Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-13-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
Andrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Rewatched the Southwest again tonight. Not much positive in that from him. I guess no video of any of his other races?
You should be able to find video of all his races on the net, Paynter. Whether it be on the bloodhorse or somewhere else. Check out his "adventurous" maiden win when you get the chance.
Andrick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #17
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrick View Post
You should be able to find video of all his races on the net, Paynter. Whether it be on the bloodhorse or somewhere else. Check out his "adventurous" maiden win when you get the chance.
ah found it. good ole google... hell of a stretch run, what the hell caused him to duck in like that? but he ducked in and had to restart and won. thats pretty impressive.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2017, 10:17 PM   #18
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
You are still ducking and missing it.
From the looks of it, I don't want to catch whatever it is that's afflicting you.

Quote:
Mediocre closers can't close in fast fractions. A fast pace strands them.
If by "fast pace" you mean quality horses that can carry their speed, I agree. We saw that in the Southwest, when a mediocre closer like Hence failed to make up any ground on the quality One Liner, who was stretching out for the first time.

Quote:
Mediocre closers can stalk(and getting into the technicalities of lengths back is also not the point) a mediocre pace and overwhelm mediocre speed.
If by "mediocre speed" you mean lesser quality horses that "pop and stop", I agree. We saw that in the Sunland Derby, when a mediocre closer like Hence went by the cheap speed of Bronze Age and Hedge Fund.

Sorry for "getting into technicalities" with regards to running position. I guess it wouldn't have mattered if Hence was only a couple lengths off the fast pace. I'm sure that wouldn't have affected his stretch punch at all.

Quote:
What I am pointing out is far removed from your dumb dumb point about basic pace setups.
No kidding. Your stuff is far removed from anything that has to do with reality. In fact, I'd rather take a dum-dum to the temple then read any more of this...

Quote:
And you have a dumb dumb interpretation of stamina. You ignored the precocity aspect of it and are directly using the generic AWD and the skills of the sire as a rationale basis.
No, I'm pretty sure I mentioned the sire's progeny, too.

Quote:
Street Boss gets a 2** stamina rating on Helm/Progressive index and has AP Indy as a damsire influence who gets a 1**T. About as stamina oriented as you can get.
Wow, an integer, a capital letter, and a pair of asterisks. Who cares what his other offspring have done (or not done) on the track. I'm sold.

Quote:
That he has gotten better at longer is more important than this hair splitting anyway but your rationale is wrong regardless.
He also gets better the cheaper he goes. Saratoga>Churchill>Oaklawn>Sunland Park. He'll be swimming upstream next time out.

Quote:
Anyway I play horses not whiffle ball. Bring your big boy bat and learn some $hit before you come at me with these generic Playschool tools!
Screw that. I need an orbitoclast and a mallet for this mess.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 03:50 AM   #19
boys at tosconova

cincy- Street Boss gets a 2** stamina rating on Helm/Progressive index and has AP Indy as a damsire influence who gets a 1**T. About as stamina oriented as you can get.

spalding-"Wow, an integer, a capital letter, and a pair of asterisks. Who cares what his other offspring have done (or not done) on the track. I'm sold"

cincy- That he has gotten better at longer is more important than this hair splitting anyway but your rationale is wrong regardless.

spalding- "He also gets better the cheaper he goes. Saratoga>Churchill>Oaklawn>Sunland Park. He'll be swimming upstream next time out."

boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 03:54 AM   #20
CincyHorseplayer

You think links are going to get you out of this?! Very funny KD social justice dumbass!

Try again!

CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 04:04 AM   #21
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
You think links are going to get you out of this?! Very funny KD social justice dumbass!

Try again!

i think you need to find a new word other than dumb. you're single handedly ruining that word for all of us with your retorts.

the hence thread is really taking shape
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 04:17 AM   #22
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
i think you need to find a new word other than dumb. you're single handedly ruining that word for all of us with your retorts.

the hence thread is really taking shape
For all intents and purposes we are banging it up. I think I have a contender not a winner. Love the sword rattling! We have been banging against the wall of ideas. I say dumb only because it's 1 race. Only because why?

You fight so awesome. Not having it over here!

Anyway whatever. Let's jam!

Old 04-14-2017, 10:32 AM   #23
PowerUpPaynter

Conquest Mo Money has the highest 2017 routing speed figure in the Arkansas Derby on BRIS - -if runs a good one im gonna love Hence even more
Old 04-14-2017, 01:35 PM   #24
CincyHorseplayer

Absolutely the love the Puritanical ideas when it comes to Triple Crown contenders! And the word dumb is definitely apropos! Plenty of good passion to go round with the TC on deck. But reading these posts every day wow! I don't doubt the intelligence but there isn't much experience in the analysis. There are holes in every handicapping theory. Don't dig in when someone pokes those holes in them. Anyway great racing today. Let's get at it boys!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #25
MNslappy

Very low TimeForm fig.

BUT, I rewatched the Sunland Derby a few times and I walk away more a lot more impressed than I was after watching it live the first time. Looks like a horse that could jump up and be right there if he gets the trip.

Just like Irap, I'm not sure what I'll do with Hence. This is a fun Derby to dissect.
MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #26
PowerUpPaynter

Over 25-1 you gotta just make the win bet and focus on others in exotics. thats what im hoping for
Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
PowerUpPaynter

Conquest Mo Money finished 2nd in the Arkansas Derby and Irap won the Bluegrass. Both beaten by Hence in the Sunland.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:59 AM   #28
MNslappy

I'm pretty sure he tweeted this right after the Arkansas Derby

Quote:
@andyserling

Someone has to say it.....the Sunland Derby may have been the best prep this year.
MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #29
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Conquest Mo Money finished 2nd in the Arkansas Derby and Irap won the Bluegrass. Both beaten by Hence in the Sunland.
Gettin pretty excitin isn't it?! I'm pretty sure how I am going to bet the Derby. Will share when we get close brother!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #30
Vinnie

Any projections on what you guys believe Hence's odds might be if he makes it to the starting gate on Derby day. Just curious to hear some opinions. I can't help but to be a little bit excited about this one!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply