Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 12:47 AM   #16
The_Turf_Monster

The subsequent lawsuit from MS' owners looks comical right now. It's almost like CD knew what was happening
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 01:10 AM   #17
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Turf_Monster View Post
The subsequent lawsuit from MS' owners looks comical right now. It's almost like CD knew what was happening
I highly doubt this. The feds would have never told anyone in CD or state regulators what was up. Way too many of those folks are buddies with the horsemen.

The DQ happened honestly. MS took out three horses on the far turn and had to come down.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 03:28 AM   #18
deelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Let me ask you this.
On the first Saturday in May 2019, how many of the 20 horses
that went to post for the KY Derby ran the race with zero enhancers?
Medication...all of them

Enhancers as in altering red blood cells to hold more oxygen than your rivals and turn a 16k claimer into a monster? Just one that we know of for sure.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #19
46zilzal
velocitician

Soren Kierkegaard Quotes:
"Once you label me you negate me."
Old 03-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #20
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Country House was "vindicated". He still lucked out either way. He managed to cross the wire in front of other horses exactly ONCE in his life. Even the much maligned Giacomo and Mine That Bird got to the finish first more than he did.
No one was beating Mine That Bird that day. He blew their doors off. No one has run a better derby since then.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #21
castaway01

"Vindicate" is the wrong word, but for all of the whining after Max Security came down, it turned out to be better for racing that a drugged horse didn't win the Derby. So justice was done anyway.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 03:04 PM   #22
Appy

I would think that all those crying for vindication (save for the owners) the window payoff should have been sufficient.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #23
theotherside

Maximum Baloney

I think it's a little ridiculous to think the drugging turned what many are considering a common horse into the superstar he is.Did the drugging help a little sure that I wouldn't deny.But to win at the highest level of the game because of PED'S I doubt it.
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #24
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherside View Post
I think it's a little ridiculous to think the drugging turned what many are considering a common horse into the superstar he is.Did the drugging help a little sure that I wouldn't deny.But to win at the highest level of the game because of PED'S I doubt it.
PEDs can only do so much. The horse has to have some real talent. But they can make a fringe stakes horse a G1 winner. It isn't even really debatable.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 12:31 AM   #25
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherside View Post
100% agree. I use a lot of pedigree stuff in addition to regular data in races like KY Derby and he had the goods. (so did Country House and Code of Honor, which is how I played it with 1 or 2 others thrown in).

So, no, Max Sec is no claimer/fringe stakes type and that was obvious before he ran in the Derby. Truth be told though, I did not want him to win because I'm not a Servis fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
PEDs can only do so much. The horse has to have some real talent. But they can make a fringe stakes horse a G1 winner. It isn't even really debatable.
I think you meant to type "can't".

Last edited by clicknow; 03-11-2020 at 12:34 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
100% agree. I use a lot of pedigree stuff in addition to regular data in races like KY Derby and he had the goods. (so did Country House and Code of Honor, which is how I played it with 1 or 2 others thrown in).

So, no, Max Sec is no claimer/fringe stakes type and that was obvious before he ran in the Derby. Truth be told though, I did not want him to win because I'm not a Servis fan.

I think you meant to type "can't".
I meant can. PEDs can turn a fringe stakes horse into a G1 winner. A 5k claimer, no, but a stakes horse, absolutely.

If you are reading this board and haven't watched Icarus on Netflix, you should.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply