Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:47 AM   #2176
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Has anyone been checking the top SPEED BLAST horses @ LRC and TUP? Both are sizzling fast tracks--and both (I don't have it in front of me at the moment)-both have had longshot winners that were tops on speed blast- the last day they were racing. LRC yesterday and Turf Paradise Wed.

Okay I remember the horse @ TUP was THE NEVADAN ...anyway I did notice he had a big speed gap and was 10-1 ML. So you know I put that one down for a bet right?

Noooooooooo. I did no such thing. He won for fun--paid $25 or so. Now I gotta look up the horse at LRC:

3rd race yesterday- BADASMYWIFELETSMEB $39.60

That doesn't mean bet anything that's tops on speed blast--but it does look good for a longshot, if you can find one. Turf Paradise has one going today--I didn't look at that one very well yet. It's the 4th Race JAZZY J H 20-1 you'll have to check it out.

I wrote down a super box for the 8th race LOL. I play these so infrequently, I don't even remember what a .20 cent 4 horse super box costs--$4.80? Something like that...it's not a lot. once I write it down...I have to play it

And finally---two 1-92 plays---these haven't scored in awhile--but ask Vegas Boy a.k.a UPTHECREEK...these hit like 5 over $30 payoffs---out of 6 plays, one was over $60, a while back.
So we're a long way from tappin' out on this one:

LRC RACE 8 ABEL TASMAN 8-1

AQ RACE 7 GALARDANADO 8-1

I'm about tapped out on typing. Good luck today ya'all--if you're in the pick-4 contest--and never played it before..don't even sweat it, just have fun.

The quiet ones are the experts as you'll find out. The blowhards won't even make the leaderboard. It's a long contest---NCG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOP2 POWER.JPG (91.5 KB, 372 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 06:07 AM   #2177
reckless
Veteran

I like Pace-View Platinum a lot, but I rarely use it for Spot Plays. In races that interest me, I just rank the top 4-5 in Power, Ability, E2, Late, and Speed. Whatever horse(s) shows up the best, I give a look. Sometimes you'd be shocked at the prices of some the winners that rank 1-2 in a majority of the categories I look at.

I always model the race day winners to look for any added clues, especially since I primarily play Parx, the goofiest circuit in the country but one place where you can make some great money if you do the work.

As a promise to Greg, I'll list some horses at Parx as possible Spot Plays.

Spot Play parameters: Horse must rank No. 1 in Power and show up in at least two other Spot Play categories.

Parx, Saturday, 12-10-16
:

Race 2: #6, Peri Wan, 9-2, and figures in Best Bet and Speed Blast.

Race 4: #8, Jazzy Java, 3-1, and figures in Best Bet, Lone Speed, and 1mile+.

Race 5: #2, Andrew L, 4-1, and figures in Best Bet and High Class.

Race 7: #1, Image, 7-2, and figures in Best Bet and Lone Speed.

Race 8: #1, Trulamo, 10-1, and figures in 1-92 Late and Longshot.

This is the first time I will play races solely using some Spot Play angle. I'll bet all these horses to win and place, regardless of odds since this is a test.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:22 AM   #2178
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
I like Pace-View Platinum a lot, but I rarely use it for Spot Plays. In races that interest me, I just rank the top 4-5 in Power, Ability, E2, Late, and Speed. Whatever horse(s) shows up the best, I give a look. Sometimes you'd be shocked at the prices of some the winners that rank 1-2 in a majority of the categories I look at.

I always model the race day winners to look for any added clues, especially since I primarily play Parx, the goofiest circuit in the country but one place where you can make some great money if you do the work.

As a promise to Greg, I'll list some horses at Parx as possible Spot Plays.

Spot Play parameters: Horse must rank No. 1 in Power and show up in at least two other Spot Play categories.

Parx, Saturday, 12-10-16
:

Race 2: #6, Peri Wan, 9-2, and figures in Best Bet and Speed Blast.

Race 4: #8, Jazzy Java, 3-1, and figures in Best Bet, Lone Speed, and 1mile+.

Race 5: #2, Andrew L, 4-1, and figures in Best Bet and High Class.

Race 7: #1, Image, 7-2, and figures in Best Bet and Lone Speed.

Race 8: #1, Trulamo, 10-1, and figures in 1-92 Late and Longshot.

This is the first time I will play races solely using some Spot Play angle. I'll bet all these horses to win and place, regardless of odds since this is a test.
Race 8:. Gotta agree with #1-Trulamo. He was much the class in his last and I thought he coasted by easily like he was having a ball. Not sure he even needed the whip, but I haven't watched the replay. 10-1 seems very unlikely though.(edit): forgot to add he's almost a lone speed improvement horse at +12. I also like two pattern pattern horses to get involved; the #7-Miss Kalem, 12-1 and the #5-Harlan's Belle, 20-1. Back on #1-Trulamo, I'm not wild about the jockey change to Pennington.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 12-10-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #2179
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Has anyone been checking the top SPEED BLAST horses @ LRC and TUP? Both are sizzling fast tracks--and both (I don't have it in front of me at the moment)-both have had longshot winners that were tops on speed blast- the last day they were racing. LRC yesterday and Turf Paradise Wed.
For what its worth gonna give you a ready made excuse if this turns on its head the next couple of days. Main track was closed Thursday for maintenance and times on works have seemed a little slower than usual (not exactly a scientific analysis) so might play a little deeper and more tiring for a little while anyway until the sun and feet can pack it back into cement.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 12-10-2016, 03:38 PM   #2180
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst
Race 8:. Gotta agree with #1-Trulamo. He was much the class in his last and I thought he coasted by easily like he was having a ball. Not sure he even needed the whip, but I haven't watched the replay. 10-1 seems very unlikely though.(edit): forgot to add he's almost a lone speed improvement horse at +12. I also like two pattern pattern horses to get involved; the #7-Miss Kalem, 12-1 and the #5-Harlan's Belle, 20-1. Back on #1-Trulamo, I'm not wild about the jockey change to Pennington.
#5 scratch. Put #4 in with 1/7/4
Old 12-10-2016, 05:37 PM   #2181
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
... Turf Paradise has one going today--I didn't look at that one very well yet. It's the 4th Race JAZZY J H 20-1 you'll have to check it out.

If you didn't watch the race, watch it. When your Jazzy J H re-emerges from the pile to run up for second, I really had to wonder if my vision had gone completely. What an odd trip and effort. Might want to tab her on your mail and go back for more next time if she's in with a crew like that again. Not so sure my non-existent performance ratings wouldn't wind up landing with a better rating for her than for the winner.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 12-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #2182
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
If you didn't watch the race, watch it. When your Jazzy J H re-emerges from the pile to run up for second, I really had to wonder if my vision had gone completely. What an odd trip and effort. Might want to tab her on your mail and go back for more next time if she's in with a crew like that again. Not so sure my non-existent performance ratings wouldn't wind up landing with a better rating for her than for the winner.

I didn't see it yet...I've been stuck on second-itis for awhile so been backing my horses with place bets--this one paid off so I'm not crying at least. The other 1-92 horse @ AQ also ran second.

Remember this from a couple posts back for TUP:

"I wrote down a super box for the 8th race LOL. I play these so infrequently, I don't even remember what a .20 cent 4 horse super box costs--$4.80? Something like that...it's not a lot. once I write it down...I have to play it"

Well the dang thing came in--so I'm probably 1 for 1 on supers since um...halloween?

COMPLETED:e37f0-d16fcTUP#8 $0.20 Superfecta BX, 1, 6, 8, 9 $4.80 $63.32 + 58.52

yes sir---the superfecta king, that's me. haha I never hit those.

*btw..... were the top 4 ability of the 8th race

I did hit the contest Pick-4 6X today...I'll show you an easy way to play it with very little handicapping--if anyone's interested. I'll put that method up later on tonight. You do need a copy of PLATINUM for the method.

How did the PARX DEPT do today? Didn't get a chance to check yet. That track you can be a genius one day---and look like a complete fool the next.

Right now I'm trying an experiment where---just by looking a the last few running lines--I'm trying to select likely winners. All based on trainer moves. I can't see any works--don't even know who the trainer/jock is--just the purse values, dates, and running lines of a horse's past few races.
Might be interesting.

BBL--NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 12-10-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #2183
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This is from the same post yesterday----bet a hunny no one but me had this too

"And finally---two 1-92 plays---these haven't scored in awhile--but ask Vegas Boy a.k.a UPTHECREEK...these hit like 5 over $30 payoffs---out of 6 plays, one was over $60, a while back.
So we're a long way from tappin' out on this one:

LRC RACE 8 ABEL TASMAN 8-1

AQ RACE 7 GALARDANADO 8-1"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABEL TASMAN LRC.JPG (51.3 KB, 320 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 04:21 AM   #2184
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

1:AM Pacific....just now getting into 'capping for Sunday. Hopefully can get a chance to show that pick-4 method I mentioned earlier--it'll take a while to show it.

One of the new progs I'm working on--TRAINER MOVES--has a cool feature I like--it has the same Past Performances for each horse..but it also has, with the click of a button...a"PastPerf" button that shows every horse in that particular race's last 5 or 6 running lines---all at once on one screen. Very cool.

You know I like to look for suspicious distance switchbacks-mysterious class raises/then drops below, etc. I'll show below what it looks like right now...then continue on--had to crop this down...an image with a bunch of text appears huge to this forum's 2001 software
1ST RACE LRC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Images
File Type: jpg QUICK PP'S.JPG (275.9 KB, 310 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 05:14 AM   #2185
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Here are two races that look good enough--with only the last few running lines for info--to make small wagers. I bypassed Maiden races.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LRC.jpg (284.2 KB, 306 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 06:27 AM   #2186
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I didn't notice TRULAMO @ Parx was an "1-92" play, until Mr Reckless pointed it out. Was 10-1 ML, went off @ 4-1 and ran 2nd. Those plays have been very profitable---you saw the LRC $27 score yesterday. The 1-92 is just a refinement on the old EARLY/LATE...it's easily found with your Platinum program, although the new prog has it programmed in.(when available)

I used PACE VIEW PRO for this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LRC.jpg (214.3 KB, 304 views)
Old 12-11-2016, 11:11 AM   #2187
green80

[QUOTE=NorCalGreg]Has anyone been checking the top SPEED BLAST horses @ LRC and TUP? Both are sizzling fast tracks--and both (I don't have it in front of me at the moment)-both have had longshot winners that were tops on speed blast- the last day they were racing. LRC yesterday and Turf Paradise Wed....

Where is LRC? The way TUP is running now, all you have to do it take the top power horse.

Last edited by green80; 12-11-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:44 AM   #2188
Bennie

green - LRC is Los Alamitos Race Course, the stop over between the Delmar and Santa Anita meets
Old 12-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #2189
green80

Thanks Bennie, last time I played Los Alamitos they were LA or something. At the top of my form it says La Rochelle, wherever that is. All California horses though, must be the right place. Had it confused with Los Alamos, I remember a track there many years ago.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #2190
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Used to be a track down in there somewhere--POMONA.

It closed down before Hollywood....I've never heard of the other track you mentioned.

Where's mikesal? He's been in hiding as usual---especially now that Petty-and-the-Jets are making Fidel Kaepernick look like Johnny U.
Closed Thread