't know what you are talking about you should keep your mouth shut.

[Do you really believe, 100% that he will testify before congress?]

As the article clearly stated the first parts of his tweet were spot on. The part about energy was a complete fabrication.

He would be better served if he talked (tweeted) less and governed more.

I agree with you: intelligent people are paying attention.

And it isn't those smartypants who worry about Trump 'tweeting' too much. Very lame criticism. As is he 'needs to govern more'. If you paid attention more you'd see all the things Trump has done to date, reversing Obama executive orders; making world-wide trade deals, of which Obama did none; making those idiots in the EU, wake up, in addition to getting them to pay more for their protection. Stomping the globalists from ditching the USA for places like mexico; slowing down illegal immigration.

barn, you need to get out into the real world more often and ignore dimwits like Nate Silver, and those Wash Post, NY Times typists.

There's a real world out there and Trump is one that is the engine. I don't care if you hate the guy, both he and I will do fine sans your support. Believe me we will.

Finally, just a word or two of advice ... even though you don't deserve any:

if you want to be a snark and insult people on here or even knock a public person like Trump, you need to up your game to a much higher level than what you've demonstrated to date.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply