Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 AM   #1051
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
is the spell check only on my computer?
I'll fix my spelling as soon as SPECIAL K is confirmed.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:04 AM   #1052
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Attempted rape...not that I read anywhere...this is the problem with you guys.

You WAY overreach. Gonna bite your attempted rape ASS any day now.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:10 AM   #1053
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Can say with near-absolute-certainty you've never read any Alinsky.
you are wrong again - some pertinent excerpts

Tactics

The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.
The fourth rule carries within it the fifth the rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. it is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:11 AM   #1054
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Interesting: Delayjf just accused you of voting for Clinton, even after the rape allegations by multiple women emerged; an accusation that you, apparently, feel was an insult and is, assumingly, not true. You must feel that your stellar character was impugned, as well. What a shame!

Well now, why not save face and prove to us that you didn't vote for that dirty-old-man, Clinton. In fact, I think it would behoove you to hire a private investigator just so that we can be sure that there is nothing even more sinister in your past; otherwise, I have no choice but to believe your accuser.

So tell us, Burls, did you vote for Clinton? Yes? No? If no, PROVE IT!
This is precisely why we need the FBI to do a thorough investigation of the matter, MR.
We need a trained, professional, disinterested team of investigators to get to the bottom of this.
It makes no sense to pointlessly limit our consideration of this important issue to the testimony of two parties that will just contradict each other.
We need to shed as much light on this issue as we possibly can if we are interested in arriving at the truth here.
And surely that's what we want to do, get as much relevant information as possible so that we are in the best position to make an informed decision on this important matter.

What?
Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley want to "ram this through" as quickly as possible.
Why?
It's as if they aren't even interested in the truth here.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:12 AM   #1055
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Attempted rape...not that I read anywhere...this is the problem with you guys.

You WAY overreach. Gonna bite your attempted rape ASS any day now.
wait, they were underage so it must be statutory attempt (depending if she remembers what state she was in and what the laws are in that state)
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #1056
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
FBI investigation is just another delay tactic. They can't find anything on a rather FLIMSY case (or cases, depending on who you talk to) over 30 years old...and the press is already doing their job for them by hunting everyone they can down and trying to get them on the record.

So what, exactly, do you think would happen if the FBI got involved, other than more delays which is exactly what you and the Dems want.
Well, the first thing would be to interview the Yale students who were discussing their concern about Kavanaugh's SC nomination after 'the incident'. Get everyone "on the record" fully aware that lying to the FBI is a felony. Mark Judge should definitely be subpoenaed. So should his girlfriend. As many parties present at both of the alleged events as can be located should be interviewed.
I think it would come out pretty quickly that Brett Kavanaugh has been lying about how squeaky clean he was in high school and university. That doesn't show he is guilty of what the accusers claim. But it would show that he's not averse to lying. If he is completely innocent, why is he lying about his past? Worse, why is he lying during the process of a SC nomination?
Dorms are pretty tight knit communities. I think a lot of truth can be gleaned by some detailed interviewing of the right parties, on the record, subpoenaed if necessary, fully aware that lying to an FBI agent is a felony.
There's a start.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:45 AM   #1057
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
I think a lot of truth can be gleaned by some detailed interviewing of the right parties, on the record, subpoenaed if necessary, fully aware that lying to an FBI agent is a felony.
There's a start.

Enjoy your last few days of fantasyland, as nothing that your scheming and dreaming will come to pass.....Most importantly, get a real life Sport.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 01:53 AM   #1058
lamboguy

i am in shock that they are going to have this stupid hearing. they should just take the vote and let Kavanaugh's die already and go on and find another nominee. i highly doubt that he has enough votes to get through now and after the inquiry he probably will have less.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 02:59 AM   #1059
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
This is precisely why we need the FBI to do a thorough investigation of the matter, MR.
We need a trained, professional, disinterested team of investigators to get to the bottom of this.
It makes no sense to pointlessly limit our consideration of this important issue to the testimony of two parties that will just contradict each other.
We need to shed as much light on this issue as we possibly can if we are interested in arriving at the truth here.
And surely that's what we want to do, get as much relevant information as possible so that we are in the best position to make an informed decision on this important matter.

What?
Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley want to "ram this through" as quickly as possible.
Why?
It's as if they aren't even interested in the truth here.
I hope you understand that my post was purely sarcasm. Could you ever prove whom you voted for? Could Kananaugh ever prove his innocence? When accused, should either of you even have the burden of proof? Some of your Demo officials seem to think so. Is that how you would like to see this democracy twisted? And, should only Kavanaugh be investigated? Really?

The problem, Burls, is that this revelation came way too late not to believe that this vague, at best, accusation was just another Demo ploy to delay this particular SC nomination (would have been any) and to continue with the planned operation to 'obstruct' Trump's agenda at any cost. It is so obvious, to me, and I'll venture to guess, to millions of others.

Above all, I DO believe that Kavanaugh is innocent. The more that the Demos protest; the more that the Demos joke; the more that the Demos mock, name-call, demean the stronger my convictions become. Add to that Ford's joke of a lawyer, Michael Avenatti, and now his new 36-hour revelation. The amphitheater is almost complete...just waiting on the lions to tear this decent man to pieces. Be sure take pride in your pride!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 07:15 AM   #1060
Andy Asaro

Arizona prosecutor is GOP choice to question Kavanaugh and Ford

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/artic...o-13258105.php

Excerpt:

Mitchell, the sex crimes bureau chief for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in Phoenix, will query the two at Thursday's highly anticipated Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. A registered Republican, Mitchell has worked for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office for 26 years.

In enlisting Mitchell to join their staff, Republican senators are taking an unusual step. They are turning to her to ask what are expected to be personal and potentially painful questions about the woman's youth on live television, sparing the all-male panel of 11 Republican senators on the committee some uncomfortable exchanges that could sway the public's opinion about the session.

"The majority members have followed the bipartisan recommendation to hire as staff counsel for the committee an experienced career sex-crimes prosecutor to question the witnesses at Thursday's hearing," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said in a statement. "The goal is to de-politicize the process and get to the truth, instead of grandstanding and giving senators an opportunity to launch their presidential campaigns."

He added, "I'm very appreciative that Rachel Mitchell has stepped forward to serve in this important and serious role."

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 09-26-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #1061
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Arizona prosecutor is GOP choice to question Kavanaugh and Ford

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/artic...o-13258105.php

Excerpt:

Mitchell, the sex crimes bureau chief for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in Phoenix, will query the two at Thursday's highly anticipated Senate Judiciary Committee hearing. A registered Republican, Mitchell has worked for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office for 26 years.

In enlisting Mitchell to join their staff, Republican senators are taking an unusual step. They are turning to her to ask what are expected to be personal and potentially painful questions about the woman's youth on live television, sparing the all-male panel of 11 Republican senators on the committee some uncomfortable exchanges that could sway the public's opinion about the session.

"The majority members have followed the bipartisan recommendation to hire as staff counsel for the committee an experienced career sex-crimes prosecutor to question the witnesses at Thursday's hearing," Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, said in a statement. "The goal is to de-politicize the process and get to the truth, instead of grandstanding and giving senators an opportunity to launch their presidential campaigns."

He added, "I'm very appreciative that Rachel Mitchell has stepped forward to serve in this important and serious role."
why waste the money on this lady coming from 3000 miles away. she is not going to save him, this guy is gonzo, go to the next case already.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:30 AM   #1062
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas.

You don't really hate what's right that much, do you?

How low are you willing to go?
Put you on ignore
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2018, 07:31 AM   #1063
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
why waste the money on this lady coming from 3000 miles away. she is not going to save him, this guy is gonzo, go to the next case already.
You didn't get the memo...(although you are EXACTLY right I'm thinking)....gotta save face...they have elections to win...and they can't just blow it off now...plus they can't seem unsympathetic...(even tho they are...I would be too if some-one waited 30 years)...and the female lawyer can ask questions they wouldn't dare...political suicide in today's political correctness climate for any senator to do so...
Old 09-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #1064
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
You didn't get the memo...(although you are EXACTLY right I'm thinking)....gotta save face...they have elections to win...and they can't just blow it off now...plus they can't seem unsympathetic...(even tho they are...I would be too if some-one waited 30 years)...and the female lawyer can ask questions they wouldn't dare...political suicide in today's political correctness climate for any senator to do so...
the one thing i did learn from this whole fiasco is that they need to get rid of Feinstein and McConnel immediately, and then start on the rest of them that carried on throughout this whole ordeal in playing the public like fools.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:18 AM   #1065
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

Is she flying? I would think that Ford's attorney should insist that fairness dictates that the questioner also be afraid of flying.