Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #436
Profiler8

Hi,

I am very interested in the Match Up 2 book.
Does anybody sell his copy ?
I have looked at eBay, but the price is too high for me, because I am an apprentice at the moment.
I can pay $ 60.00 plus shipping to Germany.

Does anybody know the software of the Match Up book ? They sell it on eBay. Any opinions ?

Thanks for the help...

Greetings
Tim
Profiler8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #437
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler8
Hi,

I am very interested in the Match Up 2 book.
Does anybody sell his copy ?
I have looked at eBay, but the price is too high for me, because I am an apprentice at the moment.
I can pay $ 60.00 plus shipping to Germany.

Does anybody know the software of the Match Up book ? They sell it on eBay. Any opinions ?

Thanks for the help...

Greetings
Tim
Tim,
With Mr. Bradshaw having passed away a couple of days ago there are some things going on that might result in an additional 50 books being printed with ALL monies going to Mr.Bradshaw's wife.

If you are referring to his last book Matchup2 there is NO software related to it.

If you are referring to his matchup software program that is well over 15 years old and I will stop here please.

Richie Pizzicara
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #438
jcrabboy

From reading the posts I understand that Jim Bradshaw's passing is a great personal loss to you. I lost one of my best friends to cancer recently and it was devastating. The cost of long term illness was financially crippling.

I would like a copy of his new book. I thought the original Match Up was very enlightening. I will send the money for the new book and if there is a second printing fine. If not they can keep the money.

Is the address posted in this forum still valid?

Jimmie
jcrabboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #439
Lefty

I am saddened to hear of Jim's passing. I met him a few times at Sartin Seminars. I think it was in 1993 that I sat directly behind him in the racebook at the Riv and watched him make bet after bet before the 5pm seminar. At the seminar Brohamer said, "Jim Bradshaw and I averaged 31 bets apiece today. I made two and he made 60."
I shall never forget it.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #440
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrabboy
From reading the posts I understand that Jim Bradshaw's passing is a great personal loss to you. I lost one of my best friends to cancer recently and it was devastating. The cost of long term illness was financially crippling.

I would like a copy of his new book. I thought the original Match Up was very enlightening. I will send the money for the new book and if there is a second printing fine. If not they can keep the money.

Is the address posted in this forum still valid?

Jimmie
Hi Jimmie
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. We miss them terribly but at the same time realize they are finally at peace and all the suffering and pain is over with. God Bless.

I just spoke with Mrs. Bradshaw and told her of your note. She says to thank you for your kind words but asked that you and anyone else hold off on sending any monies her way. She wants things to settle down and then maybe something will be done regarding a few more books being made available.

My best to you and yours Jimmie
Richie
Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #441
Tom Barrister
Veteran

A copy of his Matchup 2 book on Ebay sold for over $170 last week. The ad said it was autographed, and that might have had something to do with the bidding. Still, it sold for almost 5 times its original list price. Is this book that hard to find? I see other copies of it for sale on Ebay.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #442
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Barrister
A copy of his Matchup 2 book on Ebay sold for over $170 last week. The ad said it was autographed, and that might have had something to do with the bidding. Still, it sold for almost 5 times its original list price. Is this book that hard to find? I see other copies of it for sale on Ebay.
They do sell for unbelievable amounts. You do see a few on Ebay, but not a lot. I think Jim predicted to Richie that this would happen since he only printed a limted number of books. Jim was not about the money - he was only about trying to help others. If he wanted to, he could have priced the books much higher or gone the Ebay route and made more money for himself.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #443
shoelessjoe

I think it's because of the acknowledgment to Richie Pizzicara [which was well deserved and very nice of Hat to do].Shoeless
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #444
dogkatcher

I noticed that the winning bidder of the Match Up II book has also been trying to sell PDF copies of Sartins Follow Up journals and The Hats original Match Up Red Manual on Ebay. I'm sure he will repeat the process with MU II in the not too distant future. The most likely reason the bid jumped so high.
dogkatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #445
asH

anything is possible, in this case there is a really,really high probability his sample size may be to small (ya think)....or else he'd be , travelin across country on his private jet, sippin mimosas between pk 6 races....I'm curious to know if he really understands pace..... but then I think I answered my own question.

would like to know what readers think of this book
tthanks

Last edited by asH; 05-03-2008 at 11:27 AM.
asH is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 03:10 PM   #446
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by asH
or else he'd be , travelin across country on his private jet, sippin mimosas between pk 6 races
Just to keep things right.

1) He flew in a single prop plane to racetracks with a buddy of his named "Chicken Hawk" flying the plane

2) He drank Jack Daniels. Straight up with no ice and wasn't what you would call a "sipper".

3) He hit 3 pick 6's at Remington Park within a 3 week span on tickets costing $4.00.$8.00 and $8.00. When he hit the first 2 he went and bought a maxed out 4wd truck. Then when he hit the third one he traded that in for the beautiful custom Caddilac that sits in his garage today.

Last edited by shanta; 05-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #447
shoelessjoe

Hang in there I know you miss the daily conversations you had with him.Jeff
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #448
jcrabboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanta

1) He flew in a single prop plane to racetracks with a buddy of his named "Chicken Hawk" flying the plane

2) He drank Jack Daniels. Straight up with no ice and wasn't what you would call a "sipper".

3) He hit 3 pick 6's at Remington Park within a 3 week span on tickets costing $4.00.$8.00 and $8.00. When he hit the first 2 he went and bought a maxed out 4wd truck. Then when he hit the third one he traded that in for the beautiful custom Caddilac that sits in his garage today.
People who had an impact in your life don't really disappear after they pass. They remain in your heart and memories, held close and cherished. When I think of my friends or family who are no longer with me it usually makes me smile. I miss them, but really they are a part of who I am.

I hope this happens for you as well. Jim Bradshaw must have been a wonderful friend.

Jimmie
jcrabboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #449
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrabboy
People who had an impact in your life don't really disappear after they pass. They remain in your heart and memories, held close and cherished. When I think of my friends or family who are no longer with me it usually makes me smile. I miss them, but really they are a part of who I am.

I hope this happens for you as well. Jim Bradshaw must have been a wonderful friend.
Jimmie
Hi Jimmie
Thank you for taking the time to write that man. It's all so very true.

Without going too long here:

Turned out after we started speaking regularly 2 years ago we had the same birth sign in his Cherokee culture. I think when he found that out he might have taken a bit more interest especially when I started telling him how I was reacting to things in the world. Being Italian plus finding out that our Cherokee sign is the Cougar which is an animal who loves to "pounce" on things he was NOT surprised to learn i had a bad temper and would jump on folks right away.

He laughed out loud after seeing and hearing the way I was when I would get upset with folks and calmly told me "Rich believe me I was JUST like you when I was your age. Got me in all kinds of trouble and nothing good came of it. We need to be more "deer like" and learn to relax about stuff. Like rainwater running off our backs Rich"

His talks and mentoring me daily kept stressing the importance of
1) Love
2) Respect of our land and Mother Earth
3) Creating a peaceful and quiet mind each day that will be open and receptive to doing GOOD things.
4) Being a "sower" as opposed to a "reaper"

Ultimately at the end he also taught me how to die with dignity. He left me at peace with everything especially my emotions which is his ultimate gift to me.

Richie
Old 05-04-2008, 03:52 AM   #450
asH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanta

I guess that means its a read.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: