Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #31
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Any projections on what you guys believe Hence's odds might be if he makes it to the starting gate on Derby day. Just curious to hear some opinions. I can't help but to be a little bit excited about this one!!
In my humble opinion, he'll be around 22/1 to 25/1. If he is the supposed "wise guy" horse that it already seems he might be, he'll be 15/1 to 17/1 or so.

Again, just my humble opinion of over 25 years of wagering on the race.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #32
Vinnie

Thank you Lemon Drop:

All that I can say is I truly hope that you are correct in your assessment. I would love to see him at or around such projected odds. I would be all over that. Of course, that is if the race were to be going off right now....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 12:55 PM   #33
PowerUpPaynter

i like him a lot more north of 20-1 than 15-1. If he's 15-1 and Gunnevera is 12-1 Gunnevera is a better bet. They are so similar in so many ways and Gunnevera is more polished and has run in better class.

Both have Buckpasser in the X, Hence also has Raise A Native sire line. Gunnevera ran his last eight in 12 1/5 while Hence ran is in 12 2/5, Gunnevera ran his final 3/8 in 36 1/5 and Hence ran his in 37 3/5, both have made 3 starts at age 3. Gunnevera won 1 of those 3 and finished in the money all three times. Hence won 2 of those 3 and finished in the money twice.

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 04-16-2017 at 01:10 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #34
Vinnie

Excellent points made. I am of the belief whether it is properly founded or not that Hence may be at the point of peaking at just about the right time for a superb effort on Derby Day. However, on the other hand, who really knows when it comes to these precocious young horses who are literally maturing at the passing of each day...

Vinnie

Old 04-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #35
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Excellent points made. I am of the belief whether it is properly founded or not that Hence may be at the point of peaking at just about the right time for a superb effort on Derby Day. However, on the other hand, who really knows when it comes to these precocious young horses who are literally maturing at the passing of each day...
Great stuff Vinnie. Put a smile to my face on such a great day. Very poetic and well said.

I think we'll all enjoy this Derby. Win, lose, in between, or whatever. This is what I believe this often criticized point system was to bring about. Chaos, and a real field of 3YO 10F potential winners. And in 2017, we have it.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #36
Vinnie

Thank you sir. I am glad that you liked it. This is a wonderful time of year regardless of the myriad of things that are currently going on, and, it is also an excellent time to get excited about the races in general. Just like you said pretty much, whatever the outcome may be, I am thrilled to currently have the prospect of such a wide open field for this year's Derby. How many years past have we had several horses that have far and away stood out from the rest of the prospective participants? Far too many than I care to remember if you ask me!!

I just wanted to tell you sir, "GO HUSKERS"!! I grew up in Omaha, NE and played baseball at former Kearney State College back in the Mid 80's. Love Lincoln and miss my old stomping grounds in Nebraska. Have a great day and enjoy the races.

Vinnie

Old 04-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #37
Secondbest

Does anybody have any concerns regarding his layoff? The derby will be six weeks off since sunland.Can his trainer get him fit enough off works to go the distance.?What about the rider? I'm not familiar with him?
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #38
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Does anybody have any concerns regarding his layoff? The derby will be six weeks off since sunland.Can his trainer get him fit enough off works to go the distance.?What about the rider? I'm not familiar with him?
i have concerns about where he'll be on the track. if he's in the third grouping he'll be having cocktails w/ gunnevera at the very back. but unlike him i do think he can be up closer if he wanted to. but that doesn;t mean he will..lol
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #39
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Not me.

Concerns have to be his dud in the Southwest (yeah, I was a race early on betting him) Was then shipped to Sunland for easier going.

While that race has showed up big and a supposed "key" race, connections were obviously looking to backdoor this guy in.

Then you have the whole bounce problem. He ran is eyeballs out in his last. Will he improve or regress? Most horses do the latter in their next out after a top end career best effort without backing on their past form.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #40
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
i have concerns about where he'll be on the track. if he's in the third grouping he'll be having cocktails w/ gunnevera at the very back. but unlike him i do think he can be up closer if he wanted to. but that doesn;t mean he will..lol

I see Hence as a Gin and Tonic. Maybe even a Mojito.

Gunnevera is a Budweiser with a shot of Jack.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #41
Secondbest

Going to see how he works. I am not a trainer but a 7f work ala Baffert would be nice. If he takes to the track he's a must put in exotics.But it's still a way to go until the race. We will see
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #42
boys at tosconova

boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #43
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
If you want an image to appear at FULL SIZE without mucking up the board, simply save it to your PC and upload it to your post as an attachment (scroll down while entering a new post and look for the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button)
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2017, 12:42 AM   #44
MNslappy

Hence, highest last race fig in the BRIS pps.

Hence 103
Irish War Cry 102
Always Dreaming 102
Irap 100
Girvin 99

Last edited by MNslappy; 04-18-2017 at 12:47 AM.
MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2017, 03:02 AM   #45
lamboguy

HENCE is going to be what my derby prayer's are going to be about this year. i am usually on an Assmussen horse in that race every year, i was all over GUNRUNNER last year. i invested in CURLIN heavily as well. one of these years Steve is going to get his win.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: