Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 06-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
howardjim

TwinSpires

No odds display, anyone else?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
thaskalos

I thought it was only me. The odds are there on the "Classic" format...which I despise.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
howardjim

Thanks for the quick feedback.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #4
thaskalos

Problem fixed. I guess they were waiting for you to wake them up.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
howardjim

CD is a remarkable template for the sport, they simply don't care.

Have a good week!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Been having trouble with Twinspires for weeks , sometimes the exotics odds don't load or the programs don't. I just sign out and sign back in. most times that works.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #7
thaskalos

I tried to log onto Twinspires last night...and it kept saying that I had exceeded my allowed unsuccessful login attempts. Even though I hadn't visited the site for 3 days.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #8
Parkview_Pirate

I too have had numerous problems with Twinspires, mostly using the Classic interface (from the old Winticket days). Portions of the menu do not display (ie, the "exotics" button used to bring up that sub menu, and other selections for that whole row - is simply not there to select), the odds don't refresh, the cookies don't "stick" with my selected tracks (and have to be re-selected), etc.

By far the biggest pain for me though is when I selected "Recall Today's Bets" under the "More Options" menu in the lower right hand corner. It works intermittently, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers, often returning "No wagers" displayed for long periods (over an hour) of time.

In those rare cases where I have a pick 3 still alive, and want to verify which ponies I might still be alive to - I get nothing. And since I don't (and shouldn't have to) write down my wagers, I find this rather annoying. I get the same result using the Youbet menu (wager log).

Then, over time, without doing anything, the problems with menu displays or recalling wagers will disappear, and everything works fine.

So I would guess they have multiple problems - looks to me like the display of the menu "times out", and the database server is not providing high enough priority to dish out info on previous wagers. The only other time I've seen that behavior was on very busy days (ie, Ky Derby), when the whole system was stressed, and wagers couldn't even be placed at some times...

Finally, their IT weenies are also getting cheap on the video signal, with quality way down and constant resettings of the stream. If using virtualized and/or "pay as needed" resources, this would explain the drop in service. It's pretty much standard for me to wager through Twinspires and watch the races via Xpressbet.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I use nothing but the YouBet interface...love it, except for the absolute crap video feed...I sometimes go back to my amwager account for video...

Also, they cut the video feed as soon as the last race goes off, so if you want to catch the last race after it's gone off but before it's finished...or just to see who won if it just finished, you're shit out of luck...they turn the feed off as soon as they break from the gate for the last race.

What's up with that, TwinSpires?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:27 PM   #10
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I use nothing but the YouBet interface...love it, except for the absolute crap video feed...I sometimes go back to my amwager account for video...

Also, they cut the video feed as soon as the last race goes off, so if you want to catch the last race after it's gone off but before it's finished...or just to see who won if it just finished, you're shit out of luck...they turn the feed off as soon as they break from the gate for the last race.

What's up with that, TwinSpires?
I was gonna comment on this, but I forgot. I had the winner in the last race at Louisiana Downs yesterday, and a tote delay help up the payoff for about 15 minutes...but I didn't know what was going on because the Twinspires signal on that track had been turned off too early.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Something needs to be done about that. Hopefully, someone from TS reads this, because this is probably the most annoying thing about using them right now.

That, and the video feed they provide their "express" YouBet interface is terrible by comparison to most everything else (including their own TwinSpiresTV interface, which has better video quality).
Old 06-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Another problem I have is with the video. Always seems that just after they enter the backstretch, the feed freezes and I wind up missing the stretch run and finish. Annoying as hell.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #13
Ocala Mike

Not here to plug anything, but I'm a veteran of several on-line betting platforms, and I've found NYRA BETS to be the best all-around.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #14
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
I too have had numerous problems with Twinspires, mostly using the Classic interface (from the old Winticket days). Portions of the menu do not display (ie, the "exotics" button used to bring up that sub menu, and other selections for that whole row - is simply not there to select), the odds don't refresh, the cookies don't "stick" with my selected tracks (and have to be re-selected), etc.

By far the biggest pain for me though is when I selected "Recall Today's Bets" under the "More Options" menu in the lower right hand corner. It works intermittently, with both Chrome and Firefox browsers, often returning "No wagers" displayed for long periods (over an hour) of time.

In those rare cases where I have a pick 3 still alive, and want to verify which ponies I might still be alive to - I get nothing. And since I don't (and shouldn't have to) write down my wagers, I find this rather annoying. I get the same result using the Youbet menu (wager log).

Then, over time, without doing anything, the problems with menu displays or recalling wagers will disappear, and everything works fine.

So I would guess they have multiple problems - looks to me like the display of the menu "times out", and the database server is not providing high enough priority to dish out info on previous wagers. The only other time I've seen that behavior was on very busy days (ie, Ky Derby), when the whole system was stressed, and wagers couldn't even be placed at some times...

Finally, their IT weenies are also getting cheap on the video signal, with quality way down and constant resettings of the stream. If using virtualized and/or "pay as needed" resources, this would explain the drop in service. It's pretty much standard for me to wager through Twinspires and watch the races via Xpressbet.
I've experienced the same thing. One thing you can do is this:
1. go to the "express and pro" wagering interface.
2. go to the race number that started the pick 3 by clicking on the "race" drop down menu above the "results" tab; e.g., if the pick 3 started in race 4, click on race 4 in the race drop down menu.
3. click on the "wager list" tab for race 4. It will show your pick 3 selections for races 4, 5 and 6.

Hope this helps.
trifecta is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #15
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I tried to log onto Twinspires last night...and it kept saying that I had exceeded my allowed unsuccessful login attempts. Even though I hadn't visited the site for 3 days.
Not to sidetrack from the overall argument, but that was probably someone trying to hack into your account, not a Twin Spires error.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: