Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: How do you feel about gun control laws?
Current laws infringe on our rights and should be weakened 21 17.80%
Current laws are just fine, thanks. We don't need anything more 28 23.73%
Current laws are not satisfactory, there are "common sense" adjustments that should be made 69 58.47%
Voters: 118. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #736
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I may have more knowledge from the theoretical.

That explains why you are so annoying.

Not knowing any better every once in a while I go round and round with electrical engineers on a manufacturing form that answer questions from a theoretical point of view on something they have never tried. They tell people they cannot do something that I have done myself with no issues. A common one is the issue how far one can exceed nameplate voltages on 3 phase AC spindle motors on manual machines and how unbalanced the voltages can be.

Picking a hypothetical example someone will post their phase converter produces voltages across phases of 252-236-240. They have a manual mill with a 2hp motor that has a voltage requirement of 220 +/- 10% listed in the instruction manual. They will ask if those voltages will work. A retired electrical engineer who hangs out in the electrical threads will respond with formulas on how to balance the voltages with capacitors, and then send a link to an expensive transformer capable of almost perfect voltages.

I tell the guy the mill will be fine as I have used worse voltages than that on manual equipment that has been used daily for over 20 years and the only time I lost a spindle motor was when a helper stalled the motor wrapping a rag around it when it was in a cut.

Of course Mr. Electrical Engineer comes back with more formulas explaining those voltages will kill a motor after only 40.53 hours of use. Of course never in his life has he ever tried any of his theories to prove them out, yet he will be adamant he is correct and start reciting all his qualifications.

Sometimes it works on paper, but not in real life, and other times the opposite is true.

Of course I would not recommend applying severely unbalanced out of range voltages to a 3 phase CNC of any type.

For those who haven't heard of them and I even have known electricians that never dealt with them a phase converter makes 3 phase power from single phase. They are used where 3 phase power is unavailable or too expensive.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:14 AM   #737
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.D.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
I may have more knowledge from the theoretical.
That explains why you are so annoying.
I said may. Your hyper sensitivity is what is annoying.
Ok, if it makes you feel better, yes you are theoretically smarter than I am

Old 07-29-2018, 02:59 PM   #738
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I said may. Your hyper sensitivity is what is annoying.
Ok, if it makes you feel better, yes you are theoretically smarter than I am

I am only hyper sensitive when people dish it out and cannot take it. You are the poster child for that problem. You cry when someone treats you the same way you treat them, on top of your delusional view of the world. It seems to be a problem with liberals these days, liberal hypocrisy is what I call it. You seem to have a severe case of that disease.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #739
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am only hyper sensitive when people dish it out and cannot take it. You are the poster child for that problem. You cry when someone treats you the same way you treat them, on top of your delusional view of the world. It seems to be a problem with liberals these days, liberal hypocrisy is what I call it. You seem to have a severe case of that disease.
YOU ARE A POSTER CHILD FOR A CRY BABY. I take it back I do know much more than you. Practically and theoretically.
I think you feel threatened when your imagined air of "authority is threatened. Oh well. Sorry poor baby

You are one gigantic dumb ass. I am through discussing anything with such a whining cry baby.

Back on ignore.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #740
Inner Dirt

Quote:
YOU ARE A POSTER CHILD FOR A CRY BABY. I take it back I do know much more than you. Practically and theoretically.
I think you feel threatened when your imagined air of "authority is threatened. Oh well. Sorry poor baby

You are one gigantic dumb ass. I am through discussing anything with such a whining cry baby.

Back on ignore.

I seriously hope you are posting from a mental institution, you are as delusional as the day is long. Why don't you just ignore everyone and go away.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: