Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2023, 12:23 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I swore I was done but I hate stupid posts like this.

Yeah, anyone could just show up and talk on TV. Diane, you're reasonably smart but we have absolutely no idea if you could actually talk (TALK) about racing for 5 hours a day.

Do you remember the Seinfeld episode when George said he could be an announcer because he made good comments during games? And Jerry said, well, those jobs usually go to people who played the sport, or are trained in broadcasting? Paul Benny seems dead on the inside, but his trolling telling you all to apply was pretty funny for a bot. Dear lord, you have to actually learn how to talk on TV. Random people don't just show up and do play-by-play.

And the people who were like, "oh man, $90,000 a year is so much!" so you're one of a dozen people in the country with the job, and $90,000 is too much. I swear, this place, it's shut-in central.

Touch grass everyone!
Dilan is a lawyer, of course he can talk for 5 hours a day.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2023, 12:43 PM   #47
dilanesp

Quote:
I swore I was done but I hate stupid posts like this.

Yeah, anyone could just show up and talk on TV. Diane, you're reasonably smart but we have absolutely no idea if you could actually talk (TALK) about racing for 5 hours a day.

Do you remember the Seinfeld episode when George said he could be an announcer because he made good comments during games? And Jerry said, well, those jobs usually go to people who played the sport, or are trained in broadcasting? Paul Benny seems dead on the inside, but his trolling telling you all to apply was pretty funny for a bot. Dear lord, you have to actually learn how to talk on TV. Random people don't just show up and do play-by-play.

And the people who were like, "oh man, $90,000 a year is so much!" so you're one of a dozen people in the country with the job, and $90,000 is too much. I swear, this place, it's shut-in central.

Touch grass everyone!
I mean I do oral arguments and have done trials, and those things require both a lot of preparation and a lot of extemporaneous speech. And my father did lots of television (mostly football games and track meets). So yeah, I know what is involved and that part would not be difficult for me.

But I wouldn't be able to say a lot of intelligent things about who is going to win the race or how viewers should bet it.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2023, 12:53 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I swore I was done
Old 11-28-2023, 04:47 PM   #49
paulbenny

I can honestly say in terms of ability to speak and communicate at a rapid pace few can outpace me. There are people in the business who will go unnamed who would clearly substantiate that. I frequently call talk shows unprepared and can articulate things quite clearly. Moreover, I do know how to dress well, and present myself well. I am not a robot as Dave S. pointed out. In fact, I was frequently told I had the gift of gab by an Irish-descent Franciscan professor in my Contemporary Catholic Thought class. Lastly, I also have a strong resume in terms of being considered the class clown and a prankster and a robot could not do that. Zia Park has some nice races today.
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2023, 06:29 PM   #50
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
I can honestly say in terms of ability to speak and communicate at a rapid pace few can outpace me. There are people in the business who will go unnamed who would clearly substantiate that. I frequently call talk shows unprepared and can articulate things quite clearly. Moreover, I do know how to dress well, and present myself well. I am not a robot as Dave S. pointed out. In fact, I was frequently told I had the gift of gab by an Irish-descent Franciscan professor in my Contemporary Catholic Thought class. Lastly, I also have a strong resume in terms of being considered the class clown and a prankster and a robot could not do that. Zia Park has some nice races today.
Casty: I'm glad a professor in 1867 told you you were witty.

Paul Benny: In fact, I graduated from college in 1975. A college is a building with walls where people go to get an education and learn things, and occasionally "pitch woo" to the ladies. My Irish priest told me I was the third-best woo pitcher in the graduating class of 1975 and had quite the sense of humor, in addition to being a sharp dresser. Dave Schwartz was there too but he failed the Catholic thought class, unlike me who pulled a solid D. Parx has some big fields today.

Last edited by castaway01; 11-28-2023 at 06:31 PM.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2023, 08:21 PM   #51
CheckMark

I was digging up an old school document I needed to reference for one of my college classes, but I came across a file folder named "School work," so I looked in it, and it has a lot of my public/high school files which one I saw that said "my Profession as an adult."

I'll let the photo do the talking:

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 8.16.49 PM.png

Is this enough to send to TVG to apply for the job? I was 12 at the time and was thinking about working there. Hey, there is a chance
Old 11-29-2023, 12:56 AM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Paul Benny: In fact, I graduated from college in 1975.
Damn...I thought you were younger...wrong again.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:32 AM   #53
paulbenny

1980. Siena College Accounting
1982 SUNY at Albany MBA

My last column. I really started writing recently. I enjoy it.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne..._Churchill_123
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2023, 09:33 AM   #54
dilanesp

Quote:
A college is a building with walls where people go to get an education and learn things, and occasionally "pitch woo" to the ladies.
We don't make a party out of loving.
Cause we like holding hands and pitching woo....

Football's still the roughest thing on campus.
And the kids here still respect the college dean.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2023, 10:55 PM   #55
bobbyt62

is there anything indicating if she is going somewhere else , and for that matter , rich perloff ?
bobbyt62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2023, 03:50 PM   #56
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt62 View Post
is there anything indicating if she is going somewhere else , and for that matter , rich perloff ?

Well she only left TVG she didn't leave NBC, so one can assume she is getting a bigger role over there.
As for Rich, he retired.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=179455
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply