Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
LutherCalvin
Pat Day's caddy

Fear and Stupidity

I went to the off track betting parlor yesterday and took with my friends Fear and Stupidity with me as I usually do. I paid special attention to the Santa Anita card because of the record breaking carryover in the Pick Six.

I did my handicapping but realized that I couldn't play the Pick Six because I only had solid opinions on three of the races. I'm a two-buck bennie who is conservative by nature so I concentrated on the rest of the card.

I found several plays including Gula Gold which was 15-1 in the morning line. I put a modest wager on the filly and also boxed her in an exacta. I couldn't believe my system which usually points out the favorite had selected the longshot.

I continued looking at the card and found another couple of races that I had strong opinions about. They were short priced favorites.

I decided to play them straight up. It was after I left the off track that I realized that I could have played the Pick Three as they were sandwiched around Gula Gold who was dominating my thoughts . Damn. I mentally kicked myself and promised to be more aware in the future.

Of course, Gula Gold, the longshot, romped home and the two chalk horses won making for a tidy payoff of $118 on a two dollar bet which I didn't make. My buddies, Fear and Stupidity, had had another successful day at the races.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
shanta

Just reading your post Luther you weren't afraid nor stupid. You just forgot about a wager type you could have made.

You "capped" the races beautifully!
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: