Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-23-2018, 05:16 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Household income=Best in 50 yrs

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nomy-optimism/

Yep......just keep on winning.....

I wonder why Obama never got this done? He waaassss ssssooo ssssmmmmaaarrrt!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nomy-optimism/

Yep......just keep on winning.....

I wonder why Obama never got this done? He waaassss ssssooo ssssmmmmaaarrrt!
Everything is relative. Compared to a sack of rocks, he probably was.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:56 AM   #3
boxcar

From JR's article:

Consider this: President Obama raised taxes, imposed massive new regulations and mandates, and routinely berated the private sector. The economy responded with the worst economic recovery in modern times.

This what a commie does. Meanwhile, a freedom-loving capitalist takes the steps Trump has. What a sharp contrast between political philosophies. Trump has turned Obama's "new norm" that we were all expected to get used to into a big lie.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
tucker6

In Trump's press conference yesterday with President Moon of SK, he gave us great insight into how he views many subjects. He was asked about the China trade talks, and in answer, he said that China takes $1B in wealth from our country every week, so a two week delay in talks is about $2B in lost real wealth. He said that is how he views the issue. He doesn't view it as time lost, but money lost. Most politicians think in terms of time and not money or wealth.

I know Elysian and Clocker and their ilk think differently for some strange reason, but a trade deficit is lost wealth, not gained wealth.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

I know Elysian and Clocker and their ilk think differently for some strange reason
That strange reason being a knowledge of economics, something in short supply around here, and in the Oval Office. Here is a sample.

http://blog.independent.org/2018/05/...omic-nonsense/
Old 05-23-2018, 11:13 AM   #6
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I know Elysian and Clocker and their ilk think differently for some strange reason, but a trade deficit is lost wealth, not gained wealth.
Trump just backed down on the trade issue. It was covered and ignored on here.

As far as wealth you still aren't listening... we have a surplus of dollars in this country.

If you think that there is upward pressure on wages, something I have to believe as unemployment ticks down, we have... you guessed it EVEN MORE DOLLARS.

You've been shown countless examples of investment in this country leading to that surplus. If broken down per person its not even close to any other country in the world. The deficits we lose come back here in the form of investment and we then spend those dollars.

Here... again:

Maybe Trump is realizing its better to let the market just sort it out. That would be what a capitalist does. Maybe not. Maybe all this trade talk was just simply bluster for votes. I don't know and I don't care as its not based on any empirical economic data.

When cheaters cheat we already have a body that can handle the dispute. Recently I posted how Airbus and the EU have been cheating through subsidies and loans. The WTO gave the United States the GREEN LIGHT to retaliate so why haven't we...? Maybe because the state of Washington gives Boeing the EXACT same unfair treatment.

Everyone tries to cheat some. If you have a case address it. This talk of trade wars and overarching tariffs is nonsense.

What this, I think, really boils down to is the MAGA crowd just can't accept the fact that China can make a lot of what we consume, faster, cheaper, and just as well as us.

An economist goes; They should be able to. They have 4x the people, pay them 1/3 as much, and have most of the inputs and natural resources onsite.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-23-2018 at 11:14 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Trump just backed down on the trade issue. It was covered and ignored on here.

As far as wealth you still aren't listening... we have a surplus of dollars in this country.

If you think that there is upward pressure on wages, something I have to believe as unemployment ticks down, we have... you guessed it EVEN MORE DOLLARS.

You've been shown countless examples of investment in this country leading to that surplus. If broken down per person its not even close to any other country in the world. The deficits we lose come back here in the form of investment and we then spend those dollars.

Here... again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5SiQpG6sg

Maybe Trump is realizing its better to let the market just sort it out. That would be what a capitalist does. Maybe not. Maybe all this trade talk was just simply bluster for votes. I don't know and I don't care as its not based on any empirical economic data.

When cheaters cheat we already have a body that can handle the dispute. Recently I posted how Airbus and the EU have been cheating through subsidies and loans. The WTO gave the United States the GREEN LIGHT to retaliate so why haven't we...? Maybe because the state of Washington gives Boeing the EXACT same unfair treatment.

Everyone tries to cheat some. If you have a case address it. This talk of trade wars and overarching tariffs is nonsense.

What this, I think, really boils down to is the MAGA crowd just can't accept the fact that China can make a lot of what we consume, faster, cheaper, and just as well as us.

An economist goes; They should be able to. They have 4x the people, pay them 1/3 as much, and have most of the inputs and natural resources onsite.
Did he really say, "and just as well as us"?
Old 05-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did he really say, "and just as well as us"?
Wonderful retort backed by countless economics figures and data.

Cost is a feature in economic terms. Even if its slightly inferior but significantly cheaper people will still likely buy it.

You make zero points other than the "America is the greatest at everything!!" one...

We aren't. Why don't we do textiles anymore?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:40 PM   #9
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:

You forgot to include that China does not have the regulations that manufacturers in the US have to follow. We do not have level playing fields.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
You forgot to include that China does not have the regulations that manufacturers in the US have to follow. We do not have level playing fields.
Exactly...

We can cut useless regulations and level it a bit to help competitiveness but at the end of the day it simply won't matter eventually.

China also doesn't have a democracy... people do what the government tells them to do. Another advantage in manufacturing but a disadvantage when it comes to innovation.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
And the solution to that is tariffs that Trump's own people admitted will increase the cost of living for the average American by up to 15%?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Wonderful retort backed by countless economics figures and data.

Cost is a feature in economic terms. Even if its slightly inferior but significantly cheaper people will still likely buy it.
Only people who don't appreciate or understand the value of VALUE.

I have bought many things that were not the cheapest in price or even low in price. And to this day, I have no regrets.

Do you think anyone makes a fridge today that can run for over 20 years? I have one that is more than 20 years old and has survived many a brownout or blackout. Has survived several hurricanes, as well. Things today, generally, are not made as well as in bygone eras, and this is doubly true for stuff made in China.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #13
elysiantraveller

Quote:

I have bought many things that were not the cheapest in price or even low in price. And to this day, I have no regrets.

Do you think anyone makes a fridge today that can run for over 20 years? I have one that is more than 20 years old and has survived many a brownout or blackout. Has survived several hurricanes, as well. Things today, generally, are not made as well as in bygone eras, and this is doubly true for stuff made in China.
So... out of my entire post you are going to pick one blurb to argue with me about and then give some random anecdotal evidence?

Okay.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:
Why shouldn't that be their choice? I thought only libs believe that people don't know what is good for them.

Is that the reason Trump put tariffs on South Korean washing machines too?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
So... out of my entire post you are going to pick one blurb to argue with me about and then give some random anecdotal evidence?

Okay.
Yeah...I question the guys' remarks that China makes quality products! That GENERALLY is not true! And I know it's not true because I have gone out of my way to spend more money for better products in order to realize true value for money spent.

You also said that people, generally will just gravitate toward cheaper products. And I say that is only true for people who don't appreciate or understand the value of VALUE.

And here's more "anecdotal" evidence. I recently spent several thousand dollars on a massage chair. After several weeks of research and shopping, I decided to go with a chair that is made in China. I bought this particular chair for three major reasons: The chair made in Japan was not a wall-saver type and it would not have fit well in the space I had for it in my family room. Secondly, the company who makes the chair in China has very good overall reviews online and has been in business for 35 years. Lastly, I got a 5-year in-home warranty and the service is local. I've had the chair now going on 2 months. I already have problems -- on a chair that costs lots of money! The problems are relatively minor at this point, but they're not going to improve. I haven't contacted the company yet because I want to conduct some tests of my own to see what the extent of one particular problem is. Once I do, then I'll contact the company.

So...you can boast about the manufacturing speed and cheap cost of Chinese products and I will not argue with you. I agree totally that most Chinese products are cheaply made -- not designed to last -- not designed to give the consumer value for his buck. Therefore, not of high quality.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: