Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
proximity

penn state........

nothing on here about penn state??

this has to be the biggest scandal in the history of college sports.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
thaskalos

Shocking revelations.

This is not just a "scandal"...it's a heinous crime!

If these charges are true, then everyone who knew about this and didn't act on it should be fired immediately...and all those involved in a cover-up should go to jail.

Like Jeremy Schaap said, not only will Joe Paterno's legacy be tarnished...it will be shredded.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-07-2011 at 02:13 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
llegend39
Veteran

Penn St

I dont think anything will happen to Joe PA He knew of 1 incident,reported it,it was up to those officials(who resigned) to take care of it Joe is bigger then god in Happy Valley I predict he survives
llegend39 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
I dont think anything will happen to Joe PA He knew of 1 incident,reported it,it was up to those officials(who resigned) to take care of it Joe is bigger then god in Happy Valley I predict he survives
Did you read the indictment? If not I suggest you read it before you claim "he reported it". He didn't report nothing to any authorities. Joe Pa knew exactly what was going on and he should be fired immediately. His defensive coordinator sexual assaulted from what we know now 10 kids. The head of finance has been charged with perjury, the AD is being charged with perjury, and for anyone to think its okay that Joe Pa knew about kids getting sexually assaulted and did nothing is wrong. His legacy is gone. How does a guy in his position think what he did was the right thing to do? These are 10 year old little kids that his defensive/ex defensive coordinator was abusing on campus and he knew about it and did nothing. Sandusky had an office at Penn State and until this weekend was allowed on campus. The leader of Penn State is Joe Paterno, if he doesn't step down he will be fired. These are kids who were being abused. Paterno could have taken action and everyone would of applauded him for bringing light to the situation. Instead he swept it under the rug and tried to protect his friend. The board of trustees need to grow a set of balls and do the right thing. The reputation of the whole university is at stake here.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
llegend39
Veteran

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManU918
Did you read the indictment? If not I suggest you read it before you claim "he reported it". He didn't report nothing to any authorities. Joe Pa knew exactly what was going on and he should be fired immediately. His defensive coordinator sexual assaulted from what we know now 10 kids. The head of finance has been charged with perjury, the AD is being charged with perjury, and for anyone to think its okay that Joe Pa knew about kids getting sexually assaulted and did nothing is wrong. His legacy is gone. How does a guy in his position think what he did was the right thing to do? These are 10 year old little kids that his defensive/ex defensive coordinator was abusing on campus and he knew about it and did nothing. Sandusky had an office at Penn State and until this weekend was allowed on campus. The leader of Penn State is Joe Paterno, if he doesn't step down he will be fired. These are kids who were being abused. Paterno could have taken action and everyone would of applauded him for bringing light to the situation. Instead he swept it under the rug and tried to protect his friend. The board of trustees need to grow a set of balls and do the right thing. The reputation of the whole university is at stake here.

one incident on campus 8-9 years the rest occurred through his work at his non-profit charity Where were those people? They didnt see anything?
Id keep Joe
llegend39 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
ManU918

Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
one incident on campus 8-9 years the rest occurred through his work at his non-profit charity Where were those people? They didnt see anything?
Id keep Joe
Stop replying until you read the 23 page indictment. Here is the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...t11052011.html
Old 11-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
slew101

Are you claiming he's at fault because he didn't report it to the police, only to school officials?

The feds have already said Paterno is not implicated in the case.

"Joe Paterno was a witness who cooperated and testified before the grand jury," said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for the state attorney general's office. "He's not a suspect."

Quote:
Stop replying until you read the 23 page indictment. Here is the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...t11052011.html
slew101 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew101
Are you claiming he's at fault because he didn't report it to the police, only to school officials?

"Joe Paterno was a witness who cooperated and testified before the grand jury," said Nils Frederiksen, a spokesman for the state attorney general's office. "He's not a suspect."
This was a nine year investigation. What you're seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg. My guess is that Paterno was promised immunity for his cooperation.

The bottom line is that Paterno did nothing even though he knew this guy was a sexual predator who ran a children's charity.

Paterno should resign immediately or be fired.

I agree that this is by far the worst scandal in the history of college sports.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

He is no naive kid. If I knew something like that and reported it to school officials, you can be damn sure I would follow up and see what is being done about it. I'm sure I would have went to police in the first place though.

Last edited by cj; 11-07-2011 at 01:16 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
ManU918

Quote:

So your in work, you walk into the bathroom and there goes one of your co-workers anally raping a 10 year old boy, you go to HR? Lets say you do go to HR and a week later this guy is still working with the company, your not going to call the police because you reported it to HR?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
thaskalos

A nine-year investigation into allegations of the rape of young children...and Sandusky was only barred from the University on November 6th...2011?

Some learning institution Penn State turned out to be...
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
Ocala Mike

penn state........

Here's a "take" on it. Guess that's why the place is called "Happy Valley" where everyone sees no evil, hears no evil, and speaks no evil even when evil is right under their noses.

http://ology.com/sports/scandal-happ...anduskys-abuse

Ocala Mike
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
Canarsie

Quote:
So your in work, you walk into the bathroom and there goes one of your co-workers anally raping a 10 year old boy, you go to HR? Lets say you do go to HR and a week later this guy is still working with the company, your not going to call the police because you reported it to HR?

I can't read all this stuff it makes we want to throw up. One thing I have always said is a child "predator" deserves the death sentence they can never be rehabilitated.

But they're reporting nine years? How could they let behavior like this go on nine seconds once they have the facts. Seems to me lots of heads should roll including a bunch of people in enforcement and the legal community.

If I saw an adult abusing a child like that I wouldn't have to report him. They would have to charge me with criminal "assault".

Quite a few decades ago I was in a book store and a mother was hitting and abusing her child right in the store. I went over to her and said " you realize there are child abuse laws in this state and you are violating them". She gave some angry loud response and left in a huff. Till this day I think of that child and hope he turned out ok.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Where are the victims, and why is this story breaking now?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Where are the victims, and why is this story breaking now?

Read the indictment. They testified to the grand jury. They will again. Joe looks like shit here, no matter how you slice it.

I think he must have obviously hid behind the skirt do AD. So far it's worked for him. The graduate assistant that went directly to Paterno gave graphic detail in his account to Paterno. You can't tell me Paterno doesn't know the campus Chief of Police. He should have made an immediate phone call to Chief of police, then his AD and let it go from there. End of story.

Horsing around? Get real. Theses guys all put children at risk.

In what world does Jim Tressel and others who violated NCAA rules get fired and Jopaw survive this?
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply