Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
WinterTriangle

when the touts don't tout

You get horses like Joanie's Catch. If you followed regularly, and used in exotics or did a w/p/s at least, you're bankroll would be fatter ---16 starts, ITM in 14 !!!
Yet the horse keeps going off at ridiculous odds.

Davona 2nd $12.20
Forward Gal 2nd $30.20
Old Hat 2nd $32.20
Sandpiper 2nd
Boyds 3rd
Joe O Farrel 2nd $5.00
My Dear Girl 2nd
Brave Raj 1st $25.60
Florida Stallion 2nd $7.00
JJ's Dream 3rd $7.60
MSW 3rd $6.60
MSW 2nd $3.60
MSW 3rd $9.00
MSW off the board
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
You get horses like Joanie's Catch. If you followed regularly, and used in exotics or did a w/p/s at least, you're bankroll would be fatter ---16 starts, ITM in 14 !!!
Yet the horse keeps going off at ridiculous odds.

Davona 2nd $12.20
Forward Gal 2nd $30.20
Old Hat 2nd $32.20
Sandpiper 2nd
Boyds 3rd
Joe O Farrel 2nd $5.00
My Dear Girl 2nd
Brave Raj 1st $25.60
Florida Stallion 2nd $7.00
JJ's Dream 3rd $7.60
MSW 3rd $6.60
MSW 2nd $3.60
MSW 3rd $9.00
MSW off the board
Talk about slipping thru the cracks.....What do you suppose drives the prices? Slow works/connections/breeding? Seems to be going up the ladder as well....looks like a horse that may hang in the stretch, or is just a tad over their head, and runs hard.....who knows
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Talk about slipping thru the cracks.....What do you suppose drives the prices? Slow works/connections/breeding? Seems to be going up the ladder as well....looks like a horse that may hang in the stretch, or is just a tad over their head, and runs hard.....who knows
Tons of these around. I keep a list of "shows up ITM" horses in my virtual stable, they are my bread-and-butter plays......I'm sure we all have our favorite under-the-radars we make $$ on:

Sky Marni is another one. Here's his last few races, I keep hitting myself when I see the odds, jumping for joy:
$8.20 Win (this weekend)
$14.40 Win
$3.00 2nd
off the board
$7.60 Win
$6.40 Win
$4.00 2nd
Palomeres Stakes off the board
$62.00 (!!) Win Starter Allow

Do you have any you keep in your stable? I keep about 10 that always show up, sometimes I just spot play for place or show. Most of them are good for at least a whole season, sometimes more.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Yeah, I blew that one. "Knew" the 1 would win but put Bickersons and the 7 underneath in the exacta as I figured Bickersons would do the fade and the 7 would be charging late. That horse is an exacta player's best friend and I'm an exacta player and didn't use her. Shame on me that. It's like when I told everyone to make sure to use Youmzain underneath in the Arc last year and then only used him underneath in the cheap tri, not in the exacta I hit much harder. Made money, but didn't even listen to my own advice.

My favorite all time exacta horse was Dynever. That guy could finish 2nd at any distance...and pretty much did.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
WinterTriangle

OTM yeah, your horse was a good one!

Oh, here's another one of my stable staples: King of Speed. He's 10 years old.
He won again today. He always shows up.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Tons of these around. I keep a list of "shows up ITM" horses in my virtual stable, they are my bread-and-butter plays......I'm sure we all have our favorite under-the-radars we make $$ on:

Sky Marni is another one. Here's his last few races, I keep hitting myself when I see the odds, jumping for joy:
$8.20 Win (this weekend)
$14.40 Win
$3.00 2nd
off the board
$7.60 Win
$6.40 Win
$4.00 2nd
Palomeres Stakes off the board
$62.00 (!!) Win Starter Allow

Do you have any you keep in your stable? I keep about 10 that always show up, sometimes I just spot play for place or show. Most of them are good for at least a whole season, sometimes more.
The ones I have kept in my stable show up sometimes, and sometimes they don't. And I am greatful if they last the whole season, as well. Did I mention the feed bills?
All that aside, I keep a virtual stable of 2-3 yr olds every year, and target the TC and fall races. If one retires, I delete it, and keep them if they continue training. Equibase informs me of their works, and entries. If I feel its worth a look, I mull it over for a day or so, and then fire away.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: