Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Who Would Win?
Winx 58 65.17%
Enable 31 34.83%
Voters: 89. This poll is closed

Old 03-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #61
georgetkingiv

No matter what the decision may be in regards to whether or not Winx will embark on an international campaign. I just want to say it's been an honor to able to cheer her on from halfway across the world here in New Hampshire, US. She has captured the attention of the world and rightfully so. She is a true Australian National Treasure and great ambassador for the sport of thoroughbred horse racing.

All hail Winx the mare beyond compare!!!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #62
georgetkingiv

Winx sectional times prove yet again she is in a class of her own
Old 03-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #63
georgetkingiv

Winx one adrift of Black Caviar record after George Ryder win
Old 03-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #64
georgetkingiv

Peter Moody believes Winx can win at Royal Ascot and win a fourth Cox Plate
Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #65
georgetkingiv

No Royal Ascot for Winx

Winx missing Royal Ascot is a bitter disappointment for racing fans

Last edited by georgetkingiv; 03-28-2018 at 12:28 PM.
georgetkingiv is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #66
georgetkingiv

Enable ‘In Very Good Form,’ Likely To Return In Gold Cup Or Coronation Cup
Old 03-29-2018, 12:18 AM   #67
georgetkingiv

Reading though some of the comments left on twitter in response to Chris Waller's press release that Winx will not he heading overseas makes for some interesting / entertaining reading.

https://twitter.com/cwallerracing/
Old 03-29-2018, 12:27 AM   #68
georgetkingiv

Question

I guess the question now remains will Enable or any other international raiders be willing to travel to Australia this spring to face off against her on her home turf before she retires. The ball is now in Khalid ibn Abdullah's court.

Last edited by georgetkingiv; 03-29-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #69
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetkingiv View Post
I guess the question now remains will Enable or any other international raiders be willing to travel to Australia this spring to face off against her on her home turf before she retires. The ball is now in Khalid ibn Abdullah's court.
I don't have a problem with the connections of any horse not shipping around looking for the biggest challenge all the time. Everyone knows where Winx is. If they want to take her on they can. But I think you have to take a shot yourself 1 or 2 times just to give the horse a chance to prove itself. I would have preferred a trip to Ascot. Now we have to hope someone goes to her.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:17 PM   #70
georgetkingiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't have a problem with the connections of any horse not shipping around looking for the biggest challenge all the time. Everyone knows where Winx is. If they want to take her on they can. But I think you have to take a shot yourself 1 or 2 times just to give the horse a chance to prove itself. I would have preferred a trip to Ascot. Now we have to hope someone goes to her.
I am in the middle in regards to the decision. I understand wanting to do what is in the best interest of the horse but at the same time you can't truly build a legacy beating the same horses at the same tracks on your safer home turf. I was actually reading some of the comments left on Chris Waller's twitter page last night which was a hodge podge of Aussies applauding the decision followed inherently by European racing fans winding up and taking their best shots. One particular tweet resonated with me though and it was posted by an Aussie racing fan who tweeted "Imagine shutting these flogs up! Not now...". Mind you this decision couldn't come at a worse time for Australian sports fans considering the whole Australian cricket team ball tampering scandal currently occurring.

Last edited by georgetkingiv; 03-29-2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #71
georgetkingiv

Hovdey: Morning-suit crowd mourns Winx absence

Winx connections end Royal Ascot dream, decide to stick to Australian campaign

Racing: Europe's trainers will have to travel Downunder to take on Winx
Old 04-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #72
georgetkingiv

Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #73
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetkingiv View Post
I am in the middle in regards to the decision. I understand wanting to do what is in the best interest of the horse but at the same time you can't truly build a legacy beating the same horses at the same tracks on your safer home turf. I was actually reading some of the comments left on Chris Waller's twitter page last night which was a hodge podge of Aussies applauding the decision followed inherently by European racing fans winding up and taking their best shots. One particular tweet resonated with me though and it was posted by an Aussie racing fan who tweeted "Imagine shutting these flogs up! Not now...". Mind you this decision couldn't come at a worse time for Australian sports fans considering the whole Australian cricket team ball tampering scandal currently occurring.
Cricket though is irrelevant as far as racing goes, although cricket is more honest here, than racing, in my humble opinion!!!!!!!

As for Winx why would she need to travel?
The money here is very good apparently, and she is on a hiding to nothing.
She is seven on 1/8/18 so her best days are surely behind her I would have thought.
Also if she is the best as the ratings say she is, then should they not come to her?

I am intrigued why females are usually top of the heap in Australia these days.
Does the banning of anabolic steroids here help the females?

Black Caviar
Makybe Diva
Winx

Our three best horses for a zillion years apparently and all female.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #74
Seabiscuit@AR

No leading horse travelled less in its lifetime than Frankel did but it is supposedly the best ever. So you can't expect Winx to travel

However Aussie racing has degenerated into a joke at the top level the last few years. It was very competitive at the top up until a few years ago. But then Black Caviar goes 25 unbeaten and now Winx is almost 25 in a row. No way you should be able to win 20+ starts in a row if your top racing is genuinely competitive. Something has gone badly wrong with Aussie racing these last few years

Looking back into the past the longest winning streaks in Australian racing occurred between 1915 and about 1950 which covered World War One, the Great Depression and World War Two which would explain why the racing ranks were somewhat thinner and less competitive in those years. Even so no horse got to 20+ consecutive wins in this time period (19 wins in a row was the biggest streak)

Winning streaks of top horses in Australia then got smaller and smaller as the years went by up until about 2010 suggesting the racing was getting more competitive at the top. Biggest streak for the modern day horses until Black Caviar was the New Zealand mare Sunline with 8 straight wins. A topliner like Might and Power only got to 4 straight wins

Then Black Caviar and Winx come along and string 25 and 24 in a row unbroken. It is a totally different ball game from the era that preceded up to about 2010. Winning these days is embarrassingly easy in Australia if you are top of the heap
Seabiscuit@AR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #75
georgetkingiv

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: